The Tithe - Speculation.

Kronos

9 hours ago, Aryann said:

I've just checked old tomb kings models and to be honest if they were AoS they'd still be one of the best designed and looking armies. Only basic troops skeletons and cavalery look old and I would like them to be replaced. Necrosphinx is just epic. Other units like tomb guard or those snakes are awesome. 

I really didn't understand why they scrapped it. Some units were amazing. Many could readily be used again. The models don't look dated at all. 

• Like 1

With Shyish and Nagash, I wish in the lore, we were still experiencing his conquest of the Realm of Death, rather than as he is now as the sole ruler.

Imagine, hundreds of Death gods, every culture's afterlife vying for domination of the Realm. The diversity of armies that would make. A true war in the heavens. 

I know there are some death gods still knocking about doing lad stuff but I do dislike the centre around Nagash. We need some defiance up in this realm. 

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 6

My guess is that it's a Terracotta warriors themed Death army. Brought back from the dead and imbued into powerful forms - Sounds like a good form of Anti-Stormcast to me! With terracotta constructs and the like. The Terracotta Warriors WERE buried in Tombs.

• Like 1

I would be very surprised if the factio  is not about bones in the first place. We have the names mentioning bones and we have at the start of the video the boxes with the bones and skulls (sent from the ogres?).  Also some of the rumour engineen pics were quite bone-like.

Edited by obaobaboss

I wonder when we'll see this release. I can't think off the top of my head what else is expected this year.

I know Sisters are going to be the big 40k release. 

Sylvaneth are out finally, waiting on ogors and shadespire season 3. I imagine free cities and orruks will release together. 

Is there anything else major expected. I sure hope we see this new faction/character this year.

44 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I wonder when we'll see this release. I can't think off the top of my head what else is expected this year.

Sylvaneth are out finally, waiting on ogors and shadespire season 3. I imagine free cities and orruks will release together. 

Is there anything else major expected. I sure hope we see this new faction/character this year.

My guess is they will reveal end of August at Nova for a Halloween launch.

Also, watched the warhammer weekly episode where John says it's a stele. Makes a compelling argument for a reimagined tomb kings 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 3:38 PM, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Imma throw my hat in the ring with a super left field suggestion.

It seems there's a lot of contention over the cultural inspiration for the teaser's... well everything.

What if that's intentional? What if the necropolis is made from bone tithes from all the realms? That'd explain the mix of cultural signals as the necropolis would have influences from everywhere. 

As for the mortarch (or whatever this guy is going to be) it's probably a new character, but Krell is a solid choice. But how about Count Noctilus? Hear me out here, the vampire coast expansion for total war warhammer 2 has popularized undead pirates again and it's been long enough since that hype train for GW to have had something in the works as a response to that. While he wasn't killed by ghal maraz itself, his ship was rammed by the heldenhammer which had a recreation of ghal maraz as a battering ram. 

I know I'm reaching for straws here but since the free cities are getting a full book, this would be an opportunity to turn their "rival" from firestorm, the wraith fleet, into their own army.

I find this very likely.

Just look.

2402A4AD-5E27-41DF-908D-09C1A7E1B269.png

It was here since Firestorm book with Free Cities allegiance abilities. It also had abilities for Chaos, Destruction and Death - exactly the Wraith Fleet. It's nothing new and definitely not a secret announcement.

19 hours ago, Kugane said:

I really didn't understand why they scrapped it. Some units were amazing. Many could readily be used again. The models don't look dated at all. 

According to an ama the designers did awhile ago, the decision to remove them was made before the End Times even happened, and was made due to their total lack of popularity (the army was functionally near unplayable in 8th ed). So they decided not to renew the moulds, and just runs things until they wore down and models ran out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

According to an ama the designers did awhile ago, the decision to remove them was made before the End Times even happened, and was made due to their total lack of popularity (the army was functionally near unplayable in 8th ed). So they decided not to renew the moulds, and just runs things until they wore down and models ran out.

a classic case of GW saying " we didn't do enough, so ****** it"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have a theory which somewhat has its roots in the old Warhammer.

the tithe might be the „tithe of bones“ of every faction, meaning:

skeletons of Humans, Aelves, Orruks, ogors and duardin (And chaos?)

these might be represented by a unit made out of bones of each of those factions. This might include constructs, or simple Skeleton warriors.

perhaps simply different Skeleton types

59 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Interesting. I don't pay a whole bunch of attention to Reddit, have you got a link to the AMA? :) 

23 hours ago, Lior'Lec said:

Oh, well guess I’ll be reporting with the commissar lol.

Death = Nagash is just boring lore wise. Even the forces of “order” are fractured and splintered, it part of what makes them interesting. I was looking at building a small death force until I started reading up on some of the lore, other than FEC I find them all boring. 

Would be cool it Nagash had a multiple personality problem, too many death gods inside of him, too many times he's come back from the brink of oblivion. It would also be nice if this was revealed in a smooth, narrative way.

As for the pyramid and candles, I think it's more likely something Hyish related. The Realm of Light also likes pyramids.

1 hour ago, Cèsar de Quart said:

Would be cool it Nagash had a multiple personality problem, too many death gods inside of him, too many times he's come back from the brink of oblivion. It would also be nice if this was revealed in a smooth, narrative way.

As for the pyramid and candles, I think it's more likely something Hyish related. The Realm of Light also likes pyramids.

I'm also not totally convinced on the headstone design. It could just be a decorative callback on a non-TK-related model.

On 7/26/2019 at 4:28 AM, Black_Templar_Lad said:

The last Malign Portents Herald Army, Everchosen/Chaos Undivided. I would be very surprised if they didn't come out this year (honestly was banking on a Summer release but Warcry took that spot)