The Tithe - Speculation.

Kronos

I think there's a lot of good points here. 
I'm liking Dieter or Krell (or both? ) as the newly released evil. 
Likely in some new and upgraded form. Either Dieter on his Manticore, in a similar style to the existing Mortarchs. Or Krell supersized into a Morghast form. 
They'll lead the Tithe of Bones (bonerattle + construct) army against the Ogors Feast of Bones an attack against the evil they helped Sigmar lock away? 

Seems plausible. Would be a good way to give Ogors a nice story arc that isn't them just killing and eating things. 
Focus it on Ghur as well and tie in the new teased Wanderers somehow (along with Underworlds Season 3). 

Maybe Krell will get his own undead chaos knights (ala varanguard) to replace the old and stupidly expensive blood knight box?

I don't think it's going to be anything as crazy as Cathay or Settra or Tomb Kings.... though the new Ogor Tyrant does have a very Mongolian theme, so maybe that will filter through to any new Ogor models (though I'm not expecting any other than maybe 2-3 for Underworlds?) 

31 minutes ago, Inquisitorsz said:

I think there's a lot of good points here. 
I'm liking Dieter or Krell (or both? ) as the newly released evil. 
Likely in some new and upgraded form. Either Dieter on his Manticore, in a similar style to the existing Mortarchs. Or Krell supersized into a Morghast form. 
They'll lead the Tithe of Bones (bonerattle + construct) army against the Ogors Feast of Bones an attack against the evil they helped Sigmar lock away? 

Seems plausible. Would be a good way to give Ogors a nice story arc that isn't them just killing and eating things. 
Focus it on Ghur as well and tie in the new teased Wanderers somehow (along with Underworlds Season 3). 

Maybe Krell will get his own undead chaos knights (ala varanguard) to replace the old and stupidly expensive blood knight box?

I don't think it's going to be anything as crazy as Cathay or Settra or Tomb Kings.... though the new Ogor Tyrant does have a very Mongolian theme, so maybe that will filter through to any new Ogor models (though I'm not expecting any other than maybe 2-3 for Underworlds?) 

ogres always had a steppe warrior (atillia, the scythian tribes) feel crossed with Mongolia.

9 minutes ago, Lord marcus said:

ogres always had a steppe warrior (atillia, the scythian tribes) feel crossed with Mongolia.

Ogors were all over the place.... They had pirates and ninjas and feral butcher type guys. I dunno if they ever really had a theme. 
I never collected them but just looking at the range, I don't get any sense of theme apart from small groupings like the frostlords/yetis/frost sabers 
Everything else looks more pirate than anything else, for example the gnoblars, the artilerly and leadbelchers all have pirate looking cannons. I guess the regular gutbusters have a few face sculpts with that unique Mongolian facial hair style.... but it's as disjointed as the rest of the range. 

I really which they unified the ogor range a bit more. There's a lot of weird things and just don't fit (like yetis). They just don't look like one tribe. 

Edited by Inquisitorsz

1 hour ago, Inquisitorsz said:

Ogors were all over the place.... They had pirates and ninjas and feral butcher type guys. I dunno if they ever really had a theme. 
I never collected them but just looking at the range, I don't get any sense of theme apart from small groupings like the frostlords/yetis/frost sabers 
Everything else looks more pirate than anything else, for example the gnoblars, the artilerly and leadbelchers all have pirate looking cannons. I guess the regular gutbusters have a few face sculpts with that unique Mongolian facial hair style.... but it's as disjointed as the rest of the range. 

I really which they unified the ogor range a bit more. There's a lot of weird things and just don't fit (like yetis). They just don't look like one tribe. 

Maneater ogres were all over, though they all hailed from the same region which was like a “Mongolia”, the root of their aesthetic/ theme.

10 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Maneater ogres were all over, though they all hailed from the same region which was like a “Mongolia”, the root of their aesthetic/ theme.

Their varied appearance was specifically due to how far travelled each was wasn't it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Saiken said:

What do you guys  refer to when you mention "constructs", I don't quite see what this would be  ?

Also, any idea what this "Soul Feast Prison" could refer to ? I can't find any mention of this in the lore.

The term "construct" refers to artificially created creatures, generally stuff like Golems which are empowered by magic, however it could also be used for anything from Frankenstein 's monster to a robot. It was popularised by D&D where it is a major category in the monster classification scheme, however it wouldn't surprise me if it pops up in classic fantasy, albeit used less perscriptively. In AoS everythin from a morghast to an ushabti is a construct, they were most popular with the tomb kings.

5 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

The term "construct" refers to artificially created creatures, generally stuff like Golems which are empowered by magic, however it could also be used for anything from Frankenstein 's monster to a robot. It was popularised by D&D where it is a major category in the monster classification scheme, however it wouldn't surprise me if it pops up in classic fantasy, albeit used less perscriptively. In AoS everythin from a morghast to an ushabti is a construct, they were most popular with the tomb kings.

Thanks a lot ! That's crystal clear ! 

There are definitely pictures from the rumor engine that look like a Necrosphinx tail. So, construct are very likely ;) 

• LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Saiken said:

Thanks a lot ! That's crystal clear ! 

There are definitely pictures from the rumor engine that look like a Necrosphinx tail. So, construct are very likely ;) 

You are welcome. Yeah, there are quite a few things which really look as though they could fit at aesthetic, and it s a nice niches that AoS doesn't have much for at present.

10 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

I’m unfamiliar with the character, why would Nagash be him? 

Drachenfels is a sort of all powerful spooky spirit who predates the Old Ones landing on the Warhammer World and possesses stuff. Get his CliffsNote on the wiki: https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Constant_Drachenfels

There's a definitive  point in the End Times: Archaon where after the Black Pyramid's blown up and he's at his weakest, Nagash stops acting like Nagash as we know him as (uncompromising, objective, and very very bitter - albeit determined from his kinda limited characterisation from Undead army books), and becomes much more willing to make alliances of convenience and playfully sadistic (the way he hands Mannfred over to the elves).

