What woudl it take to make a Slaves to Darkness Battletome successful

On 8/2/2019 at 9:18 PM, 123lac said:

Squatting the entire range and starting from scratch with Dark Oath would make it successful IMO.

Would you mind sharing with us what Dark Oath would look like from your perspective ?

Like new models or new rules only ?

7 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

Would you mind sharing with us what Dark Oath would look like from your perspective ?

A totally new model range, same scope as the Deepkin launch. With Everchosen thrown in to soup it up a bit.

Current slaves to darkness models are just old whfb. Very boring to look at IMO.

On 8/5/2019 at 10:46 AM, Kurrilino said:

New models and rules. Look at the Godsworn Hunt (Underworlds), Darkoath Chieftain & Darkoath Warqueen for what Darkoath looks like.

Edited by Mogwai Man

On 8/5/2019 at 11:53 PM, 123lac said:

A totally new model range, same scope as the Deepkin launch. With Everchosen thrown in to soup it up a bit.

Current slaves to darkness models are just old whfb. Very boring to look at IMO.

I disagree - sure a lot of the old chaos stuff is old and a bit static, but the warriors and knights are an absolutely classic warhammer look. I'd be very disappointed if they were lost.

What you could drop without a problem would be the marauders and horsemen, who are all very much showing their age. Personally, If I were in charge of remaking StD (what an unfortunate acronym) I would probably split them into two factions-in-the-same-book: Slaves To Darkness (Warriors, Knights, Chariots, Everchosen, etc) and Darkoath (Tribesmen like the Godsworn Hunt, mostly new stuff.) You can freely run the two together, but going all-in on one or the other gives you a minor boost.

Essentially my prediction for the new book is that it'll be like Gloomspite Gitz, with a big core of old stuff augmented by new things. A part of me hopes they put all of the chaos mark allegiances in there but that seems unlikely. Also I hope they centralise the rules for individual units being devoted to chaos gods: seems silly to have twenty slightly different rules on each page.

Imo.  Make STD a Chaos undivided army.  Once you give a mark to a unit, it gains the allegiance ability of the said Chaos faction but still also retains STD allegiance for list building purposes.  Devise some kind of cap for such units.

All Chaos warriors and knights need to get at least rend -1.  Reprice all units.