Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Malakithe

AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Incredebilis said:

So at least on the Azyr Warscroll Builder, Greenskinz units are available in Da Big Waaagh. Don't think the Rogue Idol is though.


Yep, unless they change his warscroll, it looks like he's illegal to field in matched play for any sort of orruk warclans list! 

Edited by soak314

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dudvig said:

Anyone else notice that they put the wrong points for weirdnob in azyr?

It's be a miracle if Azyr was 100% correct.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just updated the azyr app and greenskins are included in the warclans faction. 

Not  sure for the long run but very happy at the moment 😺

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the Greenskinz Orrucks as big waaagh battleline on the azyr app is correct. Certainly interesting if it's true, but I guess an faq is required. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 9:37 AM, soak314 said:


Yep, unless they change his warscroll, it looks like he's illegal to field in matched play for any sort of orruk warclans list! 

Was it not mentioned in the stream preview that the Rogue Idol would get an update? wondering when...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Was it not mentioned in the stream preview that the Rogue Idol would get an update? wondering when...


I saw it mentioned in one of those news compilation articles, not sure if it was actually verbally dropped in the stream preview itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two lists I am thinking of running in an upcoming tournament 

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders:

Megaboss on Mawkrusha 460

Warchanter 110

Wurrgog Prophet 160

Battleline:

Brutes x 5 140

Brutes x 5 140

Gore Gruntas x 3 160

Others:

Ardboys  x 5 90

Ardboys  x 5 90

Ardboys  x 5 90

Ardboys  x 5 90

Ardboys  x 5 90

Battlalions

Ironfist 160

Ardfist 160

Total: 1900

Leaves room for something small or more CP, and a 4 drop.

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders:

Megaboss on Mawkrusha 460

Warchanter 110

Maniak weirdnob 120

Battleline:

Brutes x 5 140

Savage Orruk Arrowboys x 30 360

Savage Orruk Arrowboys x20 240

Others:

Ardboys  x 5 90

Ardboys  x 5 90

Ardboys  x 5 90

Ardboys  x 5 90

Ardboys  x 5 90

Battlalions

Ardfist 160

Total: 2000

More bodies for ere we go, 6 drop

What y'all think?

Edited by PlayerJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would only run Big Waaagh with Gordrakk and 2 warchanters, I do not feel it nearly worth it, unless you get the +1 hit and wound by turn 2 for sure.

Ardfist cost the same as 10 ardboyz in itself, so you will have units of 5 not really doing anything, and if they get killed, can 50/50 come in as a 10 man unit from the edge... with a 4" move unit. That seems both bad and terribly unreliable and I would honestly just ignore them if I was the opponent. All you need to do to win is to focus on the mawkrusha and warchanter and the rest of the army will be no threat at all.

I would love to hear some experiences with the ardfist, but I simply can't see the value as is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought about using Arrowboys to fill the body count and to pick off screens for a mostly Ironjawz army, sample list might look like this:

Spoiler

image.png.068d8025975589e95e46dc2188c021d7.png

The Wardokk can dance +1 to cast for himself, then give the Arrowboys +1 to hit for some additional damage. For more bodies, 10 more Arrowboys could replace the Weirdnob, but I thought mobility for the Ardboys and Brutes would be too valuable. The list generates waaaghpoints super quickly (12 from heroes alone and another 4 for a CP if needed), so turn 2 all buffs should be online. Suggestions and critique welcome!

Edited by LLuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

I would only run Big Waaagh with Gordrakk and 2 warchanters, I do not feel it nearly worth it, unless you get the +1 hit and wound by turn 2 for sure.

Ardfist cost the same as 10 ardboyz in itself, so you will have units of 5 not really doing anything, and if they get killed, can 50/50 come in as a 10 man unit from the edge... with a 4" move unit. That seems both bad and terribly unreliable and I would honestly just ignore them if I was the opponent. All you need to do to win is to focus on the mawkrusha and warchanter and the rest of the army will be no threat at all.

I would love to hear some experiences with the ardfist, but I simply can't see the value as is.

I'm not so sure you can't play big waaagh without Gordrakk. There is a lot of way to pump Waaagh point, that you should get to 16 by round 2 already, and 20 is almost garantee by turn 3.

Taking a maw-krusha with trait like Ironclad or Live to fight is certainly not a bad choice. 

And I think Ardfist is really good. the fact that it lower your drop, and cost just 120 points for the odds of grabing a far objective mid game, i'll take that any day!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Gordrakk, 2 warchanters and an Ironfist are a must in a Big Waaaagh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, broche said:

I'm not so sure you can't play big waaagh without Gordrakk. There is a lot of way to pump Waaagh point, that you should get to 16 by round 2 already, and 20 is almost garantee by turn 3.

Taking a maw-krusha with trait like Ironclad or Live to fight is certainly not a bad choice. 

And I think Ardfist is really good. the fact that it lower your drop, and cost just 120 points for the odds of grabing a far objective mid game, i'll take that any day!

My first game with DBW had me at 20 points turn 2 easy, and it wasn't even at 2k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Bonesplitterz I can see it working without Gordrakk as so many points are based around big units and numbers, which Ironjawz do not have, so anything but warchanter and the d6 points would be based almost purely on engagements/charges.

