The Tithe - Speculation.

Kronos

I've been saying on the FB groups for a while now, that I suspect this will be more about reanimants than about deathrattle... 

Especially seeing how the armor resembles that of the morghasts so much. 

It would also tie in a lot more with the end times releases for death: 
Nagash and his three mortarchs --> LoN
Spirit hosts --> complete nighthaunt/malignant rework
Morghasts --> complete reanimant rework. 

• Like 3

The new army seems to be so close to what Tomb Kings used to be, aka exotic skeleton army with ranged stuff like catapults and so on, that it seems a bit obvious that GWs aim here is to get all the Tomb King players on board without having to actually do Tomb Kings.
The new stuff looks great and everything but I'm a bit bummed. Hopefully they'll at least give us chariots and archer skeletons as well so we can do a proper counts-as army.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Panzer said:

The new army seems to be so close to what Tomb Kings used to be, aka exotic skeleton army with ranged stuff like catapults and so on, that it seems a bit obvious that GWs aim here is to get all the Tomb King players on board without having to actually do Tomb Kings.
The new stuff looks great and everything but I'm a bit bummed. Hopefully they'll at least give us chariots and archer skeletons as well so we can do a proper counts-as army.

Indeed. Just let me use my chariots!

I'm not sure they are skeletons even...  I'm looking at the video and these guys feel too "beefy" almost for skeletons (except ofc the mounts): 

That, and the armor being identical to the Morghasts, makes me lean more towards reanimants as opposed to skeletons. 

tithe 1.JPG

Tithe2.JPG

Tithe3.JPG

• Like 5

In general we can already see an armoured design that somehow reminds a bit of necron pariahs from 3rd ed or even to stormcasts. Also worth a mention: In the Faceshot we see an mumified face under the mask/the open lower part. Therefore the shown hero is no Deathrattle but maybe something new.

The asian/mongolian aesthetics could be fun to paint and build

• Like 1

The first thought that came into my mind was that they collected the bones and reshape them into new arms and armor and probably dudes and mounts as well.   Similar to how Nagash makes bodies for himself in several of the black library stories like the tsunami of frozen corpses he used to create a body to defeat a chaos army. Totally magic necrons but no nano machines. 

Edited by Gorthor21

It would seem that the army is a hodgepodge. The mounts in the art have different skeletal animal heads, some figures look statuesque and others more skeletal.  Also looks like some design is taken from the morghasts.

I for one welcome my new AoS-necron overlords

Edited by Mandzak-Miniatures
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

It would seem that the army is a hodgepodge. The mounts in the art have different skeletal animal heads, some figures look statuesque and others more skeletal.  Also looks like some design is taken from the morghasts.

I for one welcome my new AoS-necron overlords

Bit hard to be judging it off of still images in a trailer.  I am very curious to see the model reveal especially if we get some painted model shots.  The theme looks very interesting.

Looks a bit Stormcasty  to me - plainish plate armour, similar death mask helmet, the way the chest/torso armour is seperate from the abs section. Combined with some of the design cues of the Morghasts. The Mortarch could be a long rumoured ‘Deathcast Eternal’ but he looks to be the only one.  The rest of the army has a more elite skellies sort of feel.

A398F62D-410D-4F1E-B7C6-6C7905C00983.jpeg

2 hours ago, Percivael said:

Looks a bit Stormcasty  to me - plainish plate armour, similar death mask helmet, the way the chest/torso armour is seperate from the abs section. Combined with some of the design cues of the Morghasts. The Mortarch could be a long rumoured ‘Deathcast Eternal’ but he looks to be the only one.  The rest of the army has a more elite skellies sort of feel.

A398F62D-410D-4F1E-B7C6-6C7905C00983.jpeg

Inb4 it's Settrus. :P 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Souleater said:

I wonder if these guys are Nagash's take on Stormcast? He's ticked off at Sigmar stealing souls from the realm of death.

Those helmets have a bit of the SCE vibe to me.

Vampires/Soulblight seem more likely to be the Stormcast equivalent. Individually powerful, not as numerous as other forces, low-key knightly aesthetic, etc.