AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

Actually i very like the mix of Ironjawz and bonesplitterz aesthetically speaking.. i always seen the ironjawz as a mix of black orc and savage ones!

In fact i always planned my army to be this sort of mix (had one savage box untouched, maybe its time to build them :D) but never done  it seriously cause the mix didnt worked well in gaming... hopefully now will be much more convenient!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 hours ago, Malakree said:

Given that there are 3 different allegiance options I think it will be good for anyone who has one but wants to start building into the other.  Additionally savage orruks would be a very welcome alternative to ardboys and the wurrgog prophet is still a good caster. 

Honestly I can only see this as a good thing as both provide the other with something they are lacking.

This is true from a rules and gameplay standpoint. But not so much aesthetic and lore. The two factions are so radically different its just going to look goofy on the table top. Im all for combo books and stuff and i like Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz aesthetics separately but together? Thats like haveing a tabletop of nothing but Squigs and Thundertusks. Rules wise though it should be amazing and nuts 

• Like 2

My initial impression is one of disappointment although no one knows full details just yet. Time will tell. Maybe even a few models that are yet to be announced...

Even though I'm not a fan of Bonesplittaz I just feel both of those factions have potential for their own expansion. Again, not much is known. 

Im hoping the inevitable terrain / endless spells are something different. Maybe some waaagh banners and something more like summonable beasts or warmachines. Again time shall tell. 

🍻 to another 3-5 years for new models and units. 

Hoping for some kind of lore shake up. Something like Gordrakk finds the crown of Azhag in a stormvault and becomes a wizard as well as the ultimate green badass. 

5 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Same I actually started with a few Brutes and a Megaboss.

and well always wanted to get myself those two greenskinz start collecting, which are still available in my local store😂.

well technically they aren’t a part of the book, but could be good replacement for the naked Orruks of the savage Bonesplittaz tribes.

I have a tiny amount of irrational hope that Greenskinz will be part of The Great Waaagh!, but I realize that is pretty unlikely.

• Like 1

Even if BS and IJ are very different, they still answer the Waaagh and Gork/Mork. I dont think it is unreasonable that both would rally under Gordrakks banner/answer his call in the name of Gork/Mork.

Etc etc. Gw can pretty much do whatever they want and write some lore to support it.

I personally dont think IJ warscrolls will change massively, unless they decide to go away from the Waaagh spam. 

• Like 1

I am happy with this. I do this anyway with my Orruks and built a mixed Orruk army from the beginning to have all three factions represented (Greenskins RIP). Only thing that annoys me is that I painted the Greenskins chariot recently... 

I have 30 normal boys that will sub in as arrer boyz for the BS, so thats all good, just a bit of warpaint and all is well. It will also come down to how the Great WAAGH works and the points cost. IJ and BS are both expensive armies points wise, so that will be an interesting challenge. I think it will be fun and interesting.

• LOVE IT! 1

For all those that think "IJ and BS working together is a retcon". Yes, IJ thinks they are better and look at other Orruks with disdain (especially those mad savages) but Gordrakk is trying to recreate "The Great Waaagh!" and all Destruction factions were involved, even Ogors. And Mortal Realms are big - some Megabosses allows Bonesplitterz in their ranks and some not. and if Savage Boss defeats the old Megaboss, you think rest of IJ would object? No, 'e won, e'z da boss now.

• Like 4

It looks like the time is coming to re-base all (well, some) of my old metal Greenskins to be Savage Orruks.  It'll certainly be a lot cheaper.  Probably start with 30 Arrerboyz as ranged support for my Ironjawz.  

Now I have to decide if I can afford both this tome and the Cities of Sigmar one, or will have to choose which comes first.  

There was a fluff piece in the old Bonesplitterz tome about IJ's going full waaaagh!-crazy After the Bonesplitterz join the fight, due to the rampant waagh energies these crazed maniacs exude. Basically the IJ's go from fighting tactically in tight ranks to wild abandon. I can totally see this in the mixed alliegance. 

Personally the book is great for me. I have bonesplitterz and my wife recently started collecting Ironjawz

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Malakree said:

Also, who's up for speculating about warscroll changes. I'll start.

All IJ get +1 wound because we're tougher an arder dan dem humies an stunties. 

Ggs spears getting +1 rend and damage on the charge.

Brutes getting extra rend.

Mawkrusha fists now do 6 damage instead of 3.

Weirdnob gets 2 casts.

If that is true I'll be an happy boy. 😇

18 hours ago, Malakree said:

Weirdnob gets 2 casts.

If that is true I'll be an happy boy. 😇

21 hours ago, Malakree said:

Weirdnob gets 2 casts.

