AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

5 hours ago, Jabbuk said:

Hey guys, I keep reading about the Orruks Warboss and I looked up on eBay to try to find one. Are you guys using resin models for it? They seem to be discontinued officially, etc. What's your experience with them? Also, is it worth it to get one?

I wouldn't spend much money on it, given that greenskinz have gone the way of legends.

The easiest way would be to see if there were any current/former orc players in your local community willing to sell you one. Tons of those WHFB plastic orc warboss kits have been floating around for years and they include a guy on foot -and- on a boar. Otherwise looks like there are still a lot of the old pewter boar-riding orc warboss floating around on ebay.

Edited by NauticalSoup
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NauticalSoup said:

I wouldn't spend much money on it, given that greenskinz have gone the way of legends.

The easiest way would be to see if there were any current/former orc players in your local community willing to sell you one. Tons of those WHFB plastic orc warboss kits have been floating around for years and they include a guy on foot -and- on a boar. Otherwise looks like there are still a lot of the old pewter boar-riding orc warboss floating around on ebay.

I was holding off doing it too, but after the recent waves of FAQs/changes to tomes they could very easily have changed Big Waagh to only include Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz. The Greenskinz warscrolls also got changed with our book anyways so the CA ability no longer stacks. 

I asked around in my local community and a guy had an old Orruk boss on a pig. He didn't have the upperbody or banner, so actually just gave it to me for free. I kitbashed an Ardboyz upperbody by cutting a bit at the bottom which fit somewhat. Then used the banner-arm and pole from the Ardboyz and I had a banner lying around from Bestigors when I played Beasts of Chaos, which slotted onto the pole perfectly.

My kitbashed Orruk Warboss on boar looks somewhat like an Ardboyz model, but on a champion pig holding a unique looking banner. He stands out due the pig and smaller base, but at the same time somewhat fits into the army due to the Ardboyz bits. 

You could easily make a cool Orruk Warboss by getting a normal Greenskinz pig and kitbash a bit.

Edited by Kasper
  • Like 1

I went to an LVO prep tourney last weekend and brought a very IJ heavy Big Waaagh! list. I'm unfortunately not going to be able to attend this year, but brought about the hardest list I could come up with to help the guys practice. 

Here's the list (posted earlier but for convenience):

Spoiler

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!
Mortal Realm: Hysh
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General
- Trait: Brutish Cunning
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Pig-iron Choppas
Ardfist (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 158

Picked Attrition for my army mission for the tourney (Kill 2/3rds of your opponents starting units). I'm not going to get into too many details about the scenerios, realms, hidden objectives,  but we played the first 3 missions of the tourney pack for those interested.

Rnd1: Played against a Blisterkin list (Double Terrorgheist hero, Summoning heroes, ghouls).  He made a mistake, and charged one of my 15'ardboyz blocks on the flank with both Terrorgheits T2 even though he was still in my GGs threat range. He pretty much wiped out the unit, but it left him open for me  to Mighty Destroyer my GGs , move them 18", and killed both Terrorgheists   by splitting attacks. Just a matter of cleaning up a bunch of summoned ghouls/knights from there. Again, 1 unit of 6ggs took out two Terrorgheists with defensive buffs up , they're absolutely insane in Big Waagh! Scored the full 25 points available

Rnd2:  Played against Gristlegore (Double Terrorgheist hero, Double Terrorgheists, Summoning hero, less ghouls). It was the old Duality of Death, so he moved all 4 Terrorgheists onto the points to score T1. I landed some absolutely insane charges with my 'ardboyz (rolled 12 for two of the units and 11 for the third), popped some CP for reroll 1s, ended up killing all 4 Terrorgheists T1 and only lost about 20 boyz. IJ Victory T1, I think I only scored 24 that round because my opponent completed his hidden objective to control 2 more points than me.

Rnd 3: Played against Seraphon ( He ran some combo that gave his Saurus guard 2+ armor, ignore rend 1. Backed by Engine, Slaan, some support heroes). The scenario was one that you could only score a major victory if you controlled all 4 objective markers. He's a really solid player, and ended up tricking me into deploying sub-optimally by weighing one side and then using his first turn teleports to bunker on the weak side objective.

