Controversial Question Re: Khorne Summoning

Spartan601

Hey all. I have a question I have a burning need to have answered, because it has been driving me nuts since the last Khorne Battletome, and with all Daemon Battletomes but Disciples of Tzeentch having been re-released, it seems like the pattern is intentional.

I apologise in advance if this sounds like salty whining. I don't particularly care for competitive play as a rule, but having seen the ways that other Daemon armies generate their points, especially Hedonites, who can get them from a Fane, a Battalion, and have Characters that generate Depravity Points each Turn "just because", it feels like Khorne is getting the short end of the stick.

Why is Blades of Khorne the only Daemon Allegiance to:

1. Have a cap on the number of Summoning Points.

2. Only be allowed to Summon one unit per Battle Round

AND

3. Reset Summoning Points to Zero after a unit is Summoned.

I don't mean to flame, or start a keyboard war, I just genuinely want to know of there is a reason that I am not seeing here.

Easiest answer is blades of khorne isn't meant to be a summoning army. It's there as an option if it's needed, but generally they don't seemed to be designed around it like tzeentch or hedonites. The main allegiance ability is meant to be the abilities from the tithe table.

Makes sense if you think about the background, Khorne doesn't just throw daemons around to save his followers. He makes them work for everything and murder needs to be their primary focus, not summoning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1