I doubt there will be that many changes for IJ statwise. It will really depends on if they want to move away from Waaagh-bomb.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kasper said:

I doubt there will be that many changes for IJ statwise. It will really depends on if they want to move away from Waaagh-bomb.

I doubt there won't be a ton of changes. Our warscrolls are desperately outdated and really suffer for it.

You only have to look at all the other recent book updates to see they have had a huge increase in not only stats but ability user friendliness. 

Brutes are supposed to be, both in the lore and in early editions, one of the most dangerous, highest damage and toughest melee infantry. With both good wounds, a solid save and great damage which they traded off by being both expensive and probably the slowest army in the game. In reality brutes are now incredibly fragile, low damage output and just generally overcosted.

This largely sums up the entire set of ironjawz warscrolls currently. Fragile, low damage, slow and overcosted.

The only reason ironjawz is worth anything is because aetherquartz broach exists. Remove it and we drop at least a tier.

• Like 2

I really like the combination of the two armies. Bonesplitterz (g, everybody pronounces them otherwise nowadays) were lacking attention since GHB19 and even before that. While Ironjaws had the "new and improved Monster hunting" which generally works for anything with >=4 W characteristic, Bonesplitterz really had to have MONSTERS on the battlefield and lost tons of extra rules in case your opponent didn't. Hopfully the new "battletome" will bring a bit more quality of life to the bonesplitterz (do you remember those annoying roles for toof shivs and choppas, because morboys can't have two choppas like everybody else?)

Flavourful Endless spells for Orcs will hopefully bring some old Orc flavour back. Maybe we will even see some Doom Diver Catapults and a Blackorc Waaghboss at the side of savage orcs just like the good old times?

I would also suspect if you want to use the Subfactions, you have to go full Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz? 

So

Ironjaw Allegiance

• Bloodtoofs
  • Ironsunz

Bonsplitterz Allegiance

• Bonegrinz
  • Drakkfoot
  • Icebone

Seems like plenty of choice if you want to go full IJ or BS without touching the other.

I'm just curious how your supposed to fit bonesplitterz into an Ironjaw army points wise. I feel the basic core of any iron jaws army is.....

Mawkrusha-420pts

Weirdknob-120pts

2x Warchanters-160pts

5x brutes-170pts

5x brutes-170pts

3x gruntas-140pts

3x gruntas-140pts

20x ardboys-280pts

Ironfist-160pts

Bloodtoofs-80pts

Total pts-1840pts

That only leave 160pts worth of room. Everything in bonesplitterz is around 140pts. So a single unit?

7 hours ago, Malakree said:

I doubt there won't be a ton of changes. Our warscrolls are desperately outdated and really suffer for it.

You only have to look at all the other recent book updates to see they have had a huge increase in not only stats but ability user friendliness. 

Brutes are supposed to be, both in the lore and in early editions, one of the most dangerous, highest damage and toughest melee infantry. With both good wounds, a solid save and great damage which they traded off by being both expensive and probably the slowest army in the game. In reality brutes are now incredibly fragile, low damage output and just generally overcosted.

This largely sums up the entire set of ironjawz warscrolls currently. Fragile, low damage, slow and overcosted.

The only reason ironjawz is worth anything is because aetherquartz broach exists. Remove it and we drop at least a tier.

But since GHB19 IJ has already gotten a couple of decent placements. If you massively buff all the units without touching the Waaagh spam, itd be bonkers. Not all the lists take the Brooch.

Not all armies got rerollable saves or a ward save. Having multiple wounds and 4+ isnt bad compared to many armies.

52 minutes ago, Kasper said:

But since GHB19 IJ has already gotten a couple of decent placements. If you massively buff all the units without touching the Waaagh spam, itd be bonkers. Not all the lists take the Brooch.

Not all armies got rerollable saves or a ward save. Having multiple wounds and 4+ isnt bad compared to many armies.

Ok so, exclude all the cities of sigmar units as we know they are also getting a warscroll update. What other army that isn't garbage has profiles as bad for the points that we do?

The WAAAGH! stacking is almost definitely going to go. Not least because it's not fun to play with/against.

14 hours ago, Mikeymajq said:

There was a fluff piece in the old Bonesplitterz tome about IJ's going full waaaagh!-crazy After the Bonesplitterz join the fight, due to the rampant waagh energies these crazed maniacs exude. Basically the IJ's go from fighting tactically in tight ranks to wild abandon. I can totally see this in the mixed alliegance. 

Personally the book is great for me. I have bonesplitterz and my wife recently started collecting Ironjawz

Yeah agreed, it's not really a retcon, I remember that story. 

Ironjawz were getting bogged down and worn out by Nurgle in a battle in a swamp, and the Bonesplitterz came roaring in with fresh energy, turned the tide of the battle and saved them.

They absolutely would, and do, fight side by side.

• Like 1