AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

@TheadTheOgorSlayer yeah fair enough. I haven't used Chaos for a long while so not sure how they all work. If I hadn't failed a handful of saves, I think he could have rallied and stomped some more face. The fights last ability that the treelord can generate (and my opponent was on point on that roll all night...) made a big difference too. If I had been able to fight in sequence rather than have to cop it all until last, I think there would have been more kindling for the war fires so to speak. Still, biggest issue was just sending bits and pieces at the opposition and poor deployment (something I am notoriously bad at...)

• Thanks 1

I posted this in the IJ thread but I guess this is were it should go.

I am looking into making the most out of the combat phase while stil bringing mortal wounds for taking out hordes and support heroes. 

The warboss with banner will buff the boys to 11 but I get it that people will recommend not bring him. 

The plan is to keep the gruntas in the back field to stop teleports while still be in range for triggering a pile and attack with ardboys that are in combat. 

Whats your thoughts? 

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)

- General

- Trait: Bursting with Power

- Artefact: Shamanic Skullcape

- Lore of the Weird: Wrath of Gork and Big great hand of Gork 

Orruk Warboss (140)

- Great Waaagh Banner

Orruk Warchanter (110)

- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat

Orruk Warchanter (110)

- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat

Orruk Warchanter (110)

Wurrgog Prophet (160)

- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz

- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry

Battleline

15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)

15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)

10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)

10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)

3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)

- Pig-iron Choppas

Battalions

Ironfist (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs

Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 1

Allies: 0 / 400

Wounds: 152

I think this list is quite good! I like that by including the warboss you’re allowing the Ardboys to hit more like brutes and that you’re generating A minimum 8 WP a turn. 
I would suggest turning 10 Ardboys in 3 more Gruntas but then you’d be losing out with Wrath of Gork

So, good list!

@Skumbaagh definitely seems like you have a nice piece of material here! Personally more armour then I like to see on my orruks but looks like a solid list.

if anything I’d recommend maybe adding a wardokk for the plus 1 to cast if you feel hordes will be an issue. I assume your main horde roaster is the wurgog with casting bonuses to make his spell wound on 4 ups, and plus 1 to the roll can make a lot of difference when you desperately need the spell to cook some rats for instance. I’m biased however as I love the goofy wardokk model!

Are you gonna be playing anytime soon? I’d love to hear the carnage of your waaaagh as it tears thru the mortal realms :) 

@Skumbaagh I would go for the Jagged Gore Hackas over the Choppas. The +1 to hit and wound on the charge is pretty handy if you don't have the Waaagh points buff at that point. Personal preference but if you call a Big Waaagh and lose all your points, could come in handy in a contingency. Outside that, looks pretty strong and I also look forward to hearing about the carnage these boyz wreak on the realms

I played three games today and here are some key notes. 

Warboss on piggy back is bonkers. In a list with 50 ardboys attacking on 2/2/-1/2 per model, adding another 50% or 100% attacks with waagh from the pig and waagh from the big waagh really puts them to 11. Using the big waaghs waagh CA is not something one wants to do until late game when you need to go "broken arrrow", use the warbosses waagh instead! And he got 9" movement too so he is not hard to get were you want him to go. Or you could give him the realmartefact that gives him fly and +4 movement! The passive ability to reroll wound rolls of 1 wholy within 16" is massive too. 

In all three games I had the pigs in my backline to prevent the opponent from droping stuff behind me. Keeping stuff wholy within 12 from the iron fist boss let me move up ardboys or a caster 4 inch or let something attack in the hero phase. With 9 inch move they are quite easy to move up front were the fighting is heaviest or let them move 18+run (if outside of 12 from the enemy) for grabbing objectives. They could be teleported 12" away from an enemy and then moved just 3" from them for an easy charge. 3 models also covers a lot of area in your own back field. Keeping the ironfist pigs alive until late in the game gives you a great tool for a lot of situations. (instead of having six pigs go have themselves killed in T1 or T2. 

Wurgog is quite expensive but with a possible +3 to cast getting that 10 for the horde spell is really darn good! Gorkamorkas warcry is also useful since one doesn't have smashing and bashing. The chance for an extra CP also comes in handy. 

