Activations

I've only been playing a year, but it seems to me that Age of Sigmar suffers greatly from a lack of activations. Units can only activate combat in the hero phase, start of the combat phase, during the combat phase, end of the combat phase, straight after they fight, straight after they die, and straight after they fight after they die. Sometimes you even have to spend a command point to do this. This means some units can only fight 4 times in a single turn which just isn't enough.

I'd like to see this issue fixed. I was thinking 25" pre-game pile-ins at the start, middle and end of the pre-game setup, with additional counter pile-ins to allow an opponent to respond accordingly. Then at the end of the game, when players are packing away, there could be post-game pile ins into your opponent's case that, if successful, means he can't use the dead unit the next game. This would go in some way to solve the lack of activations in the current game I think

What else do people think we need to address? I think Hearthguard Berzerkers are too easy to kill and the Warp Lightning Vortex should be reduced in points by about 60%, but I'm just spitballing

Edited by Ratcliff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, XReN said:

I never understood why I can't punch my opponent's army whille its being shot at. Shooting phase activations for melee units!

It's ridiculous that there aren't more combat activations in the shooting phase, Games Workshop really need to get their act together