The Tithe - Speculation.

Kronos

@Aryann i agree with you, the Tomb Guard are still mr favourite gw skellies to date. Wish they would have stayed along with rhe snake riders and snake construct kit.

Its been nearly a week since the first video went up, Im optimistically hoping theres another soon.

• Like 2

Someone's probably already noted this but I was trying to see if the runes etched upon the skin of that big menace in the artwork matched with those on the gravestone rumour engine. 

It's hard to even make his runes out but they are definitely similar in shape. Confident that gravestone links to whatever this guy is. I'm sure someone deciphered some of the grave runes right?

20190725_134936.jpg

20190725_134907.jpg

Screenshot_20190725-135105_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Did anyone see Warhammer Weekley? They think the rumor engine of the stele (headstone with candles) confirms it is a new version of Tomb Kings. Steles are Egyptian funerary markers and this one has a pyramid on it for christ's sake. Plus its got candles and rays of light and the old Tomb Kings used light magic extensively.

Personally, I'm super excited! Tomb Kings are by far the coolest death in my view since I hate vampires and ghouls. 

Edited by Hankster
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Hankster said:

Did anyone see Warhammer Weekley? They think the rumor engine of the stupa (headstone with candles) confirms it is a new version of Tomb Kings. Stupas are Egyptian funerary markers and this one has a pyramid on it for christ's sake. Plus its got candles and rays of light and the old Tomb Kings used light magic extensively.

Personally, I'm super excited! Tomb Kings are by far the coolest death in my view since I hate vampires and ghouls. 

I really hope you're right, I started Tomb King army during the End Times, than I was conscripted and after returning it was AoS already, so I sold those few models I had and digged into SCE

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hankster said:

Did anyone see Warhammer Weekley? They think the rumor engine of the stupa (headstone with candles) confirms it is a new version of Tomb Kings. Stupas are Egyptian funerary markers and this one has a pyramid on it for christ's sake. Plus its got candles and rays of light and the old Tomb Kings used light magic extensively.

That is a probable hypothesis

1 minute ago, Lord marcus said:

That is a probable hypothesis

We'll see.

If they are right it probably means that whatever Lady Olynder freed from the storm vault it probably isn't part of the new death army. It wouldn't be the first time GW has built up a monster or godbeast that isn't actually playable.

It may also mean that the speaker's master isn't Nagsh. It might be a stretch, but I'm really hoping to see an undead faction that is opposed to Nagash or at least has their own agenda. Neo-Tomb Kings from the realm of light would fit the bill perfectly. 

8 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Stupas are Buddhist reliquaries or sepulchres. See them all over Asia. Nothing to do with ancient Egypt. Also, looks nothing like that picture. They're normally pretty big. That just looks like a gravestone to me.

image.png.dfb8286953df5bafb74b20d658d3ed4b.png

Hmmm. You're right. I might have the wrong spelling and thus the wrong random religious thing.

3 minutes ago, Lord marcus said:

Off the wall theory. 

Settra is a new death god and the speaker is khatep

I actually had the same thought like 5min ago. I know TK from Total War and it sure fits the lore in that game.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hankster said:

We'll see.

If they are right it probably means that whatever Lady Olynder freed from the storm vault it probably isn't part of the new death army. It wouldn't be the first time GW has built up a monster or godbeast that isn't actually playable.

It may also mean that the speaker's master isn't Nagsh. It might be a stretch, but I'm really hoping to see an undead faction that is opposed to Nagash or at least has their own agenda. Neo-Tomb Kings from the realm of light would fit the bill perfectly. 

The Warhammer Community Open Day coverage makes it pretty clear that the great and terrible force awakened at the end of Forbidden Power is the one making plans in the video. :) 

30 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Stupas are Buddhist reliquaries or sepulchres. See them all over Asia. Nothing to do with ancient Egypt. Also, looks nothing like that picture. They're normally pretty big. That just looks like a gravestone to me.

image.png.dfb8286953df5bafb74b20d658d3ed4b.png

Sorry. Typo. Ment stele not stupa. Look up Egyptian stele. They look very similar to the roomor engine pic.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

The Warhammer Community Open Day coverage makes it pretty clear that the great and terrible force awakened at the end of Forbidden Power is the one making plans in the video. :) 

You're probably right.

I just really want a death faction that isn't under Nagash's bone thumb, so I'm likely making up off the wall theories. Ahhh, well. I'm still holding out hope for reborn Tomb Kings lead by Khatep. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hankster said:

I just really want a death faction that isn't under Nagash's bone thumb

That will be really hard as Nagash can dominate any undead - "Oh, you're that powerful Vampire Lord that conquered half of Shyish and you're master spellcaster that can kill even a god? Cool. Now do a dance."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hankster said:

You're probably right.

I just really want a death faction that isn't under Nagash's bone thumb, so I'm likely making up off the wall theories. Ahhh, well. I'm still holding out hope for reborn Tomb Kings lead by Khatep. 

Then they wouldn't be a Death faction; the whole thing with Death is that it's Nagash's faction as The Sole God of Death.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, michu said:

That will be really hard as Nagash can dominate any undead - "Oh, you're that powerful Vampire Lord that conquered half of Shyish and you're master spellcaster that can kill even a god? Cool. Now do a dance."

See, that is exactly why I dislike Death as a faction. Eveyone dancing on Nagash's strings is boring. Im hoping for some ancient and powerful force to rebell and  challenge him. But if that's impossible I'll just continue not to play death.

...unless the new models are too awesome to resist. 😉

1 hour ago, Hankster said:

See, that is exactly why I dislike Death as a faction. Eveyone dancing on Nagash's strings is boring. Im hoping for some ancient and powerful force to rebell and  challenge him. But if that's impossible I'll just continue not to play death.

...unless the new models are too awesome to resist. 😉

You know they will be. Whatever new faction they've released, whether it's KO or deepkin or DOK, I've had acute fomo. Everything they've recently built from the bottom up has been crazy good, and I'm selling stuff atm so I can afford a new army. Whether it's new tomb kings or pirate vampires or undead cathay, my body is ready.

3 hours ago, Lord marcus said:

Off the wall theory. 

Settra is a new death god and the speaker is khatep

I really like this theory

like Settra  raised an army and Khatep leads it..maybe his goal is to awake Settra again.. and thats why he carry this stela

Edited by Huanchi

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Then they wouldn't be a Death faction; the whole thing with Death is that it's Nagash's faction as The Sole God of Death.

Flesh Eaters, your case has been disproven Commissar... report to the Inquisitor for re-education. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Lior'Lec said:

Flesh Eaters, your case has been disproven Commissar... report to the Inquisitor for re-education. 

As unfortunate as it is, there is much more lore about ghouls that are actually serve Nagash in latest battletome

9 minutes ago, XReN said:

As unfortunate as it is, there is much more lore about ghouls that are actually serve Nagash in latest battletome

Oh, well guess I’ll be reporting with the commissar lol.

Death = Nagash is just boring lore wise. Even the forces of “order” are fractured and splintered, it part of what makes them interesting. I was looking at building a small death force until I started reading up on some of the lore, other than FEC I find them all boring. 

It should be stated that this new army would not be directly the Tomb Kings from Fantasy, more like the spiritual successor to the Tomb Kings in AoS. Thus, they will be most likely be led by the force that was released during Forbidden Power, and probably will still be thralls to Nagash. As much as a Nagash rival would be interesting, I don't believe Settra will lead the new army or another rival. Also, in the End Times a lot of the Nehekharans allied with Nagash anyway, so even if this new army is directly related to the Tomb Kings, they could really easily still make them servants to Nagash.