I pinned the majority of his army with one of the 'ardboyz units (later regretted this), and just sat on 3 of the 4 points for the first few turns.  He kept in the game by summoning skinks, teleporting them, and picking on the objective that wasn't protected by the other two 'ardboy units (he couldn't have done that if I didn't pin with the third 'ardboy unit, lesson learned). That said, I was scoring 3 objectives per turn, he was scoring two. 

He was about to escape the pin and I really wanted that Major Victory, so I geared up to hit him with my GGs (another bad mistake), we were playing in Ashqy and I got the +1 damage spell off in addition to the Warchanter buff and for some dumb reason thought I could shred his Saurus Guard even though he had a CP in the bank for reroll 1s to armor. Anyway, I hit that  wall, he suffered 48 wounds at 3 damage a pop,  ZERO Saurus guard died and they killed the entire unit of GGs....
Math says that kiling 0 Saurus Guard is a fairly reasonable outcome, so mistake on my part, but I've never had the GGs not shred anything they touch... they met their kryptonite. Ended up winning like 19 to 6, but it was extremely hard fought, ended up placing first overall. Anyway, really good opponent who is probably just held back by his army not being top/top tier. His army is still good though. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes 4/5 wins at LVO.

Only real take-away from the tourney is I didn't activate 'ardfist once. It might be worth dropping the battalion and the Megaboss, and switching to ironfist and another unit.  That said, my first two rounds were probably not good indicators of how long I can expect my 'ardboyz to survive, thus I didn't really get a chance to recycle.

Anyway, really good time, and I love the tourney pack this year. 

Edited by Andrew G
  • Like 3

On 1/8/2020 at 12:27 AM, Jabbuk said:

Hey guys, I keep reading about the Orruks Warboss and I looked up on eBay to try to find one. Are you guys using resin models for it? They seem to be discontinued officially, etc. What's your experience with them? Also, is it worth it to get one?

Until the warboss most likely get removed in the next generals handbook he is auto include for me. Pigboss with banner is just amazing with masses of ardboys. Their output goes up by 50%.

If you find the old model you must convert it either way since it builds with banner when on foot only. Warscroll let it have a pig for no cost thou. If you covert a gore grunta you need to change its base for a much smaller oval. 

3 hours ago, Skumbaagh said:

Until the warboss most likely get removed in the next generals handbook he is auto include for me. Pigboss with banner is just amazing with masses of ardboys. Their output goes up by 50%.

If you find the old model you must convert it either way since it builds with banner when on foot only. Warscroll let it have a pig for no cost thou. If you covert a gore grunta you need to change its base for a much smaller oval. 

Thanks for the answer. Yeah I had thought of trying to get the old Gorbad Ironclaw model to stand for him as he looks really cool but he's 120$ on eBay and in resin :( Not sure I want to buy it yet.

Edited by Jabbuk

8 hours ago, Skumbaagh said:

If you find the old model you must convert it either way since it builds with banner when on foot only. Warscroll let it have a pig for no cost thou.

I was wondering about this. The pig just comes completely free, correct? As in, there's no reason to take the footboss at all?

On 1/9/2020 at 6:30 PM, Andrew G said:

I went to an LVO prep tourney last weekend and brought a very IJ heavy Big Waaagh! list. I'm unfortunately not going to be able to attend this year, but brought about the hardest list I could come up with to help the guys practice. 

Here's the list (posted earlier but for convenience):

Reveal hidden contents

Mortal Realm: Hysh
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General
- Trait: Brutish Cunning
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
- Pig-iron Choppas
Ardfist (120)

Wounds: 158

Picked Attrition for my army mission for the tourney (Kill 2/3rds of your opponents starting units). I'm not going to get into too many details about the scenerios, realms, hidden objectives,  but we played the first 3 missions of the tourney pack for those interested.

