The Tithe - Speculation.

Kronos

On 7/27/2019 at 10:31 AM, Hankster said:

I think the popularity of TK in total war may have changed that calculation. 

I'm more of this belief, since back in 7th when I started only one dude even thought Tomb Kings were cool enough over the other armies to play them... I really never heard people talking specifically about TK but maybe that was my area/the internet not being as big as it is now.

7 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

I'm more of this belief, since back in 7th when I started only one dude even thought Tomb Kings were cool enough over the other armies to play them... I really never heard people talking specifically about TK but maybe that was my area/the internet not being as big as it is now.

It's not the cool factor.

The cool factor is adjusted up or down based on how easy/good the rules writing are.

Since they were originally split from the main undead faction in 4th edition, TK had a hard time getting wins. They had the cool factor off the charts, but all of that doesn't matter when your rules are ass and you can't beat up Empire swordsman like they were a sack of raw potatoes

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lord marcus said:

The midnight tomb was what John doe evil was locked up in.....

If you mean Lady Olynder I think you are mistaken. She was sent by Nagash as he wants the evil within. The Legion of Grief was assembled and marching their, Sigmar responds and I think that’s where we’re at now. If I’m mistaken please do correct as I’m not entirley well verse din AoS Lore as much as I would like.

NVM, you’re referencing that odd film about the witch, my bad...

Edited by Kronos

I was just flicking through some warscrolls on the app, and realized that the Morghasts have the same REANIMANT keyword as the statue-based TK stuff has (e.g. Sphinxes, Sepulchral Stalkers, etc.).

Visually, they feel like something that could easily be merged into a "spiritual successor" to Tomb Kings, or perhaps even represent the actual template for that faction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

I was just flicking through some warscrolls on the app, and realized that the Morghasts have the same REANIMANT keyword as the statue-based TK stuff has (e.g. Sphinxes, Sepulchral Stalkers, etc.).

Visually, they feel like something that could easily be merged into a "spiritual successor" to Tomb Kings, or perhaps even represent the actual template for that faction.

Agreed.

If there‘s some kind of TK return in the shape of Constructs and skeleton warriors I think we‘ll see a style mix of gothic and Egyptian (like Nagash and Srkhan have)

Edited by JackStreicher

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Agreed.

If there‘s some kind of TK return in the shape of Constructs and skeleton warriors I think we‘ll see a style mix of gothic and Egyptian (like Nagash and Srkhan have)

Arkhan remains my long-shot choice for the new faction's leader, with the existing model being repurposed as the centrepiece for nuTK. 

5 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Arkhan remains my long-shot choice for the new faction's leader, with the existing model being repurposed as the centrepiece for nuTK. 

That is pretty much impossible. He already has his Legion and the faction leader is the escaped „Powerful“ being which wasn‘t Arkhan.

Yet I understand why you‘d like him to be the faction leader =}

Edited by JackStreicher

Rumours! - Thanks to @Charleston I would almost bet on a serious one like this for example

And breakdown from @sorokyl 

works for me, it's from /tg/, so take with a big grain of salt, but it is not too outlandish:

Gutbusters+BCR 1 faction
all resin dropped
new Butcher + Tyrant models
Butcher with cauldron gone. 
Cauldron is now terrain piece. 
Endless spells are big mouth in ground,  everwinter thing, floating piece of meat
release late october w/ new death

New skeletons, some  horse archers, some ogre skeletons 

Looks like Ogors gave their dead in exchange for peace. The truce/peace seems to be broken. Reccomended to take with salt but not OTT rumour.

I can see a cauldron being a Gutbuster/Ogres terrain feature very easily considering how cornerstone it is to them as a people. Heck its said that if you want a good cook in the Realms then few can beat an ogre (and those who try to end up in the pot too). 

10 hours ago, soots said:

Ogors are Mongolian/eastern in appearance and fluff. So thats more supporting evidence of the eastern cathay undead theme. Horse archers as well. And undead Ogors can fall under the re-animate keyword. 

It's quite possible they do a Re-Animate army, but it'd be a bit too close together to do simple undead/risen Ogors with regular Ogors I think

The new video makes me think more and more that we're not seeing a returning WFB character, but if we're going to be speculating that we are, why restrict ourselves to undead characters and not anyone who's died.

The city seen in the video looks properly Empire, if it's the one our man is talking about being not unlike the one he was born in and died defending, why not Kurt Helborg, he was most likely born in Altdorf, certainly died defending it, would have put general on his census form, and the silhouette doesn't suggest a lack of moustache. 🙄😝

1 hour ago, Lior'Lec said:

Second teaser is up, and gives away every bit as much nothing as the first one. @Grimoriano all we know is “soon” which for GW can be anywhere from 1 month to 4 months away. 

I think these videos have given away quite a bit. Here is what we can safely assume:

1. There will be a Looncurse style boxed set featuring Ogors and this Bone Tithe army.

2. This box will feature (at least) two new models: an ogor tyrant and this Bone Tithe judge character

3. This bone tithe army is allied with Nagash (the protagonist's "master") but it has a different, eastern theme to it than, say Legions of Nagash

4. The tithe of bones refers to this army's expectation that all civilizations should surrender the bones of their dead to the construct army

5. The pact of bones was likely an alliance between ogors and bone tithe--ogors ate the flesh off corpses and the bone tithe were allowed to use the bones

6. The art in the video suggests this bone tithe leader is connected to at least 2 rumor engine photos. He carries with him the heads of some free people kings who were slain after refusing to hand over bones.

That's a lot of stuff! And an awesome new twist on GA death.

Edited by Jeff Egan
  • Like 11