AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

2 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Wont Hermdar CA ignore that and have them fight once at the start? 

Yes but then if you're fighting a block of hearthguard you're doing something wrong ;) 

Also you can do the Mighty Destroyers charge in the hero phase followed by a retreat if you set it up properly.

29 minutes ago, Arkahn said:

So gorkamorka warcry is useless vs Hermdar CA, no ? 

3 hours ago, Malakree said:

Yes but then if you're fighting a block of hearthguard you're doing something wrong ;) 

Also you can do the Mighty Destroyers charge in the hero phase followed by a retreat if you set it up properly.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:15 PM, Arkahn said:

So gorkamorka warcry is useless vs Hermdar CA, no ? 

The current system of strike first vs strike last is kinda a mess atm. 

Rule of thumb is when the two things collide, whatever is applied last wins. So if model A has a passive ability that makes it always strike first, Gorkamorka's Warcry will overrule it and make it fight last. If model A has an ability that triggers on the charge, it will overrule Gorkamorka's Warcry.

Has anyone hear tried a true combined/TAC list? I don't have a MawKrusha but the below seems interesting. I think you would kit out the Krusha to be super tanky so he can be very independent. You have range threats, screens, hard hitting counter charge unit and a big tank. It lacks high rend outside of the Krusha but it feels like this list could adapt to must scenarios. Any thoughts? 

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Savage Big Boss (100)
Wardokk (80)

20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (240)
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (240)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)

Kunnin' Rukk (140)

TOTAL: 2000/2000

I recently competed in my first GT. I used IJ, and came in 7th! Here was my list:

Allegiance: Ironjawz
- Warclan: Ironjawz

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Trait: Ironclad
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
- Mount Trait: Mean 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Killa Beat
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- Artefact: Shamanic Skullcape
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork

Battleline
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
- 2x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
- 2x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- 1x Gore Choppas
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Jagged Gore-hackas

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 138

It was 4 matches, of which I had 2 wins and 2 losses. I got my secondaries and had a high SOS, which was how I got my ranking. I lost to FEC and OBR but beat SCE and Sylvaneth.

Inspired by the tzeentch army I can't bring myself to build I went to a 2 day tournament at Da Great South Waagh this weekend with my current list, went 2-3 having only played 2 games with it but overall I really enjoyed using it, just the total opposite of 2 maw krushas! 🤣

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Trait: Master of the Weird
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
- Lore of the Weird: Wrath of Gork
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Balewind Vortex (40)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 146

I won against gitz and sce and lost to an obr with 80 mortek guard, a 3 keeper slaanesh list and a fyreslayers list that was terrified of the 12 wound wrath of gork sniper rifle. I had an arcane terrain in my territory in one game and the wurrgog was on +5 to cast🤣 I also finally managed to pull off the green puke > hand of gork combo on 15 ardboyz amd rolled a 6 on the move roll.

the list wasn't optimised, the brutes were just there because I had them painted but they were pretty bad. The 5 man units of ardboyz were awesome, tanking so many charges on 1 or 2 models. Geminids also bit me more than the enemy when I did cast them. If I got the priority I almost always wanted to go first to try and snipe a hero.

Now the tourney's over I'm going to try this list, savage stikka tarpit on a 3+6++ and provide a guaranteed +3 waaagh points for spell buffs, wardokk giving the save or the casting buff as needed. I always had cps to spare that I could throw one on the chance of getting 10 ardboyz back.

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Pig-iron Choppas

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

Battalions
Ardfist (120)

Aethervoid Pendulum (50)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 171

Edited by Warmill

I tried this army list last Friday and the Beasts of Chaos got run over at the end of round two...
I like the ability to add +1/+1 to hit and wound, that's crazy wth big packs of Bonesplitterz. With a bit of luck (6 on my D6 waagh points) and the command ability to add 1 pt of Big Waaagh each 10 miniatures 18" around the Warchanter I easily reached the cap to have all bonuses I need round 1 after charge.

