The Tithe - Speculation.

Kronos

Assuming Pact, Feast and Tithe of Bones are all linked together, I think we can piece some stuff together. 

The Mawtribes entered into a “Pact of Bones” with someone. Recently, that pact was broken. As a result the Mawtribes are engaging in the Feast of Bones while a recently freed individual who presumably serves Nagash is conducting a Tithe of Bones. 

Working of that, id say it’s safe to assume that the Mawtribes entered a pact with Sigmar to trap Nagash’s ally, the recently free Mortarch. Since that Mortarch was freed, the Ogors march to war, rallying together to battle this Death character, who in the meantime is out collecting Bones. 

Going out on a limb, I wonder if the Ogors agreed to shatter their tribes or not marshal together a great force in return for Sigmar getting rid of their Death for. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Mysterious Mr B said:

A lot of people here and in the rumour thread seem sure it is a Death faction. I'm not saying it's not... I just think the people above who have mentioned Ogors might be more along the right lines.
The reveal directly before the 'Tithe' video was the Ogor Tyrant reveal, the video for which mentions a 'Pact of Bones' and a 'Feast of Bones'. There's no reason the 'Tithe of Bones' isn't related to that, especially considering the accent in both videos - linking them thematically.
If that's the case, could the 'master' mentioned simply be the Great Maw or another Ogor deity? 

Regarding the homeland, it is the one who was locked up who has returned to their homeland, but their 'master' could have been from the World that Was. 

In the Description of Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws in Malign Sorcery, Ravenak is purported to be a God-beast, given the name the mighty Fangmaw by Gutbusters.  It was mentioned in ancient texts as having a voracious and endless appetite.  Long ago Sigmar sealed it under a mountain. This endless spell originates from Ghur and bones are, as the core book says, "a common sight in the Realm of Beasts".  This Realm has a large Gutbuster presence and controlled largely by Gorkamorka.  ( coincidentally, it's also where the next Underworlds is set).

You may be onto something.

Edited by Aelfric
grammer
  • Like 3

The music is clearly Egyptian sounding. Necropolis was a term often referred to in the tomb Kings books. The voice is probably Krell. My summation is that it will be a deathrattle book incorporating the newer tomb king models. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scythian said:

The music is clearly Egyptian sounding. Necropolis was a term often referred to in the tomb Kings books. The voice is probably Krell. My summation is that it will be a deathrattle book incorporating the newer tomb king models. 

The music sounded more Chinese Mongolian than Arabic. lol

• Like 2

I'm leaning towards Setra, the overall feel suggests Arabic / Egyptian influences, and the tombs stacked up appear to be a general pyramid shape, plus the heavy bone influence.

I don't think it'll be the Tomb Kings per se, I think it'll be more about Undead constructs and animated statues. Things like the Necrosphynx, the Bone Giant, the bone Chariots and the Screaming Skull catapult are all fairly unique concepts.

What we likely won't see are mummys, priests or quite so much of an Egyptian feel

I also think the Ogor is going into a boxed set release with this faction. We'll see a Shyishan Destruction faction that way.

Edited by Lucio

Its surprising just how many cultural cues people are reading into that music. Everyone seems to be seeing something different in it and drawing different conclusions as a result. I think it might be that the style shifts a bit from one end of the piece to another. The start has an almost Japanese feel to me, but by the end there is quite a celtic lilt to it all. What I'm not hearing much of is egyptian style music, and while i'd love it to be Tomb Kings, I don't quite see that happening!

Drachenfels ain't calling anyone master, least of all Nagash, so rule him out (there's even a solid argument that he is AoS Nagash)

If it's gotta be a WFB character, he's nobody's favourite, but has anyone thrown Deither Helsnicht's hat in the ring yet? The thing Sigmar sealed in the vault was a horrible unkillable tentacled monster, saturated in death magic, and that's pretty much what Helsnicht was when he was installed as guardian of the underworld the end of End Times: Nagash, and he hasn't been seen since. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Drachenfels ain't calling anyone master, least of all Nagash, so rule him out (there's even a solid argument that he is AoS Nagash)

If it's gotta be a WFB character, he's nobody's favourite, but has anyone thrown Deither Helsnicht's hat in the ring yet? The thing Sigmar sealed in the vault was a horrible unkillable tentacled monster, saturated in death magic, and that's pretty much what Helsnicht was when he was installed as guardian of the underworld the end of End Times: Nagash, and he hasn't been seen since. 🤷‍♂️

damn you may have something with Dieter.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

I’m unfamiliar with the character, why would Nagash be him? 