Rnd1: Played against a Blisterkin list (Double Terrorgheist hero, Summoning heroes, ghouls).  He made a mistake, and charged one of my 15'ardboyz blocks on the flank with both Terrorgheits T2 even though he was still in my GGs threat range. He pretty much wiped out the unit, but it left him open for me  to Mighty Destroyer my GGs , move them 18", and killed both Terrorgheists   by splitting attacks. Just a matter of cleaning up a bunch of summoned ghouls/knights from there. Again, 1 unit of 6ggs took out two Terrorgheists with defensive buffs up , they're absolutely insane in Big Waagh! Scored the full 25 points available

Rnd2:  Played against Gristlegore (Double Terrorgheist hero, Double Terrorgheists, Summoning hero, less ghouls). It was the old Duality of Death, so he moved all 4 Terrorgheists onto the points to score T1. I landed some absolutely insane charges with my 'ardboyz (rolled 12 for two of the units and 11 for the third), popped some CP for reroll 1s, ended up killing all 4 Terrorgheists T1 and only lost about 20 boyz. IJ Victory T1, I think I only scored 24 that round because my opponent completed his hidden objective to control 2 more points than me.

Rnd 3: Played against Seraphon ( He ran some combo that gave his Saurus guard 2+ armor, ignore rend 1. Backed by Engine, Slaan, some support heroes). The scenario was one that you could only score a major victory if you controlled all 4 objective markers. He's a really solid player, and ended up tricking me into deploying sub-optimally by weighing one side and then using his first turn teleports to bunker on the weak side objective.

I pinned the majority of his army with one of the 'ardboyz units (later regretted this), and just sat on 3 of the 4 points for the first few turns.  He kept in the game by summoning skinks, teleporting them, and picking on the objective that wasn't protected by the other two 'ardboy units (he couldn't have done that if I didn't pin with the third 'ardboy unit, lesson learned). That said, I was scoring 3 objectives per turn, he was scoring two. 

He was about to escape the pin and I really wanted that Major Victory, so I geared up to hit him with my GGs (another bad mistake), we were playing in Ashqy and I got the +1 damage spell off in addition to the Warchanter buff and for some dumb reason thought I could shred his Saurus Guard even though he had a CP in the bank for reroll 1s to armor. Anyway, I hit that  wall, he suffered 48 wounds at 3 damage a pop,  ZERO Saurus guard died and they killed the entire unit of GGs....
Math says that kiling 0 Saurus Guard is a fairly reasonable outcome, so mistake on my part, but I've never had the GGs not shred anything they touch... they met their kryptonite. Ended up winning like 19 to 6, but it was extremely hard fought, ended up placing first overall. Anyway, really good opponent who is probably just held back by his army not being top/top tier. His army is still good though. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes 4/5 wins at LVO.

Only real take-away from the tourney is I didn't activate 'ardfist once. It might be worth dropping the battalion and the Megaboss, and switching to ironfist and another unit.  That said, my first two rounds were probably not good indicators of how long I can expect my 'ardboyz to survive, thus I didn't really get a chance to recycle.

Anyway, really good time, and I love the tourney pack this year. 

May I ask how you got the 3rd war beat on the chanter? I thought (I'm a noob) that since it was big waagh you could have one and then another for the battalion?

59 minutes ago, Deathawaits101 said:

May I ask how you got the 3rd war beat on the chanter? I thought (I'm a noob) that since it was big waagh you could have one and then another for the battalion?

You're correct and it's one of the most often overlooked rules hidden in the big waaagh! section.

Sheffield Slaughter

For anyone that doesn't know slaughter this year has banned realm artefacts. While  it has a whole bunch of interesting connotations one of the most annoying is the lack of WC artefacts not to mention that I can't use my Athercrutch Broach as my clubmates have termed it.

End result is that I've been trying to work out what I actually want to take. So far it's dropped into 3 potential lists. The only IJ one is double cabbage Gorefist, mainly I'm not sure I want to have 2 days worth of 30min games, seems like I might aswell not bother to go. As a result I'm looking instead at a big waaagh! setup using Wrath of Gork and Fists of Gork to give me some serious magical potential, I'm also quite heavily into the double battalion for both keeping my drops down and getting the 2 CP's off it. I use the same hero setup with both as it lets me use all 3 artefacts and gives me everything I need buff wise.

Basic list first. I'm not sure which spell to use on the wardokk. Most of them are either BS buffs or just mediocre nukes, possibly just double up on the Warcry.

Spoiler

Leaders
- General
- Lore of the Weird: Wrath of Gork
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Wardokk (80)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask

Battleline
- Pig-iron Choppas

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 1230 / 2000
Wounds: 80

So then the first full list is double 6 pig Ironfist.

