The Tithe - Speculation.

Kronos

I was looking at the rumor and the picture... i though it was a "stele" at first as a Rosetta Stone, but after looking at the picture it seems more as if the guy is actually a walking sarcophagus., and the rumor picmight be actually the back of it

sarc.jpg

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, tupavko said:

I was looking at the rumor and the picture... i though it was a "stele" at first as a Rosetta Stone, but after looking at the picture it seems more as if the guy is actually a walking sarcophagus., and the rumor picmight be actually the back of it

sarc.jpg

I imagine he’s got it on his back, rather than being a walking sarcophagus. 

35 minutes ago, Jeff Egan said:

I think these videos have given away quite a bit. Here is what we can safely assume.

Emphasis mine, and that’s exactly my point. We can assume and infer a lot but it confirms little. Most of your points could be inferred from the first teaser and all we have so far is still just assumptions. 

Just realised the voice sounds like the guy from the 'Thunder King' trailer for WoW, but ain't that lorewalker cho?

Man this has made me so hyped, I am loving the eastern theme sooo much. Plus I'm currently planning an oriental themed force around the Thunder King so I may be a little bias anyway 😋

Can't wait to hear more. 

2 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

I think that's him sitting in a grave stone shaped throne with candles on top isn't it?

The only reason I think it's not a throne is that we already have Kurdoss Valentian, another dead king on the throne. Two dead kings seated on thrones is too much.

I think he is wearing it in some way, seems almost as a sort of "casing".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blueraven84 said:

Not a throne, you can see it in the first part of the video

emperor.png

You're right. That is really weird. 

2 hours ago, Still-young said:

I imagine he’s got it on his back, rather than being a walking sarcophagus. 

It might just be the shadow (I'm looking at it on my phone) but the feet look massive as if they might be sarcophagus feet. Odd though it seems at face value, walking sarcophagus isn't beyond the realms of possibility given that silhouette. 

Alternatively, Undead turtle king back for vengeance against IDK for years of turtle cruelty.....

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Still-young said:

The feet look like they’re coming out of a broken sarcophagus in that picture to me. It actually looks a lot like the image Warfiend posted above. 

Fair enough. So... the explanation for walking around with a sarcophagus stuck to your back is that it is one of Nagash's ironic punishments for something?

Seemed more to me at first glance as if the casket we see the skull peaking from were both being carried from the other side. Kinda like a baby carry backpack, just due to the way the shadows make the position of the arms out of place compared to the skull. But that doesn’t align necessarily with the flat rumour image if they are one one the same *shrug*

16 minutes ago, Grimoriano said:

Well, he is not Krell or vlad 😂

The fella (Judge?) is not, but we still don’t know what that big giant terror is? 

Voice of the video and revealed new character, which is also a few of the rumour engines, seems to be a Mortal Realm denzien given a special position by Nagash mich like Lady Olynder. But we still don’t know who or what the thing within the tomb in the artwork is. 

Also, this fella with the slab on his back reminds me of this guy 😂

80E26C9D-4C66-4957-A163-17A90DD54C88.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, tupavko said:

sarc.jpg

It’s funny, but those candles in the vid line up exactly with the rumor engine photo. Looks like the back.

• Like 1

Full reveal then would be a bit early considering that there's 2 other battletomes for factions which should be coming first. I'd wager we'll get another teaser and instead confirmed details on Orruks and Free Peoples unless GW is going to push this faction in between or before those two. 

Then again GW might put those two battletomes out at the same time. 

58 minutes ago, Fairbanks said:

It’s funny, but those candles in the vid line up exactly with the rumor engine photo. Looks like the back.

That's an interesting point. The artist who does these animated trailers has quite a distinctive and stylised approach, so much so that when they did the Genestealer Cults one I saw the vehicles and thought 'nah, that's just a weird stylised background thing' but then it turned out to accurately reflect a forthcoming model. Here, well, the silhouette matches two rumour engines.

It's funny because this illustration/animation looks wonderful but is clearly hewing very close to the appearance of the models, unlike a lot of the early AoS art which also hewed close to the models but looked dull, cookie-cutter and lifeless (haha). I guess previewing and hinting at things is the purpose of this kind of trailer art.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fairbanks said:

Looking at how the candles line up in the rumor photo compared the video, the order of the candles is reversed. This would imply that the rumor photo is the front (assuming we are looking at the back in the video). Or that the rumor photo is the back if we are looking at the front in the video.

Edited by LoopyZebra

12 hours ago, tupavko said:

sarc.jpg

Cofagrigus! I choose you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1