A few days ago I went to the 1 day event Alliance in derby run by the infamous ben curry + ben Johnson. The event was 3 games using the generals handbook scenarios blood and glory (I still believe curry named this one) border war and gift from the heavens which ill talk about later, so with regard to tournaments I've only been to the SCGT earlier in the year so I still not sure what to expect, having played stormcast for the last year I decided to take them my list was ...IMG_2064 (2).JPG

not the most optimized but I had it all painted, the idea was throw the retributors somewhere they need to go then use the skybourne slayers to capture objectives. Simple.

So the first game was against khorne daemons... skarbrand, blood letters, bloodthirster with big axe and the run and charge bloodthirster. We played blood and glory which I ended up with a minor win; I found that this game was really about give and take. What I mean is trying to hold onto your objectives while taking your opponents made this game very interesting however I had an idea that if I didn't over stretch my forces and only held 2 objectives that I could win by killing the bloodthirsters and that's  what happened.IMG_2078.JPG

Game 2 was against allarielle who I have mixed feeling about, this was the border war scenario against stormcast and obviously allarielle. This was another great scenario I have a hunch that fast moving armies might do well in this scenario as its all about getting the objectives where your opponent has left venerable, allarielle literally went on a killing spree, killing a unit a turn with damage 5 attacks she constantly got 20 wounds through no problems; but once again I really liked the scenario.

IMG_2117.JPG

Game 3 saw a gift from the heavens... anyways my opponent in this game was using dark alves with a big block of witch elves and executioners both very scary, I played this scenario the day before at Warhammer world and found that I deployed rather centrally to give my self flexibility when the comet came down also I gave my opponent the imitative in turn 2 as I wanted to see where his came down. Again I thought the scenario favoured mobile armies or a better idea is some mobile units like marauder horsemen which also fill the battle line tax. In the end it was a major victory because I brought down the sky bourne  slayers and contested  his objective also the decimators killed 20 witch elves in a turn hehe, I tried so hard to hide my joy ;)

IMG_2133.JPG

IMG_2134.JPG

Overall for my first ever 1 day event it was awesome both bens were easy to talk to and really knew what they were doing, plus all the free snacks was awesome I totally cheated on my diet, this was my first real trial of the generals handbook and I loved it the scenarios really encourage well thought out armies relying on fast moving units but at the same time you need bodies on the table. I will defiantly be trying something interesting for Warlords in September. And a big thanks to all my opponents.

Hah, I thought I had snuck the win against you in turn 5 game 1. Those chaos hounds really move. Should have known by now not to rely on the Daemon Prince though. Well deserved victory. 

You'll be pleased to know the Alarielle player has sworn off her, something about replacing her with Celestial Hurricanums and Kurnouth Hunters...

Archived