Leaders
- General
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Wardokk (80)

Battleline
- Pig-iron Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Pig-iron Choppas

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

Battalions
Ironfist (160)
Ironfist (160)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 140

This gives the obviously massive threat that is 2 blocks of 6 pigs, it's also getting 9/10+d6 waaagh! points a turn which guarantees me the +1/+1 on turn 2 which should be absolutely disgusting if I play it right. I also have the option to instead fall back on the magic, with Gattling Cannon of Gork and Fist of Gork both giving me fantastic utility in that regard, especially when you consider the amount of innate +cast I can get on them.

Leaders
- General
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Wardokk (80)

Battleline
- Pig-iron Choppas
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

Battalions
Ironfist (160)
Ardfist (120)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 150

This is the other side. With 2 huge blocks of Ardboys in an Ardfist I have a massive quantity of wounds/staying power, the old 4+/6++/6++/6++ when next to mystical is a level of gross. It has all the same tools as the previous but lacks some of the shock potential, trading it for raw wounds and bodies. It has the advantage that it is easier to generate more Waaagh! points so I should have a larger bank to float.

Painting

Both lists require a Wardokk so that's something I need to get on ASAP. The First list requires me to finish another 3 GG's that I've been procrastinating over for a while. On the other hand the second requires 15 more ardboys, which I don't even own...I think it might be the stronger list though 🤔

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Malakree said:

You're correct and it's one of the most often overlooked rules hidden in the big waaagh! section.

Sheffield Slaughter

For anyone that doesn't know slaughter this year has banned realm artefacts. While  it has a whole bunch of interesting connotations one of the most annoying is the lack of WC artefacts not to mention that I can't use my Athercrutch Broach as my clubmates have termed it.

End result is that I've been trying to work out what I actually want to take. So far it's dropped into 3 potential lists. The only IJ one is double cabbage Gorefist, mainly I'm not sure I want to have 2 days worth of 30min games, seems like I might aswell not bother to go. As a result I'm looking instead at a big waaagh! setup using Wrath of Gork and Fists of Gork to give me some serious magical potential, I'm also quite heavily into the double battalion for both keeping my drops down and getting the 2 CP's off it. I use the same hero setup with both as it lets me use all 3 artefacts and gives me everything I need buff wise.

Basic list first. I'm not sure which spell to use on the wardokk. Most of them are either BS buffs or just mediocre nukes, possibly just double up on the Warcry.

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
- General
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Wardokk (80)

Battleline
- Pig-iron Choppas

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

This gives the obviously massive threat that is 2 blocks of 6 pigs, it's also getting 9/10+d6 waaagh! points a turn which guarantees me the +1/+1 on turn 2 which should be absolutely disgusting if I play it right. I also have the option to instead fall back on the magic, with Gattling Cannon of Gork and Fist of Gork both giving me fantastic utility in that regard, especially when you consider the amount of innate +cast I can get on them.

This is the other side. With 2 huge blocks of Ardboys in an Ardfist I have a massive quantity of wounds/staying power, the old 4+/6++/6++/6++ when next to mystical is a level of gross. It has all the same tools as the previous but lacks some of the shock potential, trading it for raw wounds and bodies. It has the advantage that it is easier to generate more Waaagh! points so I should have a larger bank to float.

Painting

Both lists require a Wardokk so that's something I need to get on ASAP. The First list requires me to finish another 3 GG's that I've been procrastinating over for a while. On the other hand the second requires 15 more ardboys, which I don't even own...I think it might be the stronger list though 🤔

What does the double crusher list look like?

14 hours ago, Deathawaits101 said:

Completely overlooked that rule. Only real change I would make is switching the Aetherquartz Broach to the beat-less warchanter. 

11 hours ago, Malakree said:

Sheffield Slaughter

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
- General
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Wardokk (80)

Battleline
- Pig-iron Choppas

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Painting

The second list would be my preference, both seem strong though. I like the 5x3 'ardboyz in each, one thing I did miss from the list I brought was some expendable roadblock/objective sitters. 

One thing I would be worried about is only bringing 2 warchanters, but that's mostly a local meta call based the prevalence of character sniping (think we'll be seeing more with the tzeentch book).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deathawaits101 said:

What does the double crusher list look like?

