AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

6 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

he point is that 20 shootas for 240 points would kill Gotrek which costs 520 pts. That is what I call unfair, same goes for Morathi.

Why? Theyre is already ton of units that hit like train and kill everything without special ability. 40 Plague monk cost 280 pts and schred anything in the game.  20 demonette (240) killed my Krusha in a game  (420) . On the other hand, i had 5 brutes (170) killing 300-400 pts of stuff in a lot of game. 

That kind of statement is not going anywere. 

Tough I agree GW missed the boat as they should have limited ward save to 1 since at least 2 general handbook release.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

that is nonsense, this is also no counter unit but a COUNTER FACTION that No-brainer massacres entire factions. It‘s hilarious how you are even trying to defend the biggest design fault in AoS 2.0 apart from the always strikes first shenanigans.

“very healthy“: I want to play Nighthaunt, oops, I am dead. Same goes for Nurgle. - VERY healthy indeed.

Its a sub-faction but I agree that factions shouldn't counter factions, but thats pretty unavoidable if you want distinct and unique factions. Oh you want to play rend heavy list against Nighthaunt? Ops I am dead. Same thing. Bonesplitterz didn't have a lot of rend, so if that stands then it should have limited effect on the match up anyway, meaning it will mainly affect save-after-save units. That you think drakkfoot "No-brainer massacres" other factions when you haven't even seen a single warscroll is beyond ridiculous. 

13 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

this is my last word on this since power-Fan  arguments are beginning to rise in defense of GW, as usual.

Then why are you in the discussion part of a forum if you are unwilling to discuss things? If you want to be taken even remotely seriously you might want to drop the whole "Im right, everyone else is just a GW fan-boi"-shtick.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

That‘s still no valid argument as to WHY GW adds such a rule that robs the fun of 3 factions? (Nurgle Demons, Nurgle mortale, Nighthaunt)

@umpac that is nonsense, this is also no counter unit but a COUNTER FACTION that No-brainer massacres entire factions. It‘s hilarious how you are even trying to defend the biggest design fault in AoS 2.0 apart from the always strikes first shenanigans.

“very healthy“: I want to play Nighthaunt, oops, I am dead. Same goes for Nurgle. - VERY healthy indeed.

this is my last word on this since power-Fan  arguments are beginning to rise in defense of GW, as usual.

There's plenty of counter factions though? Hard shooting with interception (Anvilstrike, certain Free Peoples builds) are counters to things like Khorne or Ironjawz that have no choice but to run straight into melee. Deep Strike Alpha armies are  counters to armies that are squishy and positional dependent, such as many IDK builds. Etc.

This is healthy for a game with lots of moving parts and options. If you are playing Nurgle and your only plan is "survive with Disgustingly Resilient", then you will be hard countered by this. But if you design your Nurgle list in such a way that you have redundant options that don't rely on DR - such as Plague Monk blobs, or blasting out lots of -hit options - it will only counter part of your strategy.

Also lol this doesn't "counter" Nighthaunt. There's literally 1 unit with Rend in Bonesplitterz, Big Stabbas. (Not counting Heroes, who are only ok at killing). Shootas will reduce Nighthaunt Etheral saves by... nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

That‘s still no valid argument as to WHY GW adds such a rule that robs the fun of 3 factions? (Nurgle Demons, Nurgle mortale, Nighthaunt)

@umpac that is nonsense, this is also no counter unit but a COUNTER FACTION that No-brainer massacres entire factions. It‘s hilarious how you are even trying to defend the biggest design fault in AoS 2.0 apart from the always strikes first shenanigans.

A smart player will figure out Nighthaunt or Nurgle lists that can withstand this and possibly win.

Big waaagh

If I remember correctly, 6 waagh points give plus to casting, 8 plus to charge, or vice versa

Gordrakk give 6 waaagg points a turn

Warchanter give 2 points

Warchanters ability is now +1 dmg

Ardboys streamlined, one attack profile, 2 atk 3s 3s -1 1dmg

Innard bursting bellow now 6 attack 1 dmg

Gordrakks mawkrushas fist and tail now 1 attack profile, 9atk 3s 3s -2 2dmg

Destructive bulk now damages when charge a unit in cover

One of the mawkrusha mount traits is ignore spell on 4+

Megaboss's old waaagh ability is now an ironjawz faction ability

Ironjawz keeping mighty destroyers and smashing and bashing

In a big waaagh IJ and BS can still take their faction specific artifacts 

Only concerning note, the designer said can only fit 3 mawkrushas in a list

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, PlayerJ said:

Big waaagh

If I remember correctly, 6 waagh points give plus to casting, 8 plus to charge, or vice versa

Warchanter give 2 points

Additionally, Rogue Idol seems to have gained Orruk, Bonesplitterz, and Ironjawz keywords, making it a very lucrative piece to take now!

