Wanderers Update Theories

I'm super excited for this Kurnothi thing! It seems to match my previous speculation:

On 7/20/2019 at 7:03 PM, AthelLoren said:

So, Beastgrave was teased on Open Day! Hopeful speculation on where Wanderers could go.

So, first off, looks like the box is going to be Wanderers (On the left) versus Beasts of Chaos (On the right). In the video, you get a glimpse of what looks to be the silhouette of a centaur - and notice that the Archer has Satyr legs. I'm thinking that they'll take the Wanderers range, add new models based off of Satyrs and Centaurs and throw in a new Orion model, and call it the Wild Hunt. If they don't do it, I will. In Fantome form.

I hope they do a full faction. If they do, they certainly have ME on board!

GenConreveals-Aug1-WHUWKurnothi11vhgwr.jpg

I mean, just look at them! I like the redesign, using Orange and other Autumn colors more than green, while still being identifiable as Asrai.

Edited by AthelLoren

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I‘ve been thinking about it and the Kurnothi don‘t appeal to me due to their mix of banded leather armor, held by chains while also featuring leaf-patterns.

if they‘d stuck to banded armor-stripes all the way those Kurnothi would look way better. Also the side burns are an aesthetic nightmare

I don't think this are chains, seems more braided stuff.

• Like 1

in the description it says that (Meanwhile, Skaeth's Wild Hunt offers us new insights into the Mortal Realms with our first look at Kurnothi - creatures similar to themselves with their own wild style), meaning they are elves or a species similar to elves?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cafarom89 said:

in the description it says that (Meanwhile, Skaeth's Wild Hunt offers us new insights into the Mortal Realms with our first look at Kurnothi - creatures similar to themselves with their own wild style), meaning they are elves or a species similar to elves?

They are "aelf-life creatures", and the lamentiri on the models seems to indicate that they are a type of Sylvaneth.

It's right there in the sentence you misquoted.

39 minutes ago, PJetski said:

They are "aelf-life creatures", and the lamentiri on the models seems to indicate that they are a type of Sylvaneth.

It's right there in the sentence you misquoted.

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Just a poke but can you dial it back a bit? Your reply comes across as condescending which is not what we want on this forum. Please be nice to each other 😉

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm a little bothered that these backwoods elves decided to steal their adversaries  fyreslayers  orange mowhawks. Not only that but next to wildriders and the sisters of thorn they kindof look like they got a little too bored out there in the woods with all the feral animals if you know what I mean *theme from Deliverance plays*😥

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cambot1231 said:

I'm a little bothered that these backwoods elves decided to steal their adversaries  fyreslayers  orange mowhawks. Not only that but next to wildriders and the sisters of thorn they kindof look like they got a little too bored out there in the woods with all the feral animals if you know what I mean *theme from Deliverance plays*😥

Well, maybe their rite of passage is to simply saunter into Aqshi, cut off a Fyreslayers mohawk and graft it on their heads. You know, rather normal lore for Warhammer. As for the animals, if they are basing them on the Greek mythology creatures, that could ring close to home.

• Haha 1

Wardancers had mohawks long before there were Fyreslayers of course. I'm not sure which came first out of them and the classic trollslayer look though. I guess back in the eighties everyone had a mohawk!

Edit: looking through the old catalogue s on stuff of legend i think the wardancers have it. They are listed form around 88 onwards, maybe a little before, but unless I'm missing something I can't see any trollslayers until the early nineties..

Edited by EccentricCircle

6 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Wardancers had mohawks long before there were Fyreslayers of course. I'm not sure which came first out of them and the classic trollslayer look though. I guess back in the eighties everyone had a mohawk!

Yep, and that's why don't understand some people . They wanted Wardancers back, they have their aesthetics back. I was never that fond of it but I'm warming to it. Some poses in this warband are off (and I don't like warm autumn colours), but I believe full army will look beautiful (if they'll get a release - I hope yes).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, michu said:

Yep, and that's why don't understand some people . They wanted Wardancers back, they have their aesthetics back. I was never that fond of it but I'm warming to it. Some poses in this warband are off (and I don't like warm autumn colours), but I believe full army will look beautiful (if they'll get a release - I hope yes).

Either these are their own thing, or they are going to roll with wanderers, and we have a full awesome battletome with lots of cool options 

Either way I'm all in for the kurnothi

• Like 1

2 hours ago, michu said:

I think people wanted the 6th edition type wardancers not the 3rd edition mohawks. personally not a fan of any of those looks. much prefure the 2/3 looks wanderers currently (wild rider look, eternal guard look and glade guard look[which is also similar to tww wardancers])

additionally I am not a fan of the lack of armour, we already have 2 factions of bare chested aelves and a faction of bare chested fauns, did we really need more bare chests? yeah I would have preferred it if all of them had the archer's armour and more had the centaur's helmet or atleast something similar (i mean just imagine the cool contrast we could of had; bare chested barbaric fauns fighting helmeted and leather armoured graceful fauns)

now I can always kitbash so whether I get the AoS army that may come out for them will depend on how they play and what the center piece model is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Mohawk can be ok as long as they are not orange

Jesus we already have an army of bare chest orange mohawks, do we really need another?

They aren't Mohawks though.. no side shave 😉- they are manes of hair like Jes Goodwin's 2/3rd ed elves/woodelves- check out Glam the Laughing Warrior from Skarlocs Wood Elf Archers Regiment of Renown...😀

Edited by silverstu

On balance I much prefer the 6th ed style wardancers to the older version, but in terms of the grand history of Warhammer the wild orange mane of hair is definitely the "definitive" look for that faction. The fact that we've not seen it for nearly twenty years just makes it seem a bit odd now that they are going back to it.

10 hours ago, adreal said:

Either these are their own thing, or they are going to roll with wanderers, and we have a full awesome battletome with lots of cool options 

Either way I'm all in for the kurnothi

We'll find out when they release the AOS warcroll for the Underworlds band and see if it has the Wanderers keyword or not.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Warhammer?N=737771287+3155674414&Nr=AND (sku.siteId% 3ANZ_gw% 2Cproduct.locale% 3Aen_NZ_gw) & Nrs = collezione ()% 2Frecord [product.startDate + < % 3D + 1.564.829,76 milioni + e + + product.endDate>% 3D + 1.564.829,76 milioni] & _ RequestID = 4.061.723 & fbclid = view IwAR3PwhF92-bkfNhfEDNaASwBBXpYf_Lymg_VVYIQ-KuxkIjhZifOWXb_gkQ & = all