New FAQs are up with adjusted points

1 hour ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

Anyone else noticed that faction terrain  was 3" from an objective and is now 1"? 

It's a larger change that the restriction 6" away from the Table edge is gone, this is what made Fraction Terrain mostly unplayable (at least terrain like the Gnawholes).

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Most FEC summoning isn't that great too be fair. I'm not scared of some ghouls etc. Given they were already struggling a bit vs the newer books I don't think FEC are going to dominate from now on. 

Skaven will still be too good, but at least the top lists have seen a fairly good bump in points. 

Slaanesh and fyreslayers will remain strong. 

Mmm. In fact with skaven, some units are noticeably cheaper such as rattling guns and stormvermin. Considering that with buffs (and taking risks by releasing that gimble-limiter) could have you on average dealing 12 hits with re-rolls, dealing 2 damage (using a warp spark) per turn, and at range, means that 60 points is a steal. That's 3 units of ratguns for 2, effectively.

And 240 points for a blob of armoured stormvermin that will have 2 attacks each and hit and wound on 3s (plus an extra attack if a claw lord is nearby), and have a 4+ save is a bit OP for the cost. It looks like those nasty plaguemonks and their lords have taken the brunt of those nerfs. Clans Verminus and Skrye seem to have escaped in a better position than before I'd say.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Mcthew said:

Mmm. In fact with skaven, some units are noticeably cheaper such as rattling guns and stormvermin. Considering that with buffs (and taking risks by releasing that gimble-limiter) could have you on average dealing 12 hits with re-rolls, dealing 2 damage (using a warp spark) per turn, and at range, means that 60 points is a steal. That's 3 units of ratguns for 2, effectively.

And 240 points for a blob of armoured stormvermin that will have 2 attacks each and hit and wound on 3s (plus an extra attack if a claw lord is nearby), and have a 4+ save is a bit OP for the cost. It looks like those nasty plaguemonks and their lords have taken the brunt of those nerfs. Clans Verminus and Skrye seem to have escaped in a better position than before I'd say.

Yes and they loose that bonus to hit immediately after having lost 1 model.

I actually believe that the price for the Stormvermins is currently good as it is.

if you still doubt me, start comparing them to anything else that cost around the same points.

in the other hand, the decrease of pints on the rattling guns, surprised me as well.

didnt think that that would happen actually.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

2 hours ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

Seems a shame to allow faction terrain to camp fully on top of objectives again, especially for those factions that don't (and won't) get terrain pieces. 

Iirc the forbidden power terrain can be used from all factions, although not as good as a real one the objective shielding should be doable :)

13 hours ago, Mogwai Man said:

FEC will still be dominating.

25 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

FEC had their 2 months at the top, can't see them competing any more unless some very experienced players play them.

Can you decide now please? 😂😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, schwabbele said:

Iirc the forbidden power terrain can be used from all factions, although not as good as a real one the objective shielding should be doable :)

As someone else mentioned, it's not only not free to use, but your opponent can also benefit from it as well, as it wasn't FAQ'd that they don't also benefit.

17 minutes ago, Frowny said:

Does anybody have a summary of the point changes? I'm having trouble finding them in whichever different errata I'm supposed to be looking at. 🙄

Blades of Khorne, Skaven, FEC and Gloomspite Gits were subject to point changes, those are in their respective erratas, marked with * symbol

32 minutes ago, Frowny said:

Does anybody have a summary of the point changes? I'm having trouble finding them in whichever different errata I'm supposed to be looking at. 🙄

One thing I found is the pitched battle pages at the end of the Errata document have a massive graphic in the background that took a while to display - giving me a nice blank page until I stopped scrolling and let my phone catch up... 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikethefish said:

My Azyr won't update, despite the designer notes on the app saying that an update is available.  Frustration.

Same for me. The point updates aren't in the App even though the last update mentions that they should be there.

3 hours ago, schwabbele said:

I know, the trick is it doesn’t matter what GW is doing - there will never be a full agreement on things 🙂 and both of you just showed that perfectly 🙂 

Guess tournament results will tell. Essex GT is where i think things are heading.

1 hour ago, Infeston said:

Same for me. The point updates aren't in the App even though the last update mentions that they should be there.

Hopefully that will be fixed in the fullness of time.  I want to play around with some lists, and it's irritating having to make allowances for the pre-FAQ points values

5 hours ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

IMO they should have made the other changes but left the 3" away from objectives, but 🤷‍♀️.

It also says any other rules specific to the terrain is still in place.  So for example the Gloomtide Shipwrecks still have to be 6" from objectives.

Emphasis is mine:

In a Pitched Battle, faction terrain must be set up more than 3" from any other terrain features and more than 1" from any objectives, in addition to any other restrictions that apply to it.