Being willing to play nice with the living armies in the face of the apocalypse could probably be attributed to wanting to survive, but Nagash continues to do keep this up well into the early Age of Sigmar timeline and the formation of Sigmar's pantheon, and being more entertained by his Mortarchs than seeing them as instruments of his will. Drachenfels had a flare for getting bored of his evil overlord persona and playing nice until he got bored again, being friendly to the Empire for long enough for the entire Imperial court to come over to Castle Drachenfels for dinner, where he subsequently poisoned and tortured them to death.

When the Black Pyramid explodes and Nagash is at this lowest ebb, Drachenfels has apparently just been killed by Luthor Huss, who on despite his inherent coolness is a pretty ordinary warrior priest (with Sigmar's divine powers on the wane at the time due to all the Winds of Magic/Incarnates shenanigans), who'd been possessed by Drachenfels for months, to the point that an inspirational speech from a vampire probably isn't going to make a huge amount of difference. Drachenfels' daemon army had been used as a distraction for the skaven to infiltrate the Black Pyramid, so he knew it was going to be blown up, who's to say he didn't allow Luthor Huss and Vlad to think he'd been "killed" in order to have a shot at possessing the most powerful body available?

It's a pretty silly theory, and I'm pretty sure Nagash sounds off about being from Nehekhara somewhere in Malign Portents, so it's probably redundant by now, but Drachenfels spirit could always have fused with Nagash's, or Nagash could slowly have clawed back a level of control, at least giving an explanation for Nagash's new (and equally awful, just a different kind of awful) personality.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Crossposting from the rumour thread!

Whoa ok, this image from the community site is new.

New bad guy: definitely has a nose.  And a lot of mouths if you want to interpret it that way. Deither Helsnicht had a lot of mouths when we last saw him in the End Times so my money's still on him.

AGUWe2N.jpg

EDIT:  It's been pointed out to me that this is probably the new logo for Beastgrave/Underworlds wave 3. Please ignore everything I say from this point!

Edited by Double Misfire
  • Like 1

Just imagine if GW's been strongly teasing an old WFB character's return, with everybody getting hyped for fan favourites and it turns out to be Dieter freaking Helsnicht, literally a generic necromancer model riding a manticore, who got given a name because everyone got one back then, and the blandest backstory ever, before being forgotten about for 25 years. Masterful ruse if so 🤭

4 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Just imagine if GW's been strongly teasing an old WFB character's return, with everybody getting hyped for fan favourites and it turns out to be Dieter freaking Helsnicht, literally a generic necromancer model riding a manticore, who got given a name because everyone got one back then, and the blandest backstory ever, before being forgotten about for 25 years. Masterful ruse if so 🤭

Just as planned.

12 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

My thoughts exactly. It's like the Total War people, "we'll release a new scenario with fraking VOLKMAR and... Helman who?" Especially when Total Warhammer sells on two points: being a good Total War game, and showing you the armies you've always wanted to see fight in hi-res  virtual glory, led by the people you always have wanted to see leading them. Teclis, Louen, Archaon, Grimgor, Skarsnik, Malekith, Kroq-Gar, and even that guy who's prince AND emperor!

And then they give us Helman fraking Ghorst. I mean :/

Anyway, many people say it could be Settra, but the guy in the video yaps and yaps about his master, and you know there is one thing Settra does not do...

Edited by Cèsar de Quart
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2019 at 10:16 PM, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Nagash has several old pals.

Im hoping this leads to a newly stylized Barrow Kings. 

For those that don’t know, Barrow Kings were a old WD article army that brought Krell and Kemmler back. The list featured skeletons, animated statues, constructs, ghosts, mummy troops and an awesome flying chariot.

The sitar music makes me hope they take more influence from south Asian countries such as India for this.

Very excited for this.

Barrow Kings? Is that why Kemmler got moved to the mountains in Total War Warhammer2?

On 7/21/2019 at 7:27 AM, AthlorianStoners said:

Assuming Pact, Feast and Tithe of Bones are all linked together, I think we can piece some stuff together. 

The Mawtribes entered into a “Pact of Bones” with someone. Recently, that pact was broken. As a result the Mawtribes are engaging in the Feast of Bones while a recently freed individual who presumably serves Nagash is conducting a Tithe of Bones. 

Working of that, id say it’s safe to assume that the Mawtribes entered a pact with Sigmar to trap Nagash’s ally, the recently free Mortarch. Since that Mortarch was freed, the Ogors march to war, rallying together to battle this Death character, who in the meantime is out collecting Bones. 

Going out on a limb, I wonder if the Ogors agreed to shatter their tribes or not marshal together a great force in return for Sigmar getting rid of their Death for. 

is there an explanation between these 3 things somewhere? or we're waiting on that still... I do find it most likely that this fight doesn't involve Sigmar, though I am hoping Ogors don't go back to the weird/vague Mongolian theme. The Tyrant doesn't look like anything historical in particular besides his stache

10 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Drachenfels is a sort of all powerful spooky spirit who predates the Old Ones landing on the Warhammer World

the wiki mentions nothing about him being THAT old, but definitely around since Sigmar's mortal life.

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

the wiki mentions nothing about him being THAT old, but definitely around since Sigmar's mortal life.

Drachenfels, Act Five Ch VII: "Thousands of years of experience, of learning of sensation throbbed like wounds inside his skull. In the time of the rivers of ice, before the toad men came from the stars" :) 

And if that's really where you want to verify your information from, another wiki: https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Constant_Drachenfels

Edited by Double Misfire
  • Thanks 1