Allegiance: Ironjawz
- Warclan: Ironsunz

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Trait: Right Fist of Dakkbad
- Artefact: Sunzblessed Armour
- Mount Trait: Weird 'Un
- Artefact: Metalrippa's Klaw
- Mount Trait: Mean 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
- Pig-iron Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas

Battalions
Gorefist (130)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Wounds: 102

Real basic. 3 CP turn 1, Gorefist, triumph and a ton of mobility. Ironsunz is obvious since you live and die on turn 1 

Only option is a straight swap of the cp+triumph for a fungoid.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deathawaits101 said:

So would you still run the 3rd chanter for the buff then correct? I like the lists here as my meta is completely competitive. 

Yea, for a couple of reasons. The redundancy protects against character sniping, and I'm running 4 units that pretty much always want +1 damage (you can get away with 2  Warchanters easier in lists like Malkree's that split one of the 'ardboy blocks). Doubling the offensive output of a unit without an opposed roll from your opponent is crazy good, and the Warchanters are always the first targets if your opponent has ranged threats. You also have to factor in the 'ardfist Warchanter having to position more defensively to ensure the threat of the 'ardboyz recycle.

The only real viable swap for those 110 points is a Wardock or 5 more ardboyz. I think  a beat-less warchanter brings more to the table than the Wardock or the 'ardboyz(even if you factor in the triumph), but the margin is petty slim and there probably isn't a "bad" choice between the 3. 

I am usually pretty upset when playing against the big waagh! While my opponent never understood why.

So I made him a promise: „I bet I can win the next tournament with a single list, without even knowing the army in and out“

I made that promise come true this weekend and scored 3:0 in all three Games, tabling my opponents twice by the end of round 3 except for no errätst, they still had 10 Mortek Guard left over. I used this list:

Guess what.pdf

Tactics: Absolute board control. The warchanters keep buffing the ardboys, the weirdnob is in the center providing magical support and teleports. The megaboss stays behind my key unit(s) making it immune to battleshock. The gore gruntas keep my heroes save or sprint for objectives. I won‘t be killed or even threatened (a blob of ardboys has 50 wounds so...)

Scenarios:

1. Falling Stars

2. Focal points? (The one with the objectives that grant VP equal to the turn number)

3. The one in which every „stolen“ objective grants additional vp 

The way the games rolled out: 

iirc I had 20 Waagh points at the start of turn 3 every time, making my entire army hit and wound on 2s. And then I just killed everything. And I killed pretty much anything getting close to me starting with turn one.

Highlights:

- 13 Ardboys killed Petrifex Nagash in one go (Warchanter buff)

- 11 Ardboys killed Archaon in one go (Warchanter buff)

Quickest game vs tempest‘s eye (might have been Greywater fastness). I got the second turn and he tried to shoot out a Warchanter with a great cannon and a helblaster (he failed, the chanter still had 1 wound left xD), the rest of his shots were scattered into the ardboy screen for which I made some high rolls (~ 5“ movement each time). I charged him in my turn one with 2 Warchanter buffed ~ 20 Nodel Ardboy units and by the end of turn 2 (I had the double turn) he was pretty much tabled.

Resume: I doubt my opponents had much fun. Sure it was fun seeing them explode (esp. Archaon), yet this is a game for two, not a single player. Imo the Warchanters need to get a immense price hike or their buff needs to be nerfed.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

58 minutes ago, Kasper said:

@JackStreicher What kind of lists did you play against? Im surprised the Ardboyz can kill a 3+ reroll 1’s Nagash with following FNP saves. I guess he didnt run with the PoN spell?

He rolled a ton of 2s xD

I think it was:

Nagash, 10 Mortek, 20 Mortek, harvester, 5 deathriders, Boneshaper, Bird-Spell, Stalkers

edit: 

Archaon was:

Archi,  sorcerer, 2x 3 Varanguard, 40 Marauders, Chaos Lord on foot, Iron golems

Cuties of Sigmar: hard to tell, the army was heavily converted and only partly painted:

hurricanum with mage, 1x outriders, 1 Great cannon, Helblaster, 20-30 Handgunners, 2x10 irondrakes?runelotd, cogsmith, 20 hammerers

Edited by JackStreicher

Mini report on a local shop tournament I went this weekend with below a double cabbage list. Although small it was a strong event with very experienced players and super-honed lists (in retrospect my list was a bit out of place but I wanted to play 2 cabages for a long time… :)).