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 hours ago, PlayerJ said:

Big waaagh

Warchanter give 2 points

Thanks for this! I missed the 4:15 reveal and was wondering if anyone else had more information or if this is what they mainly revealed. I saw the very end of the battle report and the new Strength from Victory looks majorly good! Also, with chanter buff it seems like the stacking attacks will be from a few different abilities etc versus just stacking them all for one turn. Honestly, that makes me so happy. Last game a I played with aetherquartz I got 9 additional attacks on my waaagh and just decimated my buddies army and when you play those friendly games it just feels so cheap and not really rewarding to do that to a friend. 
cant wait for this book!!!!

13 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

If you play Nighthaunt for Ethereal and the 6++, you are ignoring 80% of the entire army.

• Haha 1

It’s not like they won’t get their any save though. They’ll get a 4+ but it can just be rended (that’s how I see it working anyway). 

And Bonesplitterz as I see them don’t REALLY have good rend. So NH shouldn’t be affected too much. 

Its the armies with 5++/4++ after saves that’ll be impacted the most (Plaguebearers, Hearthguard etc). But again, it’s not like they won’t have ANY regular armour save 

not the end of the world is my opinion 

2 hours ago, Lanoss said:

It’s not like they won’t get their any save though. They’ll get a 4+ but it can just be rended (that’s how I see it working anyway). 

And Bonesplitterz as I see them don’t REALLY have good rend. So NH shouldn’t be affected too much. 

Its the armies with 5++/4++ after saves that’ll be impacted the most (Plaguebearers, Hearthguard etc). But again, it’s not like they won’t have ANY regular armour save 

not the end of the world is my opinion 

Ironically I noticed that it's not optional and so could be detrimental in some situations as it actually means that nighthaunt would benefit from cover against drakfoot units.

So if you have a 0 rend unit the ability would INCREASE the save of nighthaunt units.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Eevika said:

I have a nurgle list with 0 dpr. Am I doing something wrong?

No not at all.

I know of a few nurgle players who dislike daemons, and usually play without them.

not having any after-saves isn’t really that bad for them either.

your mortal batttleline units will be anyways very hard to kill with their 4wounds each. 

13 hours ago, PlayerJ said:

Big waaagh

Warchanter give 2 points

Hold up...Ardboys with rend now? Time for some Iron Tide list building depending on new points

• Malakithe changed the title to AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion
2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Hold up...Ardboys with rend now? Time for some Iron Tide list building depending on new points

Well 2 atks with 1 rend was the big choppa statline so they always had that, just 1 better To Hit (3+ instead of 4+). So they basically lost the option for dual wielding / shields, but gained +1 to hit.

Edited by umpac

2 hours ago, umpac said:

Well 2 atks with 1 rend was the big choppa statline so they always had that, just 1 better To Hit (3+ instead of 4+). So they basically lost the option for dual wielding / shields, but gained +1 to hit.

Not necessarily. Even with just one profile they might have special abilities for the shield and double weapons. Its just streamlined like the Megaboss now 

11 hours ago, Malakree said:

Ironically I noticed that it's not optional and so could be detrimental in some situations as it actually means that nighthaunt would benefit from cover against drakfoot units.

So if you have a 0 rend unit the ability would INCREASE the save of nighthaunt units.

I don't understand your statement. Why wouldn't NH units benefit from cover against Bonesplitterz as usual? Why is this worth mentioning in this context?

14 minutes ago, Bayul said:

I don't understand your statement. Why wouldn't NH units benefit from cover against Bonesplitterz as usual? Why is this worth mentioning in this context?

Ethereal ignores modifications to armor rolls in either direction, so Nighthaunt never get +1 from Cover.

• Thanks 1