AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

Just now, Ossyan said:

Greenskinz are in the Pitched Battle Profiles book and so still usable and The Great Waaagh works for all orruks.  That might change in the GHB 2020 but for now Greenskinz are legit.

Does the great WAAAGH! Say you can take any Orruk unit or does it say you can take ironjawz/Bonesplitterz. The exact wording is crucial here.

26 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Does the great WAAAGH! Say you can take any Orruk unit or does it say you can take ironjawz/Bonesplitterz. The exact wording is crucial here.

Big Waaagh can ally with Gitz, IJ can ally with BS and Gitz, BS can ally with IJ and Gitz. GMG talks about it at 39:28

6 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Big Waaagh can ally with Gitz, IJ can ally with BS and Gitz, BS can ally with IJ and Gitz. GMG talks about it at 39:28

The question is actually whether greenskinz can be used in DBW. If it says "Orruks" then the bannerboss is currently legal to use in it. If it says IJ and BS then it's not despite the fact that the bannerboss is legal for GA:Destruction 

4 minutes ago, Ossyan said:

Would they not have updated the warcrolls/keywords on Greenskins this past Saturday with all of the Orrukk/CoS stuff? It just seems pretty unlikely to me that they would change them a week later. Maybe I'm just too darn hopeful. 

I guess theoretically they could also just update the battletome itself in a FAQ/errata to say "only IJ and BS." I don't know enough about everything to see if straight up removing the Orruk keyword would be a bigger hassle than just changing the wording on the Big Waaaah itself 

2 minutes ago, Ossyan said:

Would they not have updated the warcrolls/keywords on Greenskins this past Saturday with all of the Orrukk/CoS stuff? It just seems pretty unlikely to me that they would change them a week later. Maybe I'm just too darn hopeful. 

As the Greenskinz warboss has an AoS warscroll and gbh 2019 points it is legal and will remain so until they say otherwise OR gbh2020 whichever comes first.

As I said above. It depends on the exact wording of the allegiance inclusion rules. Personally I expect it to be unusable in any of the warclans allegiances.

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

As the Greenskinz warboss has an AoS warscroll and gbh 2019 points it is legal and will remain so until they say otherwise OR gbh2020 whichever comes first.

As I said above. It depends on the exact wording of the allegiance inclusion rules. Personally I expect it to be unusable in any of the warclans allegiances.

From viewing the GMG video, it seems to say that Big Waaagh units must have Orruk, so currently Greenskinz are usable. We'll see what that means in the coming days, however.

3 minutes ago, Requizen said:

From viewing the GMG video, it seems to say that Big Waaagh units must have Orruk, so currently Greenskinz are usable. We'll see what that means in the coming days, however.

I have a hard time imagining that this will remain in place. There are so many +1 hit buffs that a 1CP attack multiplier just seems like it'd scale way too easily. There's a pretty good reason that the IJ's Waaagh is once per game and the Big Waaagh's Waaagh is very costly.

It'd be great if they stayed, but they'd be as much of an auto-include as Warchanters - completely outclassing other options.

17 minutes ago, TALegion said:

I have a hard time imagining that this will remain in place. There are so many +1 hit buffs that a 1CP attack multiplier just seems like it'd scale way too easily. There's a pretty good reason that the IJ's Waaagh is once per game and the Big Waaagh's Waaagh is very costly.

It'd be great if they stayed, but they'd be as much of an auto-include as Warchanters - completely outclassing other options.

Fudge that, I'll take 30 Ardboys with a WC and the Orruk Bannerboss. Get up to 20 Waaagh! points and pop 2 extra attacks. 120 attacks at 2+/2+/-1/2...yeah sounds balanced.

I definitely think that Warclans has shifted IJ/BS away from the design space that Greenskinz now occupy, with one-use and wholly within command abilities, but at the same time... I don't think it would be a prevailing strategy or particularly overwhelming. There are so many command abilities in Warclans, even moreso in The Mighty Waaagh, that I can't imagine dumping them all into a Greenskinz Warboss is going to happen. +1 to hit, movement, 6s dealing two hits, re-rolling 1s to hit, re-rolling charges, bravery, etc, etc. 