I usually play super aggressive IJ lists with multiple mighty destroyers and S&B. This time a decided to try an ”out of character” "slow to erupt" Big Waagh list.

Spoiler

- Mortal Realm: Aqshy

LEADERS 
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Command Trait : Ironclad
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Artefact : Ignax's Scales
- Mount Trait : Weird 'Un
Gordrakk the Fist of Gork (540)
- Mount Trait : Mean 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (110) 
- Warbeat : Fixin' Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Wurrgog Prophet (160) 

- Lore of the Savage Beast : Gorkamorka's War Cry
UNITS
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180) 
- 2 x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180) 
- 2 x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (240)

image.png.907b0f6e70366e7cd6fb26f91cefa786.png

First game against a heavy magic 220 wounds bonespiltters’ list. Scenario was gift from the heavens.  I deployed in banker formation and stayed behind until start of my second round where I hit the 20 Waagh points. Opponent hold also back initially. It became early evident that I could not compete in magic as his casters were all casting dispelling with multiple bonuses. Fortunately his magic damage output was small and he relied mostly on giving bonuses to his units. On my second round I unleased the cabbages and they obliterated anything on their path. It was glorious. Mean-Un’ed Godrack finished 10 pigs in a single round of combat and the other cabbage killed 22 of a 30 man savage orcs with spears. Both received 1 wound in return which promptly healed with SfV. Then at the end of 3th round I did a mistake letting gap in my screens guarding my objective. Opponent  noticed and cleverly super buffed a 10 pig unit, flyed across the board with breath of Gorkamorga and then pulled a 15 inches charge (he needed to roll at least 11 to go past the screens and he rolled 12). I had to win the next initiative to avoid him playing first and stealing the objective. Lost the roll off and we called it since I had no means of catching up on round 5. Major loss. Overall a very fun and positive game against a very competent and cunning opponent.

image.png.a3378c9695035a4feda1cdac2ef1effc.png

Second game was places of arcane power against fyreslayers. The whole game I felt like  a 5 years old skinny boy trying to dent a heavy weight boxing champion. Despite that by the end of the 4rd round I could still “steal the game” if I won the critical priority roll. I lost the priority and lost the game. Dices didn’t help and it was a major loss hands down. Not much to say. I feel fyresayers are a hard counter for us and it always feel an uphill battle against them. Rolling 7 ones on 14 x 2+ saves does not help either 😊. Major Loss and not a very enjoyable game.

image.png.0f0739b472fa110645a59eb856c7ad14.png

Third game was knife to the heart against the new Slaves to Darkness. Never played against them and did not know what to expect. I deployed in a tank position again and waited to hit 20 waagh points in around 2. Then unleased the cabbages and promptly started deleting chaos knights (a unit of 10 wend down in one go). It looked good 😊 At this point I felt pray to my inexperience. Remembering marauders as "something weak"I left Gordrakk exposed. Opponent proceeded teleporting 40 marauders 9 inches away from him and then charging him with an almost guaranteed charge (had no clue new marauders can turn one dice into a 6 automatically). Then all of them hit and wound with full rerolls and extra attacks resulting in 44, -1 rend saves on poor big G. With G out I HAD to win next initiative to retaliate with the other cabbage and remove the big 40 blob. I lost, he charge into my objective and put more models than me inside (I had a unit of 20 ardboyz inside but he managed to put more marauders after combat was resolved). Major Loss. Good game overall lost mainly due to bad decisions and lack of knowledge on my side. I have never seen marauders pulling off tricks like this. I should had absolutely avoid being charged by them. Probably best strategy was to bunker and wait for him to come to me but I was frustrated/ unpatient from the previous game plus  I  totally underestimated marauders . Major loss  but  a fun and educating game.

A bit disappointed overall with the 0-3 …. Your thoughts and advice would be very appreciated by this bruised Megaboss 😂

• Like 1

@Malakree Even though Ethereal Amulet is amazing, I would still consider running a Maw Krusha, maybe with Metalrippers Klaw. In a meta where high armor becomes more common, neg 3 is honestly really crazy. Who cares about rerolling saves if they have to save on a 6, or they simply dont have any armor. Even big boys like Archaon goes to 6+

23 minutes ago, Kasper said:

@Malakree Even though Ethereal Amulet is amazing, I would still consider running a Maw Krusha, maybe with Metalrippers Klaw. In a meta where high armor becomes more common, neg 3 is honestly really crazy. Who cares about rerolling saves if they have to save on a 6, or they simply dont have any armor. Even big boys like Archaon goes to 6+

As I said, Slaughter has banned realm artefacts so no ethereal etc.

