Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kronos

The Tithe - Speculation.

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Gotta love crazy warhammer conspiracy theories! The potential for stuff like this is really what makes the lore so mych fun.

Unless it's more "hey stormcast do stuff...and get 6 more units!"

Fyreslayers be jealous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battletome: Accountants

 

I mean they're collecting tithes and stuff right?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 3:07 PM, Scythian said:

The music is clearly Egyptian sounding. Necropolis was a term often referred to in the tomb Kings books. The voice is probably Krell. My summation is that it will be a deathrattle book incorporating the newer tomb king models. 

Not sure why everyone thinking the music is oriental or egyptian or whatever. It's almost identical to Mongolian, including the instrument that sounds almost exactly like throat singing. That totally fits with Ogres in my mind. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imma throw my hat in the ring with a super left field suggestion.

It seems there's a lot of contention over the cultural inspiration for the teaser's... well everything.

What if that's intentional? What if the necropolis is made from bone tithes from all the realms? That'd explain the mix of cultural signals as the necropolis would have influences from everywhere. 

As for the mortarch (or whatever this guy is going to be) it's probably a new character, but Krell is a solid choice. But how about Count Noctilus? Hear me out here, the vampire coast expansion for total war warhammer 2 has popularized undead pirates again and it's been long enough since that hype train for GW to have had something in the works as a response to that. While he wasn't killed by ghal maraz itself, his ship was rammed by the heldenhammer which had a recreation of ghal maraz as a battering ram. 

I know I'm reaching for straws here but since the free cities are getting a full book, this would be an opportunity to turn their "rival" from firestorm, the wraith fleet, into their own army.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Imma throw my hat in the ring with a super left field suggestion.

It seems there's a lot of contention over the cultural inspiration for the teaser's... well everything.

What if that's intentional? What if the necropolis is made from bone tithes from all the realms? That'd explain the mix of cultural signals as the necropolis would have influences from everywhere. 

As for the mortarch (or whatever this guy is going to be) it's probably a new character, but Krell is a solid choice. But how about Count Noctilus? Hear me out here, the vampire coast expansion for total war warhammer 2 has popularized undead pirates again and it's been long enough since that hype train for GW to have had something in the works as a response to that. While he wasn't killed by ghal maraz itself, his ship was rammed by the heldenhammer which had a recreation of ghal maraz as a battering ram. 

I know I'm reaching for straws here but since the free cities are getting a full book, this would be an opportunity to turn their "rival" from firestorm, the wraith fleet, into their own army.

I really doubt it. 
If so there's a clear missed opportunity for a real pirate-inspired teasing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The instrument is an urhu - a Chinese instrument. Here's my wild guess: an east Asian/Mongolian-themed death army, with lots of fast cavalry and chariots, as well as some Asian-themed constructs (fu dogs, shen long etc). My feeling is that this is a vampire-led faction, maybe based on an undead old Cathay (the dragon emperor was apparently a descendant of the Von Carsteins).

That would give the ogre vs new faction box an asian theme as the mawtribes wear Mongolian armour design.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Imma throw my hat in the ring with a super left field suggestion.

It seems there's a lot of contention over the cultural inspiration for the teaser's... well everything.

What if that's intentional? What if the necropolis is made from bone tithes from all the realms? That'd explain the mix of cultural signals as the necropolis would have influences from everywhere. 

As for the mortarch (or whatever this guy is going to be) it's probably a new character, but Krell is a solid choice. But how about Count Noctilus? Hear me out here, the vampire coast expansion for total war warhammer 2 has popularized undead pirates again and it's been long enough since that hype train for GW to have had something in the works as a response to that. While he wasn't killed by ghal maraz itself, his ship was rammed by the heldenhammer which had a recreation of ghal maraz as a battering ram. 

I know I'm reaching for straws here but since the free cities are getting a full book, this would be an opportunity to turn their "rival" from firestorm, the wraith fleet, into their own army.

You should check last warhammer weekly where @Thomas Lyons  have à very similar theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2019 at 11:13 PM, Carnelian said:

Just realised I should have posted it here rather than the rumour thread... But anyway, I think there's Mongolian-style throat singing doing the bass drone at the end

A bit like these guys? 

Edited by Laststand
Inserted comment
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Imma throw my hat in the ring with a super left field suggestion.