The one thing that on paper looked so good was the thing I had the least use of. Wrath of gork. Early in the game a chance for 10 MW with 22"  range is a real threat but first one has got to succeed with the balewind. I feel like I could easily remove the balewind and change the extra spell for +to cast. The teleport is just so important. 

2 to hit and wound. Wow. No need to put spears on the pigs. 

3 warchanters really was useful in every turn. Having the whole defensive line have 2 damage each is so useful when withstand an all out attack. Even when half a unit of 15 boys dies the rest of them still will hit back really hard when on 2 damage. I wouldnt ever go past 15 models in a unit.

3 warchanters and the wurgog gives you 7 waagh points. The CA gives you another 5. With D6 waagh points you could easily get to 16 for army wide +to hit in the first turn after charging and attacking with 1 or 2 units. One really wants to go to 20 points in the second turn and starting with 7+D6 gives you options to add to casting rolls.

In this list only the heroes are what you need to protect. The boys and pigs can take a beating. Bring a maw krusha or brutes and suddenly screening is much harder. 

I will try some more games but as of now I believe I have a great toolbox for taking on most opponents. The list have answers to hordes and hero sniping, teleport and a lot of bodys with insane damage output. It's only weakness is its not very fast, and sure still no shooting. 😅

• Like 2

First game was Relocation orb vs a city's list with a lot of MW protection and two blocks of Phoenix guard and a unit of shadowwarriors in ambush. +1D6 to cast and the big bird that comes back from death on a 4+. 

I let him go first. He moved up with his bird on the objective (wizards  counts as 20 models). He failed a -1 to hit spell which would have had his bird on a -2 to hit. I rolled a 6 on the waagh for a total of 6+7+5 before charges. Charging and attacking with a block of 15 boys for another 2 waagh gave me a total of 20. With waagh and rerolling 1s to wound the bird got dead. He rolled a 3 and it didn't come back. I had moved up with my other boys and kept the pigs in the back field to protect as much as I could from shadowwarriors. Sure they could have shot down a hero but they would have been too far away from getting charges in. Also I don't mind losing one support character. None of them are essential when the boys have moved up. Ardboys aren't exactly pillowfisted as they used to be now when they hit on 3s base. 

I got the double turn and charged with all I had, rerolling one charge. I had only 1 CP so I positioned the warboss for a covering 32" bouble of waagh and reroll of wounds. Win. 

I'll get back later for the next two games. 

• Like 1

I have had pretty much same experience as you @Skumbaagh

I just did a casual 3 game tournament and Big Waagh feels so good. The 6++ FNP looks weak at first, but the amount of wounds it has saved me throughout the games is crazy.

I have only ever played Ironjawz, but after my last 4 recent games as Big Waagh, Im really not looking back.

At first I didnt like the idea of fielding the Orruk Warboss in Big Waagh because it felt like an obvious loophole, but since they havent fixed it in the recent changes where they had the chance, coupled with the fact most other people I play with are using rather cheesy lists, Im gonna say ****** it. Building the guy on a warboar as I type this. 😂

Edit: In regards to Ironjawz vs Big Waagh, there has been rather few situations where I wished I had Smashing and Bashing. The army wide buffs more than makes up for it imo.

Edited by Kasper
  • Thanks 1

Second game was against slaves to darkness on starstrike. Opposing army was two blobs of 40 marauders, one keyword khorne and the other nurgle. Then there was belakor and two demon princes.  Belakor chose my weirdnob for doing nothing on a roll of 1-4 in round 2 when i wanted to do stuff with him. I threw not one 5+. He on the other hand failed all his teleports during the whole game. 

Before the first battle round he threw belakor onto terrain as well as another deamon prince.  I gave him first turn and he castled up with a small screen in front of one deamon prince. I castled up and killed his small screen while still keeping a good frontal screen for myself. Three units got +1 damage. Since he could teleport one of those blobs of 40 marauders and would charge them at least 8 inch it was important to screen well. Again 3 pigs in the back line having a couple of units of ardboys wholy within 12" would give me the possibility to attack in the hero phase or move them an extra 4" depending on if I would win or loose the roll off. 