Problem with the cabbage in big waaagh! is it just costs to many points imo. The +cast makes the wurrgog prophet a god and you're low on bodies if you don't have the savage orruks available, which I don't.

That said this actually isn't a terrible list.

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Ironclad
- Artefact: Metalrippa's Klaw
- Mount Trait: Mean 'Un
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
- Pig-iron Choppas
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

Battalions
Ardfist (120)

Wounds: 144

5 drops, still has the double warchanter with the big GG/Ardboy blocks.

I'd take Ironclad over brutish cunning I think for the 2+ save on the cabbage.

Edited by Malakree

12 minutes ago, Malakree said:

As I said, Slaughter has banned realm artefacts so no ethereal etc.

Yeah that's why I said Metalrippers Klaw. ;) Since other people wont be able to pick Ethereal either, his neg 3 will only be stronger vs heroes.

13 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Problem with the cabbage in big waaagh! is it just costs to many points imo. The +cast makes the wurrgog prophet a god and you're low on bodies if you don't have the savage orruks available, which I don't.

He is a lot of points and 6 pigs will do as good of a job if not better at killing stuff. I've been debating going with 2x6 pigs too.

The thing you pay for is fly and threat range though. It is the same reason I bring a Weirdnob and teleport spell - You really mess with the opponent. He constantly has to be aware of screening his backend or risk having a unit teleported in. I personally don't even count on getting the teleport off, but it means he cant just shove everything forward. If you see an opening you can sacrifice points for a +2 and hope for it to go off, but alas I never build around it. Maw Krusha with MD covers a lot of ground, so he has to be careful of this too.

18 minutes ago, Malakree said:

5 drops, still has the double warchanter with the big GG/Ardboy blocks.

I'd take Ironclad over brutish cunning I think for the 2+ save on the cabbage.

I think it is a really strong list.

The Wurrgog looks great on paper, but personally I havent had much luck. His warscroll spell is great and the War Cry BS spell looks awesome too. I've just never had them go off where it mattered, so I would personally rather have a Weirdnob with Great Green Visions and Teleport spell. Having the possibility of teleporting a MK/Pigs 12,5" away from something crucial and then MD is just much more devastating than those Wurrgog spells ever can do imo.

I would probably fiddle around with the points. Shave off 5 Ardboyz and make it 15/10/10 and then an Ironfist. Mighty Destroyers is just soo good. :)

2 hours ago, Kasper said:

The Wurrgog looks great on paper, but personally I havent had much luck. His warscroll spell is great and the War Cry BS spell looks awesome too. I've just never had them go off where it mattered, so I would personally rather have a Weirdnob with Great Green Visions and Teleport spell. Having the possibility of teleporting a MK/Pigs 12,5" away from something crucial and then MD is just much more devastating than those Wurrgog spells ever can do imo.

Double cast, CP on 4+, 2 amazing spells, +1 to cast artefact with the potential to burn WP into a +3. That puts you at a CV7 to get the overcast fists which is the most horrific horde clear ever. Combine that with his 7 wounds, +1 WP a turn and actually decent melee stats and I really rate him.

I've just never had them go off where it mattered, so I would personally rather have a Weirdnob with Great Green Visions and Teleport spell. Having the possibility of teleporting a MK/Pigs 12,5" away from something crucial and then MD is just much more devastating than those Wurrgog spells ever can do imo.

I'm not running MD ;) 

It is the same reason I bring a Weirdnob and teleport spell - You really mess with the opponent. He constantly has to be aware of screening his backend or risk having a unit teleported in. I personally don't even count on getting the teleport off, but it means he cant just shove everything forward. If you see an opening you can sacrifice points for a +2 and hope for it to go off, but alas I never build around it. Maw Krusha with MD covers a lot of ground, so he has to be careful of this too.

