Favourite (visually) Warcry Warband

Kyriakin

Favourite (visually) Warcry Warband?  

323 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite (visually) Warcry Warband?

• Iron Golems (scuba ones)
    • Untamed Beasts (ones with furs and a lion)
    • Splintered Fang (snakey ones)
    • Corvus Cabal (birdy ones)
    • The Unmade (weird torn-flesh ones)
    • Cypher Lords (spartain-geisha ones)

Untamed beasts, they are the closest to my Norsca barbarians from the world that was.

I already have a few converted marauders with fur and animal skulls on their shoulders, that i had started 1,5 year back and put on hold to see if we actually see anything new with Darkoath, so these will fit my future army.

Edited by Infernalslayer
  • Like 2

For me Untamed Beasts as well. I am going to modify some bits, but they have already a great variety with the muscle guys and the leaner one (+ the beast).  And it is easy to combine them with a lot of existing Darkoath or other barbarians. 

I do love all of the Warbands or at least some pieces of it. So I am going to buy it all, the possibilities for awesome kitbash is reason enough. 

Edited by obaobaboss
  • Like 2

Right now I'm split between Untamed Beasts and The Unmade. 

The Unmade have possibly the darkest and most twisted forms and harken to a background born of Hellraiser with their severed limbs and metal bound alternative parts. They are a dark and twisted and bloody side of chaos. The visual depiction of depravity and madness. 

Meanwhile the Untamed Beasts look like pure barbarians. Proud powerful people who suffer no weak gods - who'd have strong germanic accents and shout "Crom" every time they want to cuss. 

• Like 2

It’s a toss up to Corvus Cabal and The Unmade for me with a slight edge to the Unmade. 

I’m not blown away by the Untamed Beasts or the Cypher Lords. 

Ghur is my favorite realm and I think they went the obvious route with the warband by making them somewhat generic barbarians. Having an enslaved monstrous creature would have added a little extra pizazz. But I get it and they captured the general feel.

Im not into mystical magic themes or any kind of Elven aesthetic so the Splintered Fang and Cypher Lords lost me immediately. I’m still glad to see some variation in the Chaos look so I’m still glad they’re there.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, shinros said:

Cypher lords, might use them as chosen. Swap their heads with those of harlequins and they would fit right into a slaanesh army. 

Haha was thinking the exact same thing but with witch/sisters of slaughter heads. 

• Like 1

Wow, tough choice! I went for Untamed Beasts - I just love their feral and dynamic look, but corvus cabal and splintered fange were not far behind. Corvus Cabal just oozes motion and menace, and splintered fang has that one guy with the snake wrapped around him, but I'll head for the Untamed Beasts.

32 minutes ago, Overread said:

Honestly I'm really liking the spread of poll results on this. If it in any way mirrors reality then I'd say GW has hit the nail on the head in terms of most of the warbands being broadly similar in popularity. 

I want to play Iron Golems, but I am conscious most people will be using them due to the Khorne-ish red scheme and coming in the big box. Call me a snowflake, but...