It seems there's a lot of contention over the cultural inspiration for the teaser's... well everything.

What if that's intentional? What if the necropolis is made from bone tithes from all the realms? That'd explain the mix of cultural signals as the necropolis would have influences from everywhere. 

As for the mortarch (or whatever this guy is going to be) it's probably a new character, but Krell is a solid choice. But how about Count Noctilus? Hear me out here, the vampire coast expansion for total war warhammer 2 has popularized undead pirates again and it's been long enough since that hype train for GW to have had something in the works as a response to that. While he wasn't killed by ghal maraz itself, his ship was rammed by the heldenhammer which had a recreation of ghal maraz as a battering ram. 

I know I'm reaching for straws here but since the free cities are getting a full book, this would be an opportunity to turn their "rival" from firestorm, the wraith fleet, into their own army.

Good shout, though I'd go Luthor Harkon if we're going nautical vampire, he's a much more established presence (having appeared in 20 years worth of undead + Lustria background), and was and End Times mortarch.

All said, Noctilus is a Phil Kelly pet character, so who knows? (Mundvar the Cruel anyone? 🙄🤷‍♂️😉)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Good shout, though I'd go Luthor Harkon if we're going nautical vampire, he's a much more established presence (having appeared in 20 years worth of undead + Lustria background), and was and End Times mortarch.

All said, Noctilus is a Phil Kelly pet character, so who knows? (Mundvar the Cruel anyone? 🙄🤷‍♂️😉)

This was speculated on a few months back when we first saw the kraken in the lake lethis art. Given that much of the design work is already done for TWW2 it kinda makes sense they would make use of it and bring the vampire Coast to TableTop. But the vampire Coast have a very classic pirates of the Caribbean feel. To me at least, the tithe teaser doesn't have that kind of vibe. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking Mongolian as the music does fit, but Ogors already fill the Mongolian theme and watching the new Tyrant video, neither the music nor the voice of the Tyrant sounds similar to that in the Tithe. 

I'm still putting my money on Oriental themed Death army with constructs a la Terracotta army. Probably wrong haha but this idea gets me the most hyped. 

If the new character was Oriental in theme, it would make sense. The themes with the Tithe and the Mawtribes ('Feast of Bones' vs 'Tithe of Bones')  could link with Ancient China and the Mongol invasions.  It would be a good time to release both forces together, or at least the Mawtribes alongside this new campaign. 

Again probably straw clutching. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Would be cool if it Settrus was made using just half of Settra's soul. The other half and with it all his memories locked away by Sigmar. Until one day the vault gets shattered and Settra's will escapes to find its other half.

Then one day Settrus and his stormcast are patrolling some dark corner in the realm of death surrounded and haunted by a dark spirit when suddenly it seems Settrus is beset by madness, as his stormbrothers seek to find out what's wrong he lashes out in a fit of rage and tears one of his soldiers in half shocking his entire regiment. Settra's halves are reunited and as his forgotten memories settle Settrus is engaged,  filled with a hatred he hasn't experienced since his betrayal at the hand of Nagash he murders his entire regiment. 

But the soldiers he slays don't really die, instead Settra accidentally  binds their souls to his own cursing them to an eternity of suffering. He blames Sigmar for reforging him without his consent, and forcing souls to his will and vows that no soul should be bound and used by anyone. From that day until the end of all things he and his cursed legion march the mortal realms seeking to exterminate anything related to Sigmar, Nagash or Chaos.

Obviously Settras incredible will and power as well as the unstable nature of the cursed souls would change the appearances of the cursed legion. so instead of looking like normal stormcast they look like Egyptian stormcast who's souls are bursting from their armor as well as empowering their weapons.

 

Edit: I don't think this is the tithe, as it clearly says it serves a master and as everyone knows Settra has no master.

Edited by Warfiend
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

re: Pirate

The voiceover for the tithe video is Jamacian accent. This is associated with pirates.  And ive definitely seen krakens in artwork.

Asian music. Im not sure what to make of it. definitely oriental. Chow Yun Fat played Sao Feng in Pirates of the Carribean.  Perhaps we are going to get Pirates of Carribean soup with Asian/Cathay and Jamaican/Pirate units.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to call it right now. The two decapitated royalty on that recent rumor engine photo are part of the new mortarch kit. Probably a couple of dudes heads he's holding 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:24 AM, overtninja said:

Whoever it ends up being, the voice sounds a lot like Jim Cummings doing his Razoul the Head Guard voice from Aladdin.