I threaten the same thing with the Ardfist while the WC is alive and have WAY more potential gain. Other than the HoG the weirdnob is a really mediocre wizard, 1 spell, no extras, one of the crappiest personal spells and an ability which lets you cast said ****** for free. Honestly if I'm taking a weirdnob it's for the Wrath of Gork MW output. averaging ~10 mortal wounds a cast if all 6 units are within range means you can vape big monsters and the like, even with 4 it's still ~6 mortal wounds, that's a complete support character.

When you then consider that Mortek Guard are currently a thing the ability to blow them up with Mortals is massive, or drop the harvester sat behind them resing them.

Played against Grand Host of Nagash yesterday. First time ever seeing Nagash on the table, so wasn't sure what to expect. He had 30 Reapers, 3x10 Chaindudes and a couple of support characters. The 30 Reapers were deployed as a screen in front of Nagash. The Chaindudes spent most of the game trying to zone out his backline due to teleport, and the last unit he tried to sling forward with a gravesite, so he only had 1 layer of screen for Nagash.

Spoiler

- Mortal Realm: Shyish

LEADERS
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Command Trait : Brutish Cunning 
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Artefact :  Ethereal Amulet
- Mount Trait : Weird 'Un

Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh Banner

Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat : Get 'Em Beat

Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat : Fixin' Beat

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- Artefact :  Great Green Visions 
- Lore of the Weird : Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork

UNITS
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Pig-iron Choppas

10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 1 x  Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1 x  Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers

10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)

10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)

BATTALIONS
Ironfist (160)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Extra Command Point (50)

We played the mission with 4 objectives where you deploy in a triangle at the short edges of the table. Both held back in turn 1, nobody really moved since I didn't want to get into range of spell portal + hand of dust. He wins prioirty in turn 2 and decides to go first - Big mistake imo since we were very far apart. Nothing was really done beside a couple of MWs being thrown around and he moved everything up.

With my turn 2 every buff was up and running from Big Waagh and I decided to buff the pigs with warchanter and moved the Orruk Warboss on Boar in position to give them +1 attack and reroll 1s to wound. They charged the Reapers head on and removed every single one of them. My Shaman was outside of 30", so I got a teleport off (sacrificed D6 BW pts for +2 casting and used warchanter buff) with the Ardboyz which killed 10 Chaindudes at his one flank and my Maw Krusha killed another 10 that were slingshotted forward with a gravesite. This left him with 10 Chaindudes that was protecting his other flank, some support characters and of course Nagash himself who now stood around 5" from my hungry piggies. 

I win priority roll with a solid 2 and decides to take it. We fast forward everything because he's obviously dead. So apparently 73 attacks (37 from riders at rend 1, 36 from pigs with no rend) at 2s/2s (rerolling 1s to wound) at 2 damage a pop is in fact enough to completely remove Nagash from the table. Who would have known. 😄 Games over, he can't summon anything back and 880 pts just crumbled.

If he hadn't taken prioirty and decided to go first in turn 2, this wouldn't have happened. I think it was a good game that showcased it isn't always worth it to take prioirty in a new turn, since you set yourself up to being double turned in the following turn. By the end of turn 2 he had lost everything but Nagash, 10 chaindudes and 2 support characters though. Question is if he would've been able to come back anyways. He would have to retreat all his stuff to his backline and spend his single CP on returning the 30 Reapers that would unlikely have been able to charge anything, meanwhile abandoning the 3 other objectives for me to take for at least 2 turns in a row. 

It is another example of Great Green Hand of Gork being so damn good - I got it off, but even if I hadn't, he had to use 2 potential layers of screens to block his backend of the table. If I didn't have the teleport, he could have used the Chaindudes as additional layers. If there were 3 layers of screens between me and Nagash, I would have had a much tougher time getting to him. 

Been playing the same list for a couple of games now and really digging it. It generates the needed amount of Big Waagh points if you spend a single CP.  You start with 3 with a 4+ every turn to get another, which is nice for the Waagh Banner. I've been toying with a lot more magic but feel like I'm spread too thin instead of focusing what we're best at - Smashing peoples face in. You also have 2 Mighty Destroyers which is great. You can get anywhere if you see a vulnerable spot, or if you manage to get a teleport off on the pigs or Maw Krusha, you can 100% secure the charge by placing them 12,5" away, then MD them just outside of 3".

Edited by Kasper
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1