AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

On 9/16/2019 at 7:08 PM, Gothmaug said:

I’ll be the eternal optimist. Perhaps GW spent all their endless spell/terrain design budget on a whole slew of new Orruk models, and are delaying the book release to give us a truly epic Orruk-tober! 

Tbh I think it is better to be realistic at this point. The radio silence is a pretty clear indicator imo that nothing new will come, and I would honestly be very surprised if we get a single new model - I am not even sure what this would be, a megaboss on a pig? In which case the megaboss on foot is dead pretty much.

All I'm expecting is a band-aid fix to bring the Orruks up-to-date with the recent battletomes and maybe a rewrite of Gordrakk to have him match some of the other quite powerful characters. With the stuff we got from the GHB19 I think it is also very unlikely we will get any real rule rewrites. They probably just copypasted their ideas for the new tome into the GHB19.

I would rather not expect too much and be happily surprised, than have insane hype and be gutted. :P

Edited by Kasper
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kasper said:

All I'm expecting is a band-aid fix to bring the Orruks up-to-date with the recent battletomes and maybe a rewrite of Gordrakk to have him match some of the other quite powerful characters. With the stuff we got from the GHB19 I think it is also very unlikely we will get any real rule rewrites. They probably just copypasted their ideas for the new tome into the GHB19

I mean it depends, thinking back, when the skaven battletome dropped, we got a lot of chances in the skryre allegiance.

So I guess it could go either way.

its possible that the allegiance ability is basically the same, but it isn’t unrealistic for Gw to change them in any way either.

there could have been a few things that were maybe to powerful or weak before the book will drop. Or the allegiance ability have to change in total, to fit the newish ruled warscroll for each unit.

1 hour ago, Batch said:

Sauce

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/07/a-bone-to-pickgw-homepage-post-2/

"You’ll be able to order the first of the Ossiarch Bonereapers from October – Nagash waited for an aeon to unleash his creations, but you only have to wait a couple of months. Can’t wait for more goodness from the Mortal Realms? Don’t fret – before these guys arrive, both Order and Destruction aficionados will have a chance to bolster their defences with new battletomes coming in the next few weeks."

😄

It’s also not in English, all I can make out is some of the attack profile numbers, which looks like the standard bosschoppa profile with 2 additional tracks for a total of 8. Appears boss chops and rip tooth fist are a single attack profile now. Have to get someone here who can translate the text and figure out the new card. 

4 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

It’s also not in English, all I can make out is some of the attack profile numbers, which looks like the standard bosschoppa profile with 2 additional tracks for a total of 8. Appears boss chops and rip tooth fist are a single attack profile now. Have to get someone here who can translate the text and figure out the new card. 

Its german. As far as I can tell the strength from victory ability stayed the same. Im still deciphering the other abilities. If you can tell me the words I can translate them easily.

So if I got the words right (not all that easy Im on my phone and computer) the command ability lets you add 1 to the hit rolls of a friendly ironjawz unit within a certain range (2 ranges one for normal hereo and the other one for a hero with this ability that is a monster). Doesnt stack.

I dont know if this is 100% correct as the pictures are very blurry.

• Like 1

really disappointed though that their is no terrain or endless spells considering that usually the minimum requirement for most full releases.

I was never a fan of them merging and I do hope a separate battletomes come out for Ironjawz at least (hopefully they give destruction their turn in during AoS 3.0) GW could do well if they added more Orruk models in the game since squatting the regular Greenskins.

• Like 1

They state quite clearly that Ironjawz got their own rules, BS got their own rules and then a 3rd options to combine them, why would they release an Ironjawz book then? Not going to happen. Hope they have something interesting up their sleeve to "compensate" for nothing new, Ironjawz being such a narrow but new model line seems like a huge miss to not expand on.