AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

So October's release is the Ossiarch, November is the sisters of battle. Given that ogors are the Ossiarch mirror faction that means we'll have ogors sometime late oct/early Nov with the dual box set.

End result is that the Free Clans duo is coming out in September. This month sees the rebirth of the WAAAGH! let's hope they didn't ****** it up.

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 4

Q&A mentioned no new terrain or endless spells. It sounds like a bare minimum effort release with just a book and nothing else.

My expectations are extremely low at this point, as both Orruk factions really need some new models to fill roles in their lineup, just mixing more guys on foot with more guys on boars does not really add much. 

5 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Q&A mentioned no new terrain or endless spells. It sounds like a bare minimum effort release with just a book and nothing else.

My expectations are extremely low at this point, as both Orruk factions really need some new models to fill roles in their lineup, just mixing more guys on foot with more guys on boars does not really add much. 

Yeah :( I'm withholding judgement but It hurts a little bit. I was desperately hoping for a Foot of Gork endless spell.

• Like 1

This was also a chance to bring in Gork or possibly Mork more in the narrative, destruction as a whole is not really involved in the whole soul wars, and order has Sigmar, Death has Nagash, and Chaos obviously all their gods playing the game against each other, while destruction is just sort of there and does not really have a place in the greater narrative. It is a bit disheartening, but hopefully destruction gets some better fluff after the soul wars...

29 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

This was also a chance to bring in Gork or possibly Mork more in the narrative, destruction as a whole is not really involved in the whole soul wars, and order has Sigmar, Death has Nagash, and Chaos obviously all their gods playing the game against each other, while destruction is just sort of there and does not really have a place in the greater narrative. It is a bit disheartening, but hopefully destruction gets some better fluff after the soul wars...

I think the destruction entry into the soul wars will be the mawtribes to do with the breaking of the pact of bones.

I expect free cities/orruk warclans will be more around the stormvaults and Gorkamorka generally trying to pillage them. Given that most of them are based under cities I can see that the Warclans will be tearing the cities down.

8 hours ago, Oreaper84 said:

i am the saddest panda for no Orruk news. I assumed we'd get a terrain piece preview at least. Still the slightest glimmer of hope but i'm mostly back to reality now.

Odds are it goes to announcement this weekend. I think they said we wouldn't be getting terrain in the traditional sense. 

For Free cities I would guess that means they get some sort of bonuses while occupying terrain?

For warclans us having terrain doesn't really make sense I guess? So perhaps we get something like the old bannerboss. Some sort of thing that we carry around the battlefield rather than terrain.

Don't forget that gone are the days where GW would give us news and then leave us with nothing for months. Right now they've so many news outlets that I think that its ahrd for them to pick what goes where! No news at the Nova isn't a totally bad thing, it just likely means they've saved the news for another event; plus with a rough set of dates of Death in October and Sisters in November the chances are Orruks and cities will be pretty darn close. 

Edited by Overread

10 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

According to WHW (Vince was at NOVA), the release is so imminent that there was no point in teasing it....

That would mean previews this Sunday with a pre-order release next Saturday if its that close! If not that close then bump all that by one week or so. 

• Like 1

Rumor has it they will be repurposing old terrain. Free cities are getting the old watchtower model. No idea what we would get. They could repurpose the rogue Idol I guess, though that’s a forgeworld piece. Or we’ll end up with the watchtower as well, and the dual book release will have us fighting over it.

I will certainly be a bit disappointed if all we get is a combo book with bonesplitters. I figured they would at least toss us some spells and a totem/flag for terrain. 

5 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Personal Guess, Warclans this weekend and Mawtribes Release first week of Oct.

There hasn't been any previews or noticed about upcoming preorders so Im not so sure about that. There is normally rules previews and a bit of advertising about upcoming preorders.

40 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

There hasn't been any previews or noticed about upcoming preorders so Im not so sure about that. There is normally rules previews and a bit of advertising about upcoming preorders.

Sorry for the confusing language, to clarify
"Annoucement" - Generally what I'm referring to if I don't specify otherwise. It's the "On pre-order next week" post.
"Preorder" - Weekend it actually goes on pre-order
"Release" - The day it's actually released and available to purchase in shops.

Hence what I meant was. Warclans will be announced and Mawtribes will be available to buy on the first weekend of october.

• LOVE IT! 1

There was a sentence at the end of the New Ossiarch Bonereapper preview today: " Can’t wait for more goodness from the Mortal Realms? Don’t fret – before these guys arrive, both Order and Destruction aficionados will have a chance to bolster their defences with new battletomes coming in the next few weeks." 

• LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Malakree said:

It's literally driving me nuts...

Its funny thinking about it.

the first few announces that came out,  in the past few months was the space marine codex with new models, then came the announcement of new age of sigmar death space marines, and now it is basically the next supplement of space marines😂.

Gw surely loves their space marines

47 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Its funny thinking about it.

the first few announces that came out,  in the past few months was the space marine codex with new models, then came the announcement of new age of sigmar death space marines, and now it is basically the next supplement of space marines😂.

Gw surely loves their space marines

Snooze marines are apparently the vast majority of their sales. Mostly to the more casual players.

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

Snooze marines are apparently the vast majority of their sales. Mostly to the more casual players.

They probably for-see some dark future, if they are basically already preparing themselves with their obnoxious space marines.

lets just hope that Orruks and cos won’t be a part of that future insight.