 

3 hours ago, soots said:

re: Pirate

The voiceover for the tithe video is Jamacian accent. This is associated with pirates.  And ive definitely seen krakens in artwork.

Asian music. Im not sure what to make of it. definitely oriental. Chow Yun Fat played Sao Feng in Pirates of the Carribean.  Perhaps we are going to get Pirates of Carribean soup with Asian/Cathay and Jamaican/Pirate units.

 

They definitely don't sound like the Jamaicans I know. On the other hand, people in this thread have also seem to have suggested the owner of that voice might be Mongolian, Chinese, Egyptian or Von Carstein (Eastern European I suppose). 

Whilst it doesn't seem very clear which real world accent the voice is meant to have, I think we can all agree with overtninja that it definitely does sound a lot like Jim Cummings (it reminded me the most of Minsc).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the accent of the voice seems very very Eastern European. To the point I would be willing to bet a oop plastic dwarf warrior that it’s a vampire release.

the ‘somebkdy is leading my legions ‘ comment would make sense that way and it would be an easy update to do. 

I also hope the narrative of underworlds will lead to an katophrane army. With shade glass constructs etc.  But that seems hard to tie to the forbidden power lore with this ally of Nagash being there for ever. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dr Ben said:

 

They definitely don't sound like the Jamaicans I know. On the other hand, people in this thread have also seem to have suggested the owner of that voice might be Mongolian, Chinese, Egyptian or Von Carstein (Eastern European I suppose). 

Whilst it doesn't seem very clear which real world accent the voice is meant to have, I think we can all agree with overtninja that it definitely does sound a lot like Jim Cummings (it reminded me the most of Minsc).

I hear alot of this accent:

 

 

Edited by soots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could the Soul-thief be Slaanesh, do you think?  I mean, Nagash regards anyone who stops him getting souls as a soul-thief, not just Sigmar.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I'm still putting my money on Oriental themed Death army with constructs a la Terracotta army. Probably wrong haha but this idea gets me the most hyped. 

Oh man... now I really want oriental vampires/liche's leading terracotta undead soldiers!!! That would be amazing.

 

Personally I do hope they go oriental themed, would be something very different and super cool for death! Regular boring ol' skeletons would just feel too much like battletome legions of nagash 2: undead boogaloo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kramer said:

To the point I would be willing to bet a oop plastic dwarf warrior that it’s a vampire release.

You're on. I have no stake in undead characters, but would never turn down the chance to win an oop dwarf. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

You're on. I have no stake in undead characters, but would never turn down the chance to win an oop dwarf. :D 

You sure? Cause these are the ones i was thinking of ;) 

6A34A8A0-7E20-48BD-93AD-6FFBD9B34E38.jpeg.aa0e59a685ed7119279542e3dea802b6.jpeg

(not my picture) 

what are you thinking it’s going to be? 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kramer said:

You sure? Cause these are the ones i was thinking of ;) 

6A34A8A0-7E20-48BD-93AD-6FFBD9B34E38.jpeg.aa0e59a685ed7119279542e3dea802b6.jpeg

(not my picture) 

what are you thinking it’s going to be? 

I was planning on wagering one of these, but I'm happy to put up a 4th ed plastic plastic dwarf if you'd rather.

pbs3examples-01.jpg

 

I have no idea what the thing in the vault will be, but am way more excited than I should be at the idea of betting a plastic dwarf.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think the master has to be Nagash, which everyone seems to assume.  What if the master mentioned is someone from the End Times not allied to Nagash but still a Death faction?  And then the voice in the video can be someone completely new.   This ties in nicely to the old world without slavishly relying on it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Aelven supremacy said:

I don’t think the master has to be Nagash, which everyone seems to assume.  What if the master mentioned is someone from the End Times not allied to Nagash but still a Death faction?  And then the voice in the video can be someone completely new.   This ties in nicely to the old world without slavishly relying on it.  

Right now every single thing happening to Death faction is Nagash related, in Forbidden Power we have a Nagash's ally freed from Stormvault, it doesn't make sense to randomly add another "master" figure and random Death dude right after. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...