The opponent won the roll off but failed his teleport. He instead buffed a unit of marauders with the spell/ability or whatever that makes me get mortal wounds back on hit rolls of 6. (we chose to not make the ability stack since it will be FAQed anyway) Then he attacked my front line with those marauders and captured the star that had landed in the middle of the table {rolled 7). He couldn't get a lot of them into combat since he wanted to keep them wholy within buffs and only killed a few ardboys. Ardboys hit back with 2 damage attacks and killed 17 marauders and also rolled 4 hit rolls of 6 dealing 12 MW onto themselves. Yeay!

My turn 2 I failed teleports, movements and whatever else I wanted to do with the weirdnob since my opponent had chosen him for his special belakor ability and chose to activate his it in turn 2. I threw the horde spell form the wurgog on the blob of marauders I was in combat with, I then attacked them in the hero phase with the ardboys since they were wholy within my pigs which killed off the remaining 23 marauders. This time only a few of them were hurt from rolling sixes to hit which gave them the opportunity to move 1D6 att he end of the hero phase. I rolled a 6 and then moved them another 4" and attacked supporting heroes that previously was behind his now dead screen. On my left flank I moved up 15 boys who also took damned terrain to get them 1D6 further. I moved them up and charged belakor who was in cover in terrain on top of a balewind with ethereal amulet. I ran up three pigs and the warboss to the fallen star and waaghed and then attacked with the 4 remaining boys who were attacking his support heroes and the 15 boys who attacked belakor. 13 boys got into combat with a total of 41 attacks hitting on 2s, rerolling 1s, wounding on 2s but no reroll of those since they were inside of 18" but outside of 16" from the warboss. Belakor saved all but 3 attacks taking 6 damage! One more failed save and he would have been dead. 

Round 3 roll off was won by my opponent who failed teleporting marauders once more. The stars came down on his right side and in the middle of my castle. He killed the four ardboys and threw in one deamon prince on my warboss killing him and another deamon prince charged over my screen and killed my weirdnob who was standing on the fallen star. He didn't get to capture either the middle star or the one on my side but killed both my general and my warboss. On my turn I was capped on waagh points and had only lost a unit of ardboys and I was confident I would win since belakor and 2 deamon princes were in the open. I killed all of them and scored the middle star and the one on my side. The prince who had previously attacked my warboss got killed in my hero phase by my pigs who could then charge his support heroes once more killing two of them. 

Round 4 roll off was won by me and we called it. Another win for the boys! 

• Like 1

Third game was focal points versus the city's list  from the first game. 

I gave him first turn and he castled up and took both objectives on his side and the middle objective and one of my frontal units -2 to hit against his wall of Phoenix guard. On my turn I got bold and 2green puked and teleported a unit of 15 boys to his right side. I sent forward my frontal screen of boys 4" with the pigs iron fist move. If I wouldnt roll high enough on mad as hell i would have wanted to charge both units to strain his line. Luckily I rolled a 3 and got in enough models to capture his right objective without going into combat on that side. My frontal line I just ran up and captured the middle objective instead of going into combat. T1 I successfully cast both the horde killer on a 10+ and wrath of gork but he rolled 5+ both times so nothing happened. 

Had I won the roll off I would have teleported a unit to his left side to capture every objective scoring 8 points but we both rolled 1s. Instead I got my 15 boys on the right side destroyed by his second Phoenix guard unit who took that objective back. His screen of Phoenix guard attacked my front of 15 boys and killed a few of them and took back the middle objective. On my turn I failed my teleport but got 10 ardboys on my left flank and the 3 pigs into combat with his bird that was left protecting his left objective. +3 to charge saved my day and the pigs barely got in as well. The wurgog got off his gorkamorka spell that made the bird fight last too which helped. Warboss was positioned in the middle just behind my ardboys who was in combat and waaghed. Bird got killed and he didn't make the roll to get it back. My right flank boys got into combat in the middle but couldnt shift the Phoenix guard even thou the first unit of boys had attacked in the hero phase and attacked again in the combat phase while waaghed. 