Greenskinz are really abusive with their command abilities in GA Destruction, with Skragrott as a general generating d3 per turn and as many fungoids as possible generating more. You can slide 30 Orrucks and a Warboss into Gloomspite as allies in 2k games and see how comical the command ability can get but neither of these are tourney winning strats. They're probably not even good. 

Re-rolling wounds of 1 in an aura for 140pts is significant I guess, but you have to consider the worth of 140pts. A Warchanter can grant +1 damage and +1 to hit for 110pts, plus they generate 2 waaagh pts. 

I think it's great Greenskinz are included by a probable oversight. 

28 minutes ago, Floom said:

I definitely think that Warclans has shifted IJ/BS away from the design space that Greenskinz now occupy, with one-use and wholly within command abilities, but at the same time... I don't think it would be a prevailing strategy or particularly overwhelming. There are so many command abilities in Warclans, even moreso in The Mighty Waaagh, that I can't imagine dumping them all into a Greenskinz Warboss is going to happen. +1 to hit, movement, 6s dealing two hits, re-rolling 1s to hit, re-rolling charges, bravery, etc, etc. 

Greenskinz are really abusive with their command abilities in GA Destruction, with Skragrott as a general generating d3 per turn and as many fungoids as possible generating more. You can slide 30 Orrucks and a Warboss into Gloomspite as allies in 2k games and see how comical the command ability can get but neither of these are tourney winning strats. They're probably not even good. 

Re-rolling wounds of 1 in an aura for 140pts is significant I guess, but you have to consider the worth of 140pts. A Warchanter can grant +1 damage and +1 to hit for 110pts, plus they generate 2 waaagh pts. 

I think it's great Greenskinz are included by a probable oversight. 

I'd really love to have Greenskinz in a Big Waaagh army just so they have a legitimate place to stay. Idk if it's completely OP, but a Big Waaagh army with:

-Gordrakk

-3 warchanters

- 3 GG units in a Gorefist with Gore-Hackas

- A greenskin boss

- and 2 CP (used on Gordrakk's buff and 2 Waaaghs)

is a likely turn-1 charge with 16 attacks at 2+/2+/-1/2 and 18 attacks at +2/+3/-/2 per unit (assuming they all get in). This averages 22 damage at rend -1 and 20 damage at rend -0 per unit. This could be super devastating turn 1, and turn 2 gets better for Big Waaagh armies because you'll be guaranteed to have 20 points for the permanent +1 to hit and +1 wound buffs.

This is only like 1200 points total and can be buffed with either more GGs, more CP for more Waaaghs, weirdnobs, etc.

A MWG Battep is up.

ironjawz steamrolled an entire Slaanesh Army within 1 1/2 turns.

warchanters +1 dmg is so absurdly broken combined with the volume of attacks and all these crazy abilities

I hope they played them fundamentally wrong... otherwise: *shelfing my orruks*

nope, thx but nope 

Edited by JackStreicher

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

A MWG Battep is up.

ironjawz steamrolled an entire Slaanesh Army within 1 1/2 turns.

warchanters +1 dmg is so absurdly broken combined with the volume of attacks and all these crazy abilities

I hope they played them fundamentally wrong... otherwise: *shelfing my orruks*

nope, thx but nope 

So why not play with no warchanters then? If they make the army that broken, then find other ways to play them. Play Big Waaaagh and play with a lot of bone splittaz? You can find ways to tone down the army. 

@JackStreicher How did that even happen when Locus is a thing, and Ironjawz bleed Depravity?

The only way I can think of is that Slaanesh went first and flung all their Battleline out to die without any support, thereby leaving their Heroes unscreened to be picked off afterwards.

i.e. deliberately or accidentally played right into the IJ hands, and making them look good.

8 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

A MWG Battep is up.

I realise this is a bit harsh and not something which should ordinarily be posted on here.

MWG are bad. They are meh teir players making content for "casuals".

As casual watching it's fine. For a commentary on the state of the game or strength of various factions they are pointless.

• Like 1