10 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Assuming Pact, Feast and Tithe of Bones are all linked together, I think we can piece some stuff together. 

The Mawtribes entered into a “Pact of Bones” with someone. Recently, that pact was broken. As a result the Mawtribes are engaging in the Feast of Bones while a recently freed individual who presumably serves Nagash is conducting a Tithe of Bones. 

Working of that, id say it’s safe to assume that the Mawtribes entered a pact with Sigmar to trap Nagash’s ally, the recently free Mortarch. Since that Mortarch was freed, the Ogors march to war, rallying together to battle this Death character, who in the meantime is out collecting Bones. 

Going out on a limb, I wonder if the Ogors agreed to shatter their tribes or not marshal together a great force in return for Sigmar getting rid of their Death for. 

I have a different opinion on what's happening. Mostly because I think not everything has to be about Sigmar.

The voice mentioned that Nagash has been gathering an army, which I presume is Deathrattle. This leads me to believe that the Gutbusters had a Pact of Bones with Nagash, where they would eat the meat of their victims but not the bones which were given to Nagash to be turned into Deathrattle.

Nagash violates the pact somehow and the Gutstuffers want the Tithe of Bones they have been paying back, starting the titled Feast of Bones where they invade the Deathrattle army that Nagash has been building with their bones.

It might also be the start of the reason why Destruction Armies can't ally with Death armies in multiplayer games(like how Order can never ally with Chaos).

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Saiken said:

What do you guys  refer to when you mention "constructs", I don't quite see what this would be  ?

Also, any idea what this "Soul Feast Prison" could refer to ? I can't find any mention of this in the lore.

Have you ever seen the tomb kings of yore? What wonders must await newer gamers. :)

in this case, probably assume golems and statuary made of bones, similar to the morghast.

@Double Misfire That is indeed a very strong contender, I was not aware of his story in the End Times, would make sense as he absorbed much of the Nehekaran Underworld, became its guardian and had previously led an army of undead with Krell.

https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dieter_Helsnicht

“With the return of Nagash during the End Times, Helsnicht was made one of the Mortarchs and accompanied Nagash's armies into Nehekhara. Joining the central force led by Krell, Helsnicht's necromantic power, paired with the tactical brilliance and sheer brutality of the wight king proved to be nigh unstoppable. Flying atop a bat winged horror (almost certainly the reanimated remains of his manticore) Helsnicht was instrumental in the running battles between Krell's forces and those of King Pharr of Numas. He bolstered Krell's forces by creating several morghasts, but also revealed an unpleasant new quirk in his madness- he had taken to devouring the brains of lesser necromancers!

When the united armies of Nagash met those of Settra at the gates of Khemri Nagash's true plan for Helsnicht was revealed. Nagash entered the Nehekharan underworld with Helsnicht and had him cast a great ritual while he battled Usirian, god of that dark place. Boosted by the knowledge and power of his master Helsnicht's ritual bound the entirety of the spirit realm to himself which then sent to overwhelm the faceless-god. Crippled and beaten, Usirian was then consumed by Nagash who finally was restored to his full strength. Nagash finally and truly became a god; a god of undeath. 

Helsnicht would remain in the Nehekharan underworld, becoming its new guardian for his master, Nagash.”

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Ashendant said:

I have a different opinion on what's happening. Mostly because I think not everything has to be about Sigmar.

The voice mentioned that Nagash has been gathering an army, which I presume is Deathrattle. This leads me to believe that the Gutbusters had a Pact of Bones with Nagash, where they would eat the meat of their victims but not the bones which were given to Nagash to be turned into Deathrattle.

Nagash violates the pact somehow and the Gutstuffers want the Tithe of Bones they have been paying back, starting the titled Feast of Bones where they invade the Deathrattle army that Nagash has been building with their bones.

It might also be the start of the reason why Destruction Armies can't ally with Death armies in multiplayer games(like how Order can never ally with Chaos).

I like and agree with all of this. Also I forgot about Dieter's last form in the End Times. Real solid possibility there.

56 minutes ago, Ashendant said:

Awesome take, hadn’t even considered that. Sounds much better than my idea really haha. 

Music = oriental

Voiceover = Jamaican

Buildings = Indian/middle eastern (pillars and domes)

Im betting this is new fluff. Cathay or something. I cant see any old Krell/Settra/TK/ etc in this. its all new to me. Having said that, definite deathrattle vibe. GW wanted proprietary stuff and this is it.

Infact, isnt the skeleton/LoN units the last units in the game since launch that dont have their own book (LoN was a stop-gap) given we have cities and orruk.

Edited by soots