Round 3 I won the roll off and got the double. His big blob of Phoenix guard who has killed my boys on his right side was still sitting there on the objective but too far off to be a threat. His Mages and whatnot was in the open for an attack from the pigs and ardboys on his left side. 

I charged the warboss who was in the middle  around what was left of the Phoenix guard attacking their backside. (I had previously got the spell off to make them fight last.) this would make the warboss waagh and reroll reach my pigs and boys in his back line. I killed the mages and the Phoenix guard in the middle (at last) and won the game. 

Thanks for reading this far and sorry for not presenting my opponents lists, I didn't have them and there were a lot of proxys.

I agree with what Kasper wrote in his post above. The 6+ FNP and ardboys shields chips off a lot of damage. I don't think the warboss is broken, his warscrolls is updated to not stack and be wholy within. There is a lot of broken stuff out there anyway.

If one wants to go faster and more punchy one could bring the vywern instead for rerolling saves and put ethereal amulet on him. 

• Like 1

@Skumbaagh great to hear about your first two victories with the list! 

On another note, this week will be the first test of my 1k list of savage orruks

ill be running:

bonesplitters allegiance

wurgog prophet (general) command trait: great hunter

lore spell: kunnin beast spirits

maniak weirdnob w/ mystic waaaagh paint

lore spell: breath of gorkamorka 

wardokk

lore spell: brutal beast spirits

30 savage orruks w/ savage stikka 

30 savage orruks w/ savage stikka

960/1000

right now I’m stuck on what to add for an endless spell. I’m thinking the prismatic wall if it’s cheap enough for blocking off key choke points and objectives. Or maybe the burning head for rerolls of 1 idk. Or maybe no endless spell.

the plan is very simple for this army. With the amount of wounds and it’s toughness it can take a lot of punishment, with the 8 inch move at the start and the spell a first turn charge is totally possible in a few scenarios. The list will attempt to hold objectives and grind the enemy down and win objectives. So basically picture a nurgle take and hold strategy but with much more offensive positioning. I decided to take the mystic waaagh paint as it’s a 50 percent chance at a double buff, and 5/6 of the time it’ll be at least a little useful so what the heck. Also the slim chance of having a 2 up rerollable armour save sounds kinda fun! Plus a little randomness is orky :)

for 2000 pts I am considering adding the following:

kunnin rukk with 20 arrow boyz

20 savage boarboyz for practically guaranteed first turn charges

EVEN MOAR BOYZ

if I go the MOAR boyz route I’ll be running them as big waaagh as with so many bodies I’ll easily attain oodles of waaagh points

if I go the boars and arrow boyz route the list will gain a powerful alpha strike followed by tons of bodies to hold objectives. I also would keep bonesplitters allegiance and is most likely the one I will choose as it sounds super fun!

9 hours ago, Skumbaagh said:

Third game was focal points versus the city's list  from the first game. 

I gave him first turn and he castled up and took both objectives on his side and the middle objective and one of my frontal units -2 to hit against his wall of Phoenix guard. On my turn I got bold and 2green puked and teleported a unit of 15 boys to his right side. I sent forward my frontal screen of boys 4" with the pigs iron fist move. If I wouldnt roll high enough on mad as hell i would have wanted to charge both units to strain his line. Luckily I rolled a 3 and got in enough models to capture his right objective without going into combat on that side. My frontal line I just ran up and captured the middle objective instead of going into combat. T1 I successfully cast both the horde killer on a 10+ and wrath of gork but he rolled 5+ both times so nothing happened. 

Isnt that 3 spells from the Weirdnob though? From what I recall the free Green Puke is at the end of the hero phase, so after a unit has been teleported already.  Been looking at ways to do teleport and give the Ardboyz mad as hell move, but doesnt seem possible beside Endless spells or giving weirdnob 2 casts and spend one on normal puke.

Swapping armies this weekend and I will be taking Orruks Warclans. Thinking of playing my first game with Big Waagh allegiance...

