New FAQs are up with adjusted points

14 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Dankhold Troggoth, Dankhold Trogboss and Rockgut Troggoths now cost less. Yay! I had hoped for bigger reductions, but I won't complain. 😄 

Fellwaters went down ten points too.

I don't know, the Dankholds are probably still overpriced, but not by a ton.  The new Rockgut price is a big deal, considering that most folks take them in units of about 6 or so.

All in all, I don't think GSG are catapulted into the competitive stratosphere, but it certainly got better 

• Thanks 1

Just now, mikethefish said:

Fellwaters went down ten points too.

I don't know, the Dankholds are probably still overpriced, but not by a ton.  The new Rockgut price is a big deal, considering that most folks take them in units of about 6 or so.

All in all, I don't think GSG are catapulted into the competitive stratosphere, but it certainly got better 

I think it is still cool. Now I can propably squeeze in a better endless spell or maybe another command point or something different. I will see.

The new scenery rules, seem very fair except for the Graveyards.  So if I am a TO I will say people have to bring 3 big pieces and 2 small pieces, and you cannot duplicate the big pieces. 

Also I think it is long overdue that AOS moves to Chess clocks.  Tournaments have 2.5 hours for a game.   So 1 hr 15 mins per player.  If you have to deploy scenery and units within this time and play 5 turn games, people will not waste time placing scenery (well they can but they will run out of time to play the game.

Once a player runs out of time, all they can do is take saves, battle shock tests and score/contest objectives.  

Edited by kench1

10 minutes ago, XReN said:

Both Khorne abilities refer to fighting first time, that's why you can't stack them - they don't face the restrictions. Making aftersaves is always after you allocate a wound

I believe that you are right. I re-read the FAQ and they explicitly say "after" to know when you can do that. Even the last word "immediately after" indicates when the ability triggers.

In the "saves after saves", the timing is "when you allocate a wound..." (not after ), meaning that you don't need to use the "save after save" immediately after anything, you just keep doing saves because the wounds is still going to be "allocated"

2 hours ago, Overread said:

This is an interesting one for anyone doing minimum units 

Q: Many warscrolls allow weapon options and other upgrades to be taken by ‘1 in every x’ models. For example, 1 in every 10 models in a unit of Blood Warriors can replace the unit’s weapon option with a Goreglaive. What happens if the unit has fewer than x models?

A: The weapon or upgrade cannot be taken. For example, a unit of Blood Warriors with fewer than 10 models could not have a Goreglaive.

That seems to fix the unclarity in Skirmish. Thanks 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prochuvi said:

The gh have been a very poor job and this faq have been other poor job.

Both havent done NOTHING to balance the meta.

Both the nerfs and buffs have been almost nothing +20 or -20 when some units needed changues of 60-100 per example.

Also armys as dok needed get the wholy within in every aura as almost every army have (fyreslayers got it at last gh) but they didnt get nothing

They already have 'wholly within' on their auras except for the Haggnarr CT. And if you're going to change hagnarr to 'wholly' we need the bubble up to 14" at least.

Edited by Belper
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, kench1 said:

The new scenery rules, seem very fair except for the Graveyards.  So if I am a TO I will say people have to bring 3 big pieces and 2 small pieces, and you cannot duplicate the big pieces. 

Also I think it is long overdue that AOS moves to Chess clocks.  Tournaments have 2.5 hours for a game.   So 1 hr 15 mins per player.  If you have to deploy scenery and units within this time and play 5 turn games, people will not waste time placing scenery (well they can but they will run out of time to play the game.

Once a player runs out of time, all they can do is take saves, battle shock tests and score/contest objectives.  

Europe then? NA generally doesn't do grab bag terrain.

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

Anyone wish that skaven went up more? The horde spam is just not engaging to play against. Especially with the death frenzy spell. 

Everything that I wanted to see increase increased. Clan Rats stayed the same but I don't care about Death Frenzy clan rats, Plague Monks and all of the Verminlords increased. That paired with the WLC nerf are enough for me to see Skaven sit in a place I'm happy to play against them in. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Anyone wish that skaven went up more? The horde spam is just not engaging to play against. Especially with the death frenzy spell. 

all their key characters went up 20-40 pts and plague monks too. The common build went up by ~10%, effectively losing 20+ clanrats.

Edited by Qaz
math fail

Clarification on this from the core rules faq-

"Q: When a characteristic is referenced (Bravery, for example), does this mean the value on the warscroll, or the value on the warscroll including any modifiers? A: The value including any modifiers."

So if an ability targets a units wounds characteristic,,its the characteristic less any wounds it had taken thus far?

5 minutes ago, Thostos said:

Clarification on this from the core rules faq-

"Q: When a characteristic is referenced (Bravery, for example), does this mean the value on the warscroll, or the value on the warscroll including any modifiers? A: The value including any modifiers."

So if an ability targets a units wounds characteristic,,its the characteristic less any wounds it had taken thus far?

I don't think so. Taking wounds isn't changing the characteristic itself. A 3 wound model is still a 3 wound model (the characteristic is still 3) even though its taken 2 wounds in battle. The wounds taken are not modifying the units actual wound total 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Thostos said:

Wounds taken aren't a modifier, they're just something you track over the course of the game. The wounds characteristic doesn't change, just wounds remaining.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SwampHeart said:

Slaanesh doesn't have any ambiguous basing - you can use the Hosts of Slaanesh in the basing chart, nothing changed. 

Keeper of Secrets 60mm base
Exalted Greater Demon - 105*70mm
Masque 25mm base

Both of those we know are wrong and it wouldn't surprise me if the Herald also went up a base size. Of course those models listed above (possibly not sure on the FW model) are all released with new kits, but it still stands to reason that the charge needs updating. Heck it still includes the two removed mortal options. 

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Of course those models listed above (possibly not sure on the FW model) are all released with new kits, but it still stands to reason that the charge needs updating. Heck it still includes the two removed mortal options. 

I mean you quite obviously use the base the model is supplied with. But I also never use the base chart for current range models - unless its an older model that can actually be ambiguous its usually pretty obvious what you should be using. 

14 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

I mean you quite obviously use the base the model is supplied with. But I also never use the base chart for current range models - unless its an older model that can actually be ambiguous its usually pretty obvious what you should be using. 

Unless you've an older model you want to rebase and the details aren't on the GW store page. The Masque has its base size noted, but the Herald does not. Again its not a huge thing, but the document is published as an intended up to date reference point and at present it is not up to date. Far simpler to remove any potential confusion and aid in the clarity and update it. It's a handful of bases that need updating and then just uploading again as a document.

2 hours ago, boots468 said:

So, all points (including fyreslayers and slaanesh) are now set in stone until GHB 2020? (barring any new battletomes).

They said they would review points when they do rules reviews now (so December) but won't do across the board points adjustments till the GHB. So I'd interpret that as if anything is really sticking out (like DOK was) we won't have to wait a year and a half for it to brought into line.  So we might see some Fyreslayer and Slaanesh tweaks in December if they really take over the meta.