Special mention to my Rogue Idol boosted like never before 2+ save, mystic shield, hit and wound on 2+/2+ minus 2 damage D6+1 and 2+1 (thanks warchanter 😍) and reroll 1s to hit after charging (haha).

Other interesting stuff in this list was my Wurrgog Prophet boosted by a +3 to cast spells. (+1 with Master of the Weird, +1 with Mork's Boney Bitz & +1 with the Rogue Idol). Put him on a Vortex and this guy will do serious damages with a decent save at 4+.

Finally, this is a 5 drops army list with 220 wounds, 2 extra command points and a list that automatically generates 13 + 1D6 points for a CP round 1.

Ok bonesplitterz have a lack of rend but my savage orruks are clearly point-of-life bags who have 90 hits range 2" on 3+/3+ . Perhaps I should switch a savage orruk pack and a CP for a  Arrowboyz full pack but it would add me one more drop to the list. Or 10/15 boarboys....that's another good option.

Let me know what do you think about this list and how I can improve it ?  :)  

2kBonesplitterz-DABIGWAAAGHBABY.pdf

Edited by hurben
  • Like 1

Honestly it's an interesting list. Not many armies will be able to kill  all your boyz. I think like you said you'll have trouble killing tough units, especially if your Idol goes down, but to me this list is more about playing objectives then killing. In some matchups you'll be able to chop up your opponents but the really strength in this army in particular is sitting on objectives and not moving. If that's your style than this list is pretty good. 

Outside of the Idol it's biggest weaknesses are lack of Mortals wounds, lack of rend, lack of ranged output and lack of mobility. A unit of Arrowboyz would give you some reach, and if you put it behind one of your 30 orruk units it would make your opponent have to do something about it. If you go 30 Arrowboyz I would consider a Maniak Weirdnob. With a full 30 man unit his spell is nice. 

I  think it could win a lot of games but it will be matchup dependent and it would be a very grindy. If that's your style it could definitely work! There may be a more balanced list with only 2 30 man units, more buffs (Wardokks) and some ranged/mobility but taking it to the extreme with 90 boyz could work!

1 hour ago, Warbossironteef said:

Honestly it's an interesting list. Not many armies will be able to kill  all your boyz. I think like you said you'll have trouble killing tough units, especially if your Idol goes down, but to me this list is more about playing objectives then killing. In some matchups you'll be able to chop up your opponents but the really strength in this army in particular is sitting on objectives and not moving. If that's your style than this list is pretty good. 

Outside of the Idol it's biggest weaknesses are lack of Mortals wounds, lack of rend, lack of ranged output and lack of mobility. A unit of Arrowboyz would give you some reach, and if you put it behind one of your 30 orruk units it would make your opponent have to do something about it. If you go 30 Arrowboyz I would consider a Maniak Weirdnob. With a full 30 man unit his spell is nice. 

I  think it could win a lot of games but it will be matchup dependent and it would be a very grindy. If that's your style it could definitely work! There may be a more balanced list with only 2 30 man units, more buffs (Wardokks) and some ranged/mobility but taking it to the extreme with 90 boyz could work!

Thanks for the reply !
Indeed, I can imagine to change a full pack of 30 savage by boarboys ? I don't think I really have a lack of move because I can easily cast the breath and also the Brutal Rukk let me run and charge so if I do it well I can charge round 1. Last game, I cast the breath on the Rogue Idol and then he flies 20" and then charge with +1, and this is basically the deal round 1. Then round 2, one or two packs of 30 savage charge with the Savage Big Boss. The rest stay behind on objectives. Now sure it depends of the matchup, the scenario, etc... :) 

Do you have a suggestion ? I need as few drops as I can that's why I'm going to prioritize units from Brutal Rukk's battalion...  ;) 

1 hour ago, Warbossironteef said:

I  think it could win a lot of games but it will be matchup dependent and it would be a very grindy.

Imo big waaagh is probably the second best grind faction in the game behind hearthguard. If you end up in a protracted combat it will turn your army into paste.

