About of extra command points in the Gh19

Selborg

Question

5 answers to this question

Previously you could buy any number of points, but since General`s Handbook 2019 release you can buy only 1 CP for points.

COMMAND POINTS

You can purchase up to 1 extra command point for 50 points. Add the extra command point to the command points you receive at the start of the battle

Edited by GriinWan
ninjad =)

Just to touch on the new GHB19.  Remember, in the old GHB18 you received an additional command point for each increment of 50 points you were under by.  This let you run under points, get command points (at no point cost), and potentially get the triumph table benefit.  

Now, you actually spend 50 points counted in your army's point total.  (and at a maximum of 1 CP as mentioned above)

With the new edition, I am at 950 and wish to take an extra CP... my list total is 1000.  Old edition, I would still be at a list total of 950.

In addition, you don't accrue your inherent CP or your extra CP until the start of your first turn (small change, but big implications).  This is big for those who like to go second... you will have not command points to stave off bad battle shock test from a heavy alpha strike.

Edited by Fert

On 7/12/2019 at 7:43 PM, Fert said:

Just to touch on the new GHB19.  Remember, in the old GHB18 you received an additional command point for each increment of 50 points you were under by.  This let you run under points, get command points (at no point cost), and potentially get the triumph table benefit.  

Now, you actually spend 50 points counted in your army's point total.  (and at a maximum of 1 CP as mentioned above)

With the new edition, I am at 950 and wish to take an extra CP... my list total is 1000.  Old edition, I would still be at a list total of 950.

In addition, you don't accrue your inherent CP or your extra CP until the start of your first turn (small change, but big implications).  This is big for those who like to go second... you will have not command points to stave off bad battle shock test from a heavy alpha strike.

Where did you read about the change to when you get the command points?

On 7/12/2019 at 7:43 PM, Fert said:

This part is wrong. The rules say you receive the extra command point at the start of the battle, so you for example have it available to avoid battleshock at the end of your opponents turn one even if you go second.