AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

Some people just enjoy being mad :) 

Personally, I'm wondering if there's any real reason to go non-Clan Bonesplitterz, since the bonuses for the subfactions are all just really solid and there are few real downsides. It's not like Stormcast where you miss out on Staunch Defenders and have to take crappy artifacts, all the ones given are pretty good and there doesn't seem to be a "can't miss" trait.

Yeah I think that's fair.  Drakkfoot still seems the standout to me, but they're all relevant and useful.

You got any early builds in mind?

19 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

The following is where my head is at. I like to play symmetric armies. I would front line the 8 stabbas. 3 boar casters 6in back to be out of 30. Front line the Boss and the Prophet with 20 arrows on each flank. 30 Boyz behind the 8 stabbas. Probably strung in lines across my zone to stop deep strikers and such. 5in move half the units pre game.

If my opponent deploys poor and gives t1 I think I can alpha the buffed stabbas and win most games (Probably won half of all my games this way with 2 FLs doing this back in there day). If you are playing someone good I think you have all of the tools needed to play the mission (and I would not alpha).

100    Sav boss
    Drakkfoot clan Artifact
120    Boar mage
    Breath of Gorkamorka
120    Boar mage
    Bone Spirit
120    Boar mage
    Brutal Beast Spirits
160    Prophet
    Drakkfoot clan Trait
    Mork's Boney Bitz
    Gorkamorka's War Cry
300    30 Sav boyz
400    8 Big Stabbas
240    20 Sav arrowz in krukk
240    20 Sav arrowz in krukk

140    Krukk
    Drakkfoot clan

50    CP

Edited by svnvaldez

@svnvaldez yeah I like that.  I go back and forward between wanting to take the Kunnin Rukk, and thinking I don't need it because of the free Allegiance move.  

So it kinda comes down to 30-block units vs reduced drops...it might come down to whether I can get the rest of my list down for the drops to matter.  

Overall I like the new Kunnin Rukk, it's a tool within your army rather than the whole army.  Pretty cool I think.

I mentioned this in the Bonesplitterz thread too, but I think I saw that the max unit size on Big Stabbas is now 4?  Which is a shame if so.

Really cool to see 30x Savage Orruks making their way into lists now!  

Drakkfoot is my go-to currently too, they all have merit though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Yeah I think that's fair.  Drakkfoot still seems the standout to me, but they're all relevant and useful.

I'm holding off a bit to see if how the Rogue Idol is pointed and if he changes too much. Just built mine and want to see how to use him.

I'm really feeling Icebone with 30 Arrowboyz, 30 Savage Orruks, 10 Morboyz. My meta does have enough Nurgle to warrant Drakkfoot, but tbh I feel there's enough weight of dice already and it doesn't do much against something like Blightcyst, even with the Harbinger. Maybe if we had any DoK players, I'd feel different. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

@svnvaldez yeah I like that.  I go back and forward between wanting to take the Kunnin Rukk, and thinking I don't need it because of the free Allegiance move.  

So it kinda comes down to 30-block units vs reduced drops...it might come down to whether I can get the rest of my list down for the drops to matter.  

Overall I like the new Kunnin Rukk, it's a tool within your army rather than the whole army.  Pretty cool I think.

I mentioned this in the Bonesplitterz thread too, but I think I saw that the max unit size on Big Stabbas is now 4?  Which is a shame if so.

Really cool to see 30x Savage Orruks making their way into lists now!  

Drakkfoot is my go-to currently too, they all have merit though.

Fear not, big stabbas max unit is 8. Got my book earlier than expected (don't ask me how or why, I have no idea but I'm not complaining).

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Shamelessly stealing 90% of this list from something @Malakree posted in the IJ thread:

Total: 1940

Gordrakk - 540

WC - 110

Ardfist - 680
- 5x5 Ardboyz
- WC

Gorefist - 610
- 3x3 GG

This is 4 drops and gives you 4 CP on turn 1. It guarantees 12 Waaagh Points on turn 1 (factoring in 'Ere we Go) and 20 on turn 2 with a good chance of hitting 24 on turn 2.
The 5x5 Ardboyz give you a ton of map coverage and the opportunity to bring back a 10-man unit with the Ardfist. The Gorefist lets you own the map on turn 1, either setting you up for a turn 1 charge, threatening a charge, or grabbing objectives.

Thoughts?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/1/2019 at 4:43 AM, Chunk said:

You can play casually and still get all the rules right.

MWG's issue has nothing to do with them being casual and everything to do with them not reading the rules properly.