On 2/9/2020 at 11:51 PM, Warmill said:

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Pig-iron Choppas

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

Battalions
Ardfist (120)

Aethervoid Pendulum (50)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 171

Looks really interesting. I like the spellportal paired up with Wrath of Gork etc. Could make some of the harder matchups like OBR/Fyreslayers a lot more doable where pure muscle isn't gonna cut it. 

I would really miss my 6 pigs or MK, but who needs that when you can 10+ MW snipe a hero/fist a big unit from the other end of the table. :D 

Edited by Kasper

20 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Looks really interesting. I like the spellportal paired up with Wrath of Gork etc. Could make some of the harder matchups like OBR/Fyreslayers a lot more doable where pure muscle isn't gonna cut it. 

I would really miss my 6 pigs or MK, but who needs that when you can 10+ MW snipe a hero/fist a big unit from the other end of the table. :D 

It was awesome when it went off, like having a sniper turret bang in the middle of the table. In game 5 the fyreslayer player spent 2 turns keeping his army 16" away from the portal 🤣 Sadly against slaanesh and obr I never got the casts off or the dispel rolls were on point, which is why I've gone for the wardokk for the extra +1 to cast, with spending waagh points all my critical spells should be on a 4+ or 5+ for the big fists of gork as needed.

1 minute ago, Warmill said:

It was awesome when it went off, like having a sniper turret bang in the middle of the table. In game 5 the fyreslayer player spent 2 turns keeping his army 16" away from the portal 🤣 Sadly against slaanesh and obr I never got the casts off or the dispel rolls were on point, which is why I've gone for the wardokk for the extra +1 to cast, with spending waagh points all my critical spells should be on a 4+ or 5+ for the big fists of gork as needed.

Yeah the green little smurf basically turns into a mini Nagash :D

Couldn't you just dispell the portal on your side of the board and recast it in their face again vs Fyreslayers?

4 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Yeah the green little smurf basically turns into a mini Nagash :D

Couldn't you just dispell the portal on your side of the board and recast it in their face again vs Fyreslayers?

It was right next to the central objective on starstrike at the time but yeah I think there's something to be said for warning people about the combo just for mind games.

Hi guys,

Quick question about the mechanic of 'Ere We Go, 'Ere We Go, in Big Waaagh.  So it says that I choose 1 friendly Orruk Hero and then I receive 1 Waaagh point for every 10 Orruk models that are within 12'' of that hero. (or 18 if warchanter). Let's say I have 3 units of 10 and I want to profit from this, do they need to all be inside the 12in range (like wholly within) or my units only need to be touching the 12in radius (like any normal ''within'' wording). 

That ''model'' part of the description really confuses me. Could you help out?

7 minutes ago, Jabbuk said:

Hi guys,

Quick question about the mechanic of 'Ere We Go, 'Ere We Go, in Big Waaagh.  So it says that I choose 1 friendly Orruk Hero and then I receive 1 Waaagh point for every 10 Orruk models that are within 12'' of that hero. (or 18 if warchanter). Let's say I have 3 units of 10 and I want to profit from this, do they need to all be inside the 12in range (like wholly within) or my units only need to be touching the 12in radius (like any normal ''within'' wording). 

That ''model'' part of the description really confuses me. Could you help out?

I think this is only "within" and not "wholly within". I've checked the errata and nothing says it's wholly. :) 
Btw, we're talking here about models and not units.

Edited by hurben
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jabbuk said:

So technically, I just need my 3 units of 10 models to ''touch'' the 12in radius in order to get 3 Waaagh points, correct?

Yeah this is correct. Remember it is PER MODEL and not per unit, so you can't make a long conga line of 30 Boyz and expect to get Waagh points for all of them if only 2 are actually within the range. 18" is quite large though - I usually place my general and measure out so my entire army is inside an 18" bubble. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jabbuk said:

So technically, I just need my 3 units of 10 models to ''touch'' the 12in radius in order to get 3 Waaagh points, correct?

In a bubble of 12" around your Hero or 18" if it's a Warchanter, count any models you have (not wholly it means a small peace of the base is OK) then for each 10 models it gives you 1 point of Waaagh :) 

• Like 1