AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

25 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Could be an Idoneth-style rising tide of Waaagh where you get one turn to go bananas. 

Hopefully more like Khorne/Nurgle style where you activate it with collected resources instead of a predetermined turn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tom_gore said:

Sadly it seems we'll have to wait at least another week for the new battletome preorder. Next weekend it's Necromunda and Warcry only.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/28/coming-soon-warbands-enforcers-and-more/

My guess is that we have to wait till October due to Orctober.

Even the new Ogor tome/box might be sooner I think

You're assuming its "Orrukober" and not "Ogotober" ;)

The Ogor Box/tome won't come before the Orruk book and GW has never said that ork releases can only come in October, that was just a thing last year with Orks in 40K and honestly GW sort of only just made it into that window ;)

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 11:40 AM, Overread said:

You're assuming its "Orrukober" and not "Ogotober" ;)

The Ogor Box/tome won't come before the Orruk book and GW has never said that ork releases can only come in October, that was just a thing last year with Orks in 40K and honestly GW sort of only just made it into that window ;)

Octogor surely 😆

On 7/29/2019 at 12:36 PM, Someone2 said:

My guess is that we have to wait till October due to Orctober.

Even the new Ogor tome/box might be sooner I think

if anything, I seem to remember that means the release is in November with only the announcement in orctober. 

Edited by Kramer

So, from an academic standpoint, has anyone started playing with army lists yet? I have been mucking around with some options and they seem to be expensive; BUT, there are an awful lot of wounds to chew through...

Maw-Krusha Megaboss

Wurrgog Prophet

30 x Ard Boyz

30 x Savage Boyz

30 x Arrer Boys

This lot is 1700 straight up; however, there are 180 wounds worth of troops, which seems like a lot. Add the Savage Boss for the extra shooting attack and perhaps the Warchanter, leaves 100 points spare for endless spells or terrain or whatever may come down the line. Pure speculation at its best as we know nothing about how the two will interact, but it is fun. Swap Ard Boyz for Brutes perhaps. 15 Brutes instead brings you in at 1990.

@Overread beat me to it.

Imagine they leave the Waaagh! as it is but make it affect bonesplitterz aswell. Suddenly all the 2 weapon Bonesplitterz become gross, imagine Boarboy Maniaks with +5 attacks.

The unit is now stacking +10 attacks per model from the waaagh due to it's 2 weapons, that's 50 attacks on a 140 point unit. They then get to pile in a second time at the end of the combat phase.

So for 140 points you are getting 140 attacks (including their base 4), literally a point per attack. Now scale that up to a 2k army.

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (120)
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (420)
- Boss Gore-hacka and Scrap-tooth

Battleline

Units
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)

Total: 1940 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 170

For 5 Waaagh, entirely doable, you are looking at a potential of 1,400 attacks per combat phase from the boars.

26 minutes ago, Malakree said:

@Overread beat me to it.

Imagine they leave the Waaagh! as it is but make it affect bonesplitterz aswell. Suddenly all the 2 weapon Bonesplitterz become gross, imagine Boarboy Maniaks with +5 attacks.

The unit is now stacking +10 attacks per model from the waaagh due to it's 2 weapons, that's 50 attacks on a 140 point unit. They then get to pile in a second time at the end of the combat phase.

So for 140 points you are getting 140 attacks (including their base 4), literally a point per attack. Now scale that up to a 2k army.

For 5 Waaagh, entirely doable, you are looking at a potential of 1,400 attacks per combat phase from the boars.

Where did you think of getting those 5 CPs though? On turn 5 you probably won't have too many models left on the table and/or have lost the objective game long ago.

Personally, I'm 99% certain stacking Waaagh will go away in the new tome.

21 minutes ago, tom_gore said:

Personally, I'm 99% certain stacking Waaagh will go away in the new tome.

I damn well hope so, at least in it's current form.

