AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

6 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Is this similar to the whole charge with the megaboss, retreat deeper into enemy lines and be just outside of 3'' of a totally different unit then pile in (because you charged) and attack that unit instead? 

Yeah exactly that. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 2:00 AM, VonSmall said:

Hi @Ravinsild Slannesh is a really tough matchup for us as the number of wounds they do to us that get converted into slannesh points is huge.  However, your list is actually one of the better ones for us because you have a couple of really good combo's you can pull off using activation shenanigans.  It would involve you swapping out the Wurgog for a Weirdnob with Hand of Gork though. So...picture this.

If you want to pretty much guarantee the charge you can do the following:

Hero Phase:

• Buff up the Ardboys with Warchanter.
  • Teleport the Ardboys 9" in front of the Slannesh line.
  • Pigs use their Might Destroyers on the Maw Krusha who bounds up the board so he's within 18" of the ardboys.
  • Maw Krusha then uses his Mighty Destroyers on the teleported Ardboys to make them charge (which you can re-roll with CP if failed)

Movement Phase:

• Retreat with the ardboys so they are now just over 3" away from any Slannesh models.

You cant retreat during the movement phase because you use hand of gork on them

• Like 2

Hi guys I'm new to the orks topic! I wanted to ask you why arboyz are generally chosen instead of brutes?

Are brute covering a different role or they are just less usefull?

I ask you that because I prefere the brutes model to the ardboyz. Thanks!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Alessio said:

Hi guys I'm new to the orks topic! I wanted to ask you why arboyz are generally chosen instead of brutes?

Are brute covering a different role or they are just less usefull?

I ask you that because I prefere the brutes model to the ardboyz. Thanks!

They can charge with a +3 because of their drummer, they have an ekstra 6+ aftersave because of their shield and they are more bodies. So they are more survivable, easier to get into combat and hold objectives  better. On top of that you can run them in an Ardfist battallion which makes the units of ardboys come back to life after they are destroyed.

I still like Brutes but they show up less and less in my armylists.  They are really good against models with 4 or more wounds. that makes the big bad weapons hit and wound on 2's

@Alessio I too prefer the Brutes models but if you want to run Ardboyz you have two different modeling options. 

1: Use the Bloodbowl orc team and add the necessary weapons. (A pretty popular conversion choice)

2: Use the Brutes models, stick them on 32mms, I'd leave off the shoulder pads, possibly even the torso armor, to help distinguish them from Brutes for your opponents. Also add the necessary weapons. 

I find it sad and a little upsetting that they got nerfed in this way. 

I also feel the Ardboyz battalion is lazy and unthematic. just my opinion. To each their own. 

• Like 1

@Vasshpit@mrteige

Thanks guys I see what yo are saying. Ardboyz seems better, the only things that could be better for brutes equipped with jagged gore-hacka is their 2" range which can make them attacking on 2 ranks while for the ardboyz with their 1" range it'd be more difficult. Do you confirm me that? Are the brutes a little more offensive? 

A while back I had the idea to make an alternate Rogue Idol for my Bonesplitterz . I thought they might conjure up a boar shaped idol.

Prototype pictures. Base size is correct,  for reference.  So think the actual model needs to be double the size.

JPEG_20200620_123706.jpg

JPEG_20200620_123650.jpg

JPEG_20200620_123637.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 3:20 PM, Alessio said:

@Vasshpit@mrteige

Thanks guys I see what yo are saying. Ardboyz seems better, the only things that could be better for brutes equipped with jagged gore-hacka is their 2" range which can make them attacking on 2 ranks while for the ardboyz with their 1" range it'd be more difficult. Do you confirm me that? Are the brutes a little more offensive? 

It's been discussed to death a dozen times in this and the ironjawz thread. There is a narrow situation where hackas do a but more concentrated damage thanks to their reach but only if there's no attrition (brutes are paper for their points) and only if there isn't room for the Ardboys to get in 'dere.

Ultimately it's so narrow you're pretty much always better of with ardboys (the charge bonus is nothing to sniff at). People still use brutes sometimes because they like em though.

• Sad 1

Hello boyz! What do you think about that list? It's like Semi-alphastrike I think. 

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Fuelled by the Spirits
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- Artefact: Shamanic Skullcape
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat

Battleline
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
- 2x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Pig-iron Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 189

7 hours ago, NikitaCrab132 said:

Hello boyz! What do you think about that list? It's like Semi-alphastrike I think. 

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Fuelled by the Spirits
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- Artefact: Shamanic Skullcape
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat

Battleline
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Pig-iron Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Jagged Gore-hackas
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 189

Yes semi aplha-strike because you don't have any heroes with the Brutish Cunning command trait. 

Moreover the Savage Orruks with bows need "Brutal beast spirit" spell (+1 to hit roll) to be dangerous in a Big Waaagh army.  

Well only change to our points is raised rogue idol 40 pts to 440 points and the lost artifacts from malign sorcery. All the new realm artifacts are useless generic things like reroll charges and 1s to saves or hit or wound etc

Edited by Bululu

9 minutes ago, Bululu said:

Well only change to our points is raised rogue idol 40 pts to 440 points and the lost artifacts from malign sorcery. All the new realm artifacts are useless generic things like reroll charges and 1s to saves or hit or wound etc

Where did you get that info from?