Maw-Krusha 

Warchanter

Warchanter

Weirdnob Shaman

Wurrgog Prophet

Gore-Grunta x 3

Gore-Grunta x3

Ardboys x 15

Brutes x 10

Battalion: Ironfist

1980 pts

130 wounds 

Do you think this is too character heavy? 

Edited by Gibs

4 hours ago, Kasper said:

Isnt that 3 spells from the Weirdnob though? From what I recall the free Green Puke is at the end of the hero phase, so after a unit has been teleported already.  Been looking at ways to do teleport and give the Ardboyz mad as hell move, but doesnt seem possible beside Endless spells or giving weirdnob 2 casts and spend one on normal puke.

Oh you are right about that. Had I played it the right way I would just have skipped wrath of gork since he had so much protection from MW (4+) and spells (5+). Good call thou. I rarely use green Puke either way. 

4 hours ago, Gibs said:

Swapping armies this weekend and I will be taking Orruks Warclans. Thinking of playing my first game with Big Waagh allegiance...

Maw-Krusha 

Warchanter

Warchanter

Weirdnob Shaman

Wurrgog Prophet

Gore-Grunta x 3

Gore-Grunta x3

Ardboys x 15

Brutes x 10

Battalion: Ironfist

1980 pts

130 wounds 

Do you think this is too character heavy? 

Totally depends on how you play. Personally Id bring either more pigs for a fast list in ironsunz or more ardboys in big waagh. 

Taking some inspiratio from Andrew and Skumbaagh, I'll be toying around with this list:

Spoiler

Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General
- Trait: Brutish Cunning
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh Banner

Battleline
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Pig-iron Choppas
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)

Battalions
Ardfist (120)

Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 148

I'm not entirely sold on Ardfist, but I think it can give some sustain in longer matches and it also messes with the opponent, since removing a unit of Ardboyz could very well result in them returning from a board edge in an ambush style, or for grabbing objectives.

6 pigs buffed by a Warchanter + Warboss with his banner aura + extra attacks CA will shred anything to pieces. Ardboyz with the same buffs will also mince most stuff.

There is a fair bit of magic in the list and with a Wurrgog on Balewind you're looking at picking off at big horde units from 30" away or fight last vs nasty units from 24".

I'm not too sold on the Megaboss on foot and if Ardfist doesn't feel good, I might trash both and go for more Ardboyz and an Ironfist batallion. I'm a bit worried that I'm spread too thin with this list but testing will show that. :D

• Like 1

I like it. My thoughts are that the Ironfist give you either more movement or fighting power instead of bringing boys back later game. And the 4+ kills it for me. On the other hand, the Ardfist is cheaper and brings your drops down and also sets a bulls eye on a warchanter which draws the attention away from the warboss and weirdnob.

IMO Megaboss is too expensive to bring just for the mighty destroyers ability since he has no other use.

In the games I have played so far there was most often turns when I needed three +1 damage units. Either for a defensive screening or when going all out attack. The extra waagh energy sold the triple warchanter. On the other hand I never tried bringing only two either... 

21 hours ago, Skumbaagh said:

I like it. My thoughts are that the Ironfist give you either more movement or fighting power instead of bringing boys back later game. And the 4+ kills it for me. On the other hand, the Ardfist is cheaper and brings your drops down and also sets a bulls eye on a warchanter which draws the attention away from the warboss and weirdnob.

IMO Megaboss is too expensive to bring just for the mighty destroyers ability since he has no other use.

In the games I have played so far there was most often turns when I needed three +1 damage units. Either for a defensive screening or when going all out attack. The extra waagh energy sold the triple warchanter. On the other hand I never tried bringing only two either... 

The 4+ on Ardfist isnt ideal, but without a Maw Krusha I dont see as much value in multiple MDs tbh. It will mostly go on the pigs. On average I should get at least 1 unit back, which is gonna mess with my opponent.

It could be trash and never happen, but there will be games where I roll 2-3 4’s and it will likely win me the game right there and then.

Im not sold on the Megaboss either, but gonna give him a spin.

Its very rare I have more than 2 units in combat at a time due to lack of Smashing and Bashing or other ways of striking first. I havent tried yet where the Warchanters got shot off the table early game. The extra BW pts is certainly nice, but this list will already give me the 6++ on turn 1 which Im happy about.