While I don't really watch them for that exact same reason, I will say in defense of MWG their channel is very spread out in what games they cover. 40k, AoS, WHFB, Warcry, Necromunda, Mordheim, Gorkamorka, Frostgrave, Gaslands, Warmachine, Wasteland Warfare, etc, etc. They play a ton of different game systems and switch between them fairly regularly, instead of being familiar in a few. That's why they get rules wrong a lot more often than other channels. I wouldn't be able to remember the full rules to a dozen different games.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Caffran101 said:

Can someone who is better at maths theorise whether its best to use the Big WAAAGH +1 attack ability whenever you can?

Or is +1 to hit and wound rolls better (5/6 chance of losing this buff when you Big Waaaaagh). 

Da Big Waaagh doesn't make you lose your Waaagh points until the end of the combat phase. For the whole phase, you will have all three: +1 to hit, +1 to wound, and +1 attacks.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

I don't have my book yet so I don't know how you can mix Bonesplitters and Ironjawz. But is it possible to go more Bonesplitters but still have the Ironjaws goodies? And if so how would you do that best? 😊

There is a third allegiance option "Da Big Waaagh!" which can be selected INSTEAD of Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz.

Your allegiance ability becomes Waaagh! Points which stacks up giving you stacking passive bonuses as it increases. You also have the ability to spend varying amounts for one off bonuses.

The following bonuses as things you can Don't get if you take this allegiance and not the Ironjawz, no matter how many points you build up.

1. Smashing and Bashing
  2. Mighty Destroyers.

That said there is a niche case where if you take an Ironfist technically you get a single use of Mighty Destroyers each turn from the Ironfist Boss.

Edited by Malakree
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Malakree said:

There is a third allegiance option "Da Big Waaagh!" which can be selected INSTEAD of Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz.

Your allegiance ability becomes Waaagh! Points which stacks up giving you stacking passive bonuses as it increases. You also have the ability to spend varying amounts for one off bonuses.

The following bonuses as things you can Don't get if you take this allegiance and not the Ironjawz, no matter how many points you build up.

1. Smashing and Bashing
  2. Mighty Destroyers.

That said there is a niche case where if you take an Ironfist technically you get a single use of Mighty Destroyers each turn from the Ironfist Boss.

Thank you 😊 

Gordrakk

2x warchanters

2x 5 man ardboyz 

2x 10 man Ardboyz

ardfist battalion

30 arrowboyz

maniak wierdnob

Savage big boss

turn 1 starts with 16 waaagh points with ere we go ere we go. 

Theory is if your in range on turn 1 arrowboyz can shoot 90 shots 3+ 4+ exploding into two hits on sixes. 

Turn 2 with some liberal command point usage  you can jump them to 2+ 3+ exploding into three hits on sixes. So average of 105 hits and give or take 65 wounds. Rend 1 on a monster. Meanwhile rest of army is on 2+ 2+ with massive damage.

need to play with it more to see how effective it is, but on paper looks devastating.

7 hours ago, Malakree said:

1. Smashing and Bashing
  2. Mighty Destroyers.

Is it confirmed that you can use the Ironfist's Mighty Destroyers in a Big Waaagh army? I was looking for a ruling on this and couldn't find anything analogous .

44 minutes ago, Belmail said:

How are your arrows hitting so well? The most they should hit on is 4+. Big waaagh does not affect ranged attacks.

Your right my bad, I glossed over the melee only for both big waagh and Warchanter. So 4s and 4s is the best they can do. Better to go with maniak boar boyz

31 minutes ago, Incredebilis said:

So can you not take Gordrakk in an Ironjawz Warclan since he can't recieve a command trait or ability?

You can take Gordrakk in the warclans, and he will also recieve the warclan keyword.

rules state:

"If your army is an Ironjawz army... All Ironjawz units in your army gain that keyword"

Gordrakk got the Ironjawz keyword so he is eligible.

First off he doesn't have to be the general. Secondly if he is the general you just don't get the benefits of the trait.

In Ironsunz your general only gets the trait if he's an Ironsunz Megaboss. if you have any other hero as your general you can just pick your trait from the list.
For the other two clans it works just like with other sub-faction traits; your general is forced the trait unless it's a named character in which case you don't get it at all.

• Thanks 1

If you bring a weirdnob shaman for ironsunz always make him the general, even if you take the trait for d3 command points, it is still vastly superior to a megaboss general just getting that 1 CP trait. I think for Ironsunz that alone makes me always take a shaman for that clan for this reason, probably giving him the trait to cast 2 spells and know 2 spells and giving him the +1 cast relic in smaller games without more artifacts. Now you have a rather potent caster general with 2 spells + puke all with +1 to cast, not too bad.

The Ironsunz armor on a megaboss is not a terrible artifact though, but not the best use of an artifact either.

• Like 1