22 minutes ago, tom_gore said:

Where did you think of getting those 5 CPs though? On turn 5 you probably won't have too many models left on the table and/or have lost the objective game long ago.

Aetherquartz broach is a thing that exists.

I've had 13 waaagh! Stacks running turn 2 before and I can guarantee you I didn't start the turn with half of those.

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

I damn well hope so, at least in it's current form.

Aetherquartz broach is a thing that exists.

I've had 13 waaagh! Stacks running turn 2 before and I can guarantee you I didn't start the turn with half of those.

Yeah. It's pretty unreliable though, and usually combined into lists that have battalions and/or extra CP to start with a higher amount and thus having a better chance of proccing the AB too. Your list had neither, so that's why I was a bit skeptical about being able to do a 5 Waaagh bomb. Sure, you might pull it off on turn 1 with enough luck on the dice, but... :)

3 hours ago, tom_gore said:

Yeah. It's pretty unreliable though, and usually combined into lists that have battalions and/or extra CP to start with a higher amount and thus having a better chance of proccing the AB too. Your list had neither, so that's why I was a bit skeptical about being able to do a 5 Waaagh bomb. Sure, you might pull it off on turn 1 with enough luck on the dice, but... :)

My point was not to make a reliable list but to point out how futile it is to start list writing or theory crafting lists before we have any idea what the new warscrolls etc. actually are.

They could change it so that Bonesplitterz warscrolls are absolute and Ironjawz makes the Warp lightning vortex look underpowered in which case theory crafting including BS would be meaningless.

• Subscriber

I've got a mostly finished Ironjawwz army and when I saw the preview for this combined book, I went out and bought a box of Savage boys. I'm just after some advice on the best way to assemble them. 

I was thinking the Arrowboys won't add too much with just one unit, so was leaning towards boys or morboys, but am open to suggestions. The big stabbas look like such a cool idea, but then i'd only have 16 boys for the unit? Would I be better keeping it a full unit of 20?

4 hours ago, SunStorm said:

I've got a mostly finished Ironjawwz army and when I saw the preview for this combined book, I went out and bought a box of Savage boys. I'm just after some advice on the best way to assemble them. 

I was thinking the Arrowboys won't add too much with just one unit, so was leaning towards boys or morboys, but am open to suggestions. The big stabbas look like such a cool idea, but then i'd only have 16 boys for the unit? Would I be better keeping it a full unit of 20?

Actually one of the biggest things ironjawz have always suffered from is a lack of reach. If there's a wall of 20 clan rats with a bunch of stormfiends behind we're forced to just suck it up. Equally a relatively weak buff hero can just sit 6" behind knowing there is absolutely no threat to it.

In that regard arrowboys really fill a role that ironjawz just can't. Savage orruks/moarboyz are to some extent a variation on ardboys. So don't discount the arrowboys until we actually see the book. Having someway to clean off chaff before the charge phase makes ironjawz WAY more terrifying. That monster back there you're trying to hide? Well those clanrats are going to die before I charge and this unit of brutes is going straight for it....have fun!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Malakree said:

Actually one of the biggest things ironjawz have always suffered from is a lack of reach. If there's a wall of 20 clan rats with a bunch of stormfiends behind we're forced to just suck it up. Equally a relatively weak buff hero can just sit 6" behind knowing there is absolutely no threat to it.

In that regard arrowboys really fill a role that ironjawz just can't. Savage orruks/moarboyz are to some extent a variation on ardboys. So don't discount the arrowboys until we actually see the book. Having someway to clean off chaff before the charge phase makes ironjawz WAY more terrifying. That monster back there you're trying to hide? Well those clanrats are going to die before I charge and this unit of brutes is going straight for it....have fun!

Their only weakness is that 5+ to hit. Means they won't be sniping off any heroes without some buffing. We'll see what options they have for buffs in the new book. Personally I hope they will lose the Loadsa arrows rule and either become cheaper or more effective without the need to field a mob of 30 models.

• Like 1