The Tithe - Speculation.

Kronos

The thing I dislike about the soldiers was the faces, there was something I didn't find quite right, until someone suggested to view them as mempo masks. I gotta thank whoever did that because you've answered my prayers. I've been trying to create some from molds, green stuff etc and just couldn't find the right bit. 

I used some very poor paint skills to mock up what I'm after and I gotta say, I really like the faces now, what do you reckon?

20190830_102128.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

Just to summ that up. 

Mortarch

Caster

Tombstone guy

Cav (lances or swords) 

Infantry (2handed sword or sword and shield) 

The 4 sword 4 heads guys 

Catapult

I wonder if there gonna be a box similar the hexwraith/black knights box to build two completely doliffrent units, not just weapon options. 

2 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

The thing I dislike about the soldiers was the faces, there was something I didn't find quite right, until someone suggested to view them as mempo masks. I gotta thank whoever did that because you've answered my prayers. I've been trying to create some from molds, green stuff etc and just couldn't find the right bit. 

I used some very poor paint skills to mock up what I'm after and I gotta say, I really like the faces now, what do you reckon?

20190830_102128.jpg

This is nice. Painting them as if their grins are masks seems cool.

3 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

20190830_102128.jpg

That really helps me as well. Hoped for this to be my first death faction. Elite, looks like it would be cool in Skirmish, fun painting project. But those faces are really putting me off. This might solve it! (Although I’m still considering turning them into living undead wearing bone armour, but I’ll have to buy a box and to see if I can make it work)

5 hours ago, Waervyn said:

I wonder what the unannounced models will be. My guess one of them will be some kind of bone giant/construct.  Not sure what else to expect.

Some sort of commander or hero? We have the tombstone-herald guy from the video and we have the Mortisian priest but no conventional military leader besides the mortarch and the officers on his base.

Might not happen of course or could simply be a build option from the Mortek Guard or Kavalos Deathriders.

So... Hench Undead Xerxes isn't the thing that was beneath Lake Lethis in Forbidden Power, is he?

Spoiler

Because that thing has, like, tentacles and shizzle, and it pulls gargants down to their deaths even though they have magic shields and stuff.  As obvious as it is that Katakross has absolutely not been missing a single sesh at the gym, I doubt he could bench press a gaggle of gargants.

Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it.

• Like 1

I think they have the potential to be cool.  If anything, it's nice to see that an army that's kind of "Death's answer to the Stormcast" isn't just spikey Stormcast, as well as the fact that "evil Stormcast" are being done by a Death Faction rather than just being "Chaos Stormcast".

Really, with many of the factions wagin war in AoS getting enhanced soldiers of some kind, this is Nagash's way of entering the arms race and making a non-ethereal army that is not just simple skeletons and zombies- those kinds of things fit right in on the Old World, but seems kinda pedestrian when faced with the battlefields of the Mortal Realms.  But these guys don't.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

So... Hench Undead Xerxes isn't the thing that was beneath Lake Lethis in Forbidden Power, is he?

Reveal hidden contents

Because that thing has, like, tentacles and shizzle, and it pulls gargants down to their deaths even though they have magic shields and stuff.  As obvious as it is that Katakross has absolutely not been missing a single sesh at the gym, I doubt he could bench press a gaggle of gargants.

Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it.

I was hoping no but it seems Nagash distilled all of that and poured it into Prometheus Engineer.

I was hoping for a crazy Lovecraftian vibe but nope.

I like what I see, but currently we saw sword / spear infantry, stronger bigger infantry, heavy cavalry, a catapult and some heroes. As playstyle if feels to limited with almost everything close combat, except the huge catapult.

What would make this army perfect would be somekind of medium range infantry. I want to start a new army, as I want to take a break from playing Blades of Khorne, So i hope this new army is more an allrounder than only very good close combat troops.

Edited by Tonhel

Not to keep on about the heads but have a look at the battletomb cover.

Look at the Mortek at the bottom

The skulls a different. No nose bone. Move fang like teeth. They look amazing. Hasent traslated to the new heads though . . . .

Rest of the models are top notch however. Sure i can find a decent head swap.

7 hours ago, Aegisgrimm said:

I think they have the potential to be cool.  If anything, it's nice to see that an army that's kind of "Death's answer to the Stormcast" isn't just spikey Stormcast, as well as the fact that "evil Stormcast" are being done by a Death Faction rather than just being "Chaos Stormcast".

For this reason alone I'm looking forward to reading all the story bits in the book (and wanting a novel). If you've read the various Nagash novels, especially the Souls Wars one,  you've seen that he's been studying Stormcast for a while to figure out how Sigmar has been stealing and trapping the souls that are rightfully his.  This whole army seems to be a result of his studies. 

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:23 AM, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Secret weapon miniatures do Oni mask bits in 28mm scale. No way of knowing if they fit exactly, but if they do they should give you the look you are going for.

In an unrelated comment does anyone think the priest will be an actual in-game priest with prayers to Nagash? I can't remember GA Death having any but I don't play any current death factions so my knowledge it patchy.

On 8/30/2019 at 7:17 AM, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

A couple of things....

Recasting - Recasting is bad. Don’t do it and we don’t want it discussed on this forum.

Going Off Topic - We Love discussion on this forum but we like it to be on topic. This is the last chance for this topic, especially as there is a Bonereapers topic in the Death part of the forum. I’m not locking just in case there is any more about the “Tithe” like a boxed set or campaign. 

+++ MOD HAT Post 2 +++

Come on folks - Gaz's post was only on the last page and there's still talking about casting and copyrights!  I'm loath to lock the thread, but please can you pull it back on track!

I think a lot of the issues with the line will be fixed by more inspired paint jobs than GW's. I think their stock paint job really highlights the weaknesses of the line, and doesn't show off it's strengths. Hopefully they have an alternative more creative take, where they give some of the more creative team members the kits and say "go wild with this."

As a side note, I'm almost wondering whether the Mortarch doesn't actually have that base on the battlefield. Perhaps those ARE different hero units, and it comes as one giant box that makes a whole command line, similar to the Cauldron of Blood miniature. Forge World has experimented with having swappable battle and diorama bases, could this be a GW model taking that on? 

Edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
  • Like 2

I think Gw's modern painjobs aim to achieve a simple but clean and nice look to models- the kind that break down well in tutorials to get people painting. I think its better than, say, Infinities approach where the paintwork is really outstanding, but also very hard to emulate for the average gamer or beginner.

And yeah it seems that its a twist on the idea of taking damage. Most units get worse as they take damage* whilst this one gets better as it takes more and more damage. That's going to be a twist on how you approach it - do you ignore it and leave it quite safe or do you charge all in to take it out fast. Also can the playing player unlock that power later in the game even if it hasn't taken damage. I can see each "round" one more joining the fight regardless of its taken damage or not. 

*There's an amusing situation where there's the Hirodule for the tyranids which has a ranged and close combat version of the same model type. However as they take damage their stats in tehir primary area lowers. So the ranged one actually winds up better in close combat than the close combat one if they've taken the same amount of damage. An important consideration since few units will make it into combat without having taken some hits. 

On 8/29/2019 at 7:55 PM, KriticalKhan said:

"I don't believe this forum allows such blatant support of straight up theft.

blatant support of straight up theft.

straight up theft.

theft."

tumblr_ouwucdY6We1wt2t5vo2_1280.jpg

Half the people at their FLGS would probably be in handcuffs then 😂.  It would cost 450 USD just to run one unit of 30 Acolytes... If it weren't for kitbashing, customizing, proxying and reproducing your own models for personal use, how many people do you think could afford things like that with their new pricing?

Edited by Zanzou