Ardfist would be ok if it was not a 4+ or used a CP, but using a CP for only a 50/50 chance is impossible to rely on for anything and makes the average cost for each unit coming in 100 points worth of CP. If it did not cost a CP or was 100% sure to work, even with a 5 man unit, then I might consider it.

I think Big Whaagh gives more to Bonesplitterz, as all the first abilities Ironjawz already have and Ironjawz also has ample access to +1 to hit effects already, so the +1 to wound is the major thing. 

I would consider a Wardokk actually, but I think I would go for Gorkamorkas warcry. The activation wars is where the game is at these days and without Smashin and Bashin from Ironjawz, this spell is the only way to influence the flow of combat in your favor in a Big Waaagh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely feel like Da Big WAAAGH! Needs to be utilising a mix of IJ and BS to be better than the individual allegiances.

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork

Battleline
30 x Orruk Ardboys (540)
10 x Savage Boarboys (260)
- Chompas
10 x Savage Boarboys (260)
- Chompas

Units
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 199
 

As a basic example. You're dumping 30 ardboys with +1 damage in your opponents face first turn, they are also easily going to be getting the 6++ allegiance. So you now have a 60 wound unit with 4+/6++/6++ potentially hitting 2+/2+/-1/2. You're then backing that up with some incredibly fast cav are potentially moving 3 times their normal speed AND flying.

Play the objectives hard and threaten your opponent with line jumps etc. 

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Savage Big Boss (100)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
- Chompas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (140)

Total: 1900 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 194
 

Going old skool with both armies. A classic Kunnin Rukk behind 3 large units of brutes backed with two warchanters. Again the 6++ really mitigates the old Ironjawz problem of mortal wounds. Oh and you can take either ironskullz boyz or a wardokk as your preference takes you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Malakree said:

I definitely feel like Da Big WAAAGH! Needs to be utilising a mix of IJ and BS to be better than the individual allegiances.

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork

Battleline
30 x Orruk Ardboys (540)
10 x Savage Boarboys (260)
- Chompas
10 x Savage Boarboys (260)
- Chompas

Units
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 199
 

As a basic example. You're dumping 30 ardboys with +1 damage in your opponents face first turn, they are also easily going to be getting the 6++ allegiance. So you now have a 60 wound unit with 4+/6++/6++ potentially hitting 2+/2+/-1/2. You're then backing that up with some incredibly fast cav are potentially moving 3 times their normal speed AND flying.

Play the objectives hard and threaten your opponent with line jumps etc. 

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Savage Big Boss (100)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
- Chompas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (140)

Total: 1900 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 194
 

Going old skool with both armies. A classic Kunnin Rukk behind 3 large units of brutes backed with two warchanters. Again the 6++ really mitigates the old Ironjawz problem of mortal wounds. Oh and you can take either ironskullz boyz or a wardokk as your preference takes you.

Max 20 model units in Kunning Rukk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, tom_gore said:

Max 20 model units in Kunning Rukk.

Ok so 220 float, drop the second warchanter for 330, another unit of 10 brutes is 280, 50 points for a CP.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my ij list

 

Allegiance: Ironjawz
- Warclan: Ironsunz
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Trait: Right Fist of Dakkbad
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
- Mount Trait: Weird 'Un
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- Artefact: Sunzblessed Armour
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 1x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 1x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- 1x Gore Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas

Units
4 x Ironskull's Boyz (80)

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 133
 

 

 

Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dudvig said:

Any thoughts?

What unit is the hand of gork for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Malakree said:

What unit is the hand of gork for?

The megaboss on foot. Tp him close to weak units so he can start stacking strength from victory turn 1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dudvig said:

The megaboss on foot. Tp him close to weak units so he can start stacking strength from victory turn 1

That's a really good answer actually.

Have you thought about putting the sunblessed on the cabbage and taking metal rippers on the Footboss.

With his CA you're throwing a 2+/3+/-3/3 into your opponent. He should easily get his points back in the first combat phase and even chew through tankier stuff like sequitors or some monsters with no issue. 

EDIT: See if you can get a piece of dammed terrain for him. Take the dammed, fixing beat, hand of gork, d6 move at the end of the hero phase for better charge odds.

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dudvig said:

The megaboss on foot. Tp him close to weak units so he can start stacking strength from victory turn 1

Isn't hand of Gork also good on 10 warchanter buffed ardboys and the brutes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malakree said:

Have you thought about putting the sunblessed on the cabbage and taking metal rippers on the Footboss.

Yes, but I feel they both need the survivability rather than more damage. And if if the opponent ignores either of them for too long they will be pretty much unstoppable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LLuck said:

Isn't hand of Gork also good on 10 warchanter buffed ardboys and the brutes?

Yes, yes it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dudvig said:

Yes, but I feel they both need the survivability rather than more damage. And if if the opponent ignores either of them for too long they will be pretty much unstoppable

The sunblessed is almost as good as ethereal IMO. While metal rippers means the Footboss goes from potential threat to a massive threat.

I'd suggest you consider testing both if you have a club etc. Definitely go with your gut if it's straight into a tournament though.

6 minutes ago, LLuck said:

Isn't hand of Gork also good on 10 warchanter buffed ardboys and the brutes?

If you do it turn 1 then they are just going to die. I was mainly interested in what the turn 1 plan was with it because if it's T3-5 then you could potentially grab wrath of gork etc. instead.

Using on the Footboss T1 is definately a great answer though. It gives a solid early game use and gets around all of the problems that a Footboss normally has.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...