Alternate tiebreaker system - Strength of Win

I’ve made a system to differentiate between players at a tournament by using the amount of Victory Points scored in each battleplan as the metric. 

As each battleplan has different ways of scoring and therefore a different total VP available, each battleplan has had a weighting applied to it based off the maximum available VP one player could score if they held all objectives for all five turns.

I feel this tiebreaker system represents player skill with less of the random opponent factor of Strength of Schedule for example. It is also more objective based than using Kill Points avoiding giving a bias to just wiping out an army.

I have attached a spreadsheet to use if anyone is interested, simply input player VP scored under the battleplan and the Tournament Points for the W/L/D etc. Then use a sort on the total column each round to determine placing.

Battleplan weightings:

Blood and glory. 1 VP x50

Escalation. 12 VP x4.17

Border war. 45 VP x1.11

Three places of power. 45 VP x1.11

Gift from the heavens. 28 VP x1.79

Take and hold. 1 VP x50

Knife to the heart. 1 VP x50

Total conquest. 40 VP x1.25

Duality of death. 30 VP x1.67

Battle for the pass. 45 VP  x1.11

Starstrike. 40 VP x1.25

Scorched earth. 50 VP x1

Total commitment. 40 VP x1.25

Focal points. 40 VP x1.25

The better part of valour. 48 VP x1.04

Shifting objectives. 25 VP x2

Places of arcane power. 45 VP x1.11

The relocation orb. 15 VP x3.33

3F0A6DC6-EA2F-4E9C-AAFF-16CBDC8B7485.jpeg

Stregth of Win.xlsx

1 minute ago, BobbyB said:

I thought about doing something like this a while ago, not sure how it would play out in practice, but would be keen to see it tried out

Yeah it’s by no means perfect, as the theoretical maximum VP is in reality very hard to achieve. But it’s a level playing field for everyone in each battleplan, it’s just the weighting between them is not completely balanced; that shouldn’t matter that much in theory though.