Slann and balewind teleport

ageofpaddsmar

Question

So there's a a debate going round about this. 

Can a slann/kroak cast balewind then teleport while on it. It says while it's on the battlefield they are treated as one model. 

But teleport says remove that model from the battlefield and replace anywhere more then 9 from enemies. 

So my question is does it work? Because if you remove from the battlefield they are no longer 1 model? 

14 answers to this question

The Skaven FAQ has an updated question that sounds similar to this. I don’t know what Skitterleap does, but it sounds like some sort of teleporting.

Q: Does a Balewind Vortex with a Skaventide Hero atop it travel with the Hero if they use Skitterleap?
A: Yes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sedraxis said:

In this case I believe it wouldn't be possible to teleport at all since Balewind Vortex says the unit cannot move, and Lords of Space and Time counts as movement.

You'd have to dispel the Vortex first.

I don't believe this stops it as although the teleport is treated as a move its not an actual move its a set up. 

The tricky part is although it's treated as one model. The balewind rule says that is only the case while it's on the battlefield. 

The teleport says to remove the model from battlefield. So when removed they become 2 separate models again. Is what some are saying

In this case I believe it wouldn't be possible to teleport at all since Balewind Vortex says the unit cannot move, and Lords of Space and Time counts as movement.

You'd have to dispel the Vortex first.

EDIT: This is wrong, the Core Rules Designers Commentary clarifies that it doesn't actually count as a move.

Edited by Sedraxis

Here’s a relevant FAQ. This together with the fact that the wizard and the Balewind Vortex counts as one model for rules purposes should be enough to make it clear that a wizard on Balewind Vortex can be teleported with LoSaT.

Q: Some abilities allow you to remove a unit from the battlefield and set it up again, and say that this ‘counts as their move for the movement phase’ (or words to that effect). Do these units count as having made a move for the purposes of any other rules or abilities?
A: No, it simply restricts them from making a move later on.

2 hours ago, Platypus said:

Here’s a relevant FAQ. This together with the fact that the wizard and the Balewind Vortex counts as one model for rules purposes should be enough to make it clear that a wizard on Balewind Vortex can be teleported with LoSaT.

Q: Some abilities allow you to remove a unit from the battlefield and set it up again, and say that this ‘counts as their move for the movement phase’ (or words to that effect). Do these units count as having made a move for the purposes of any other rules or abilities?

That's a good one for the thing about moving. But with my group it's not that it cannot move its that you remove it from the table thus breaking the clause in the balewinds rules. Where it counts as one model for along as its on the battlefield. 

Now that could mean as long as its not dispelled or it could be if you remove it to place elsewhere. 

I'm of the people that think it can teleport (I'm seraphon player lol) 

5 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

That's a good one for the thing about moving. But with my group it's not that it cannot move its that you remove it from the table thus breaking the clause in the balewinds rules. Where it counts as one model for along as its on the battlefield. 

Now that could mean as long as its not dispelled or it could be if you remove it to place elsewhere. 

Can you quote the clause you are talking about? I am pretty sure it does not exist, but I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, Platypus said:

This clears it up for me.

Teleporting is allowed but will remove the Vortex when it leaves the battlefield as per it's own warscroll.

9 hours ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

There’s this FAQ as well, that could be applied to this since wizard + vortex counts as one model/unit.

Q: If a unit leaves the battlefield for whatever reason and comes back, do they lose any bonuses they had from abilities or spells? Also, if they had a ‘once per game’ ability, does it reset?
A: If a unit leaves the battlefield and then returns to
the battlefield, no to both questions. If the models have been slain and are being used as part of a unit that has been added to the army, then yes to both questions.

Your group is overlooking the part that the balewind and slaan are treated as one model. 

This means that for the teleport ability you remove both models  and setup both because they are not two separate models right now but treated as one model for all abilities and rules in the game until the balewind spell is removed from dispelling or the slaan/kroak is killed and both are removed from the battlefield. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 10:28 AM, Platypus said:

The Skaven FAQ has an updated question that sounds similar to this. I don’t know what Skitterleap does, but it sounds like some sort of teleporting.

Q: Does a Balewind Vortex with a Skaventide Hero atop it travel with the Hero if they use Skitterleap?
A: Yes.

Skitterleap is an ability very much like LOSAT that has the model removed from the battlefield and set back up.

So as I said it does work.

• Like 1