Tomb Kings