Have a tournament this Saturday and thought about trying this out. After reading some posts decided to try out the Orruk Warboss.

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Trait: Master of the Weird
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- Artefact: Shamanic Skullcape
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh Banner
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
30 x Orruk Ardboys (540)
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2490 / 2500
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 500
Wounds: 202

This will give me 13 Waaagh points even before the D6 roll.

I actually own more Brutes than Ardboyz. I'd like more GGs but the 3 pigs is mostly for objective grabbing and throwing out MD. 

I figure a 30 block of boyz will be hard to ignore giving time for 3x10 unit of Brutes to move up. Either way any of those with Warchant buff should do some work. 

I actually thought about dropping the extra command point for Emerald Lifestream. Theres a 1/3 chance to bring back a Brute and 1/2 for an Ardboy.

Or even dropping the Weirdknob for 3 more pigs. Losing the teleport sucks but I do have the GGs for mobility and I like to keep my army together.

I'm also trying to decide between this list and one with double MK.

Edited by ShaneHobbes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ShaneHobbes said:

Have a tournament this Saturday and thought about trying this out. After reading some posts decided to try out the Orruk Warboss.

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Trait: Master of the Weird
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- Artefact: Shamanic Skullcape
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh Banner
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
30 x Orruk Ardboys (540)
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2490 / 2500
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 500
Wounds: 202

This will give me 13 Waaagh points even before the D6 roll.

I actually own more Brutes than Ardboyz. I'd like more GGs but the 3 pigs is mostly for objective grabbing and throwing out MD. 

I figure a 30 block of boyz will be hard to ignore giving time for 3x10 unit of Brutes to move up. Either way any of those with Warchant buff should do some work. 

I actually thought about dropping the extra command point for Emerald Lifestream. Theres a 1/3 chance to bring back a Brute and 1/2 for an Ardboy.

Or even dropping the Weirdknob for 3 more pigs. Losing the teleport sucks but I do have the GGs for mobility and I like to keep my army together.

I'm also trying to decide between this list and one with double MK.

Big waagh scales really nice in 2500p games indeed! 

Something to consider when removing the teleport is the threat of it. Especially in big waagh when you can add to your casting roll. Your opponent must cover his flanks at all times which is costly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skumbaagh said:

Big waagh scales really nice in 2500p games indeed! 

Something to consider when removing the teleport is the threat of it. Especially in big waagh when you can add to your casting roll. Your opponent must cover his flanks at all times which is costly. 

That's a good point! I think I'll keep him just for that alone. The tournament is actually an Escalation one so first round is 1500, next 2000 and last 2500. 1500 round is gonna be rough. 

So I played my list vs Slaanesh with 1 Keeper, Archaon, Sorc on foot and daemonettes. I lost, but it was rather close, even though I screwed up my deployment and he also played Excess of Violence completely wrong - He played it like you could use a CP and fight right away, instead of waiting for his turn to pick a unit to activate with. Having both a Keeper and Archaon piling in twice before you really get to do anything is rather insane. :D The game would've been different if he had used the Keeper CA correctly. 

I managed to charge Archaon with 10 Ardboyz buffed with the Warboss and Warchanter. They chopped him down to 2 wounds remaining. If only a couple more could've gotten into melee with him. It's so insane when they hit on 2s, wound on 2s, reroll 1s to wound with 3 attacks and 2 damage each!

I really miss not having a Maw Krusha to shoot off into a vulnerable position. But I guess I just need to learn that Ardboyz fully buffed will almost munch anything, so should be a lot more aggressive with them. In general I think it is a mistake hanging back.

I used the Balewind on my Wurrgog which is also a waste. He already casts 2 spells, no need for a third. If I had casted it on my Weirdnob, he would've been able to puke and teleport a unit, almost securing a charge.

Edited by Kasper
  • Like 1

Hey guys, I keep reading about the Orruks Warboss and I looked up on eBay to try to find one. Are you guys using resin models for it? They seem to be discontinued officially, etc. What's your experience with them? Also, is it worth it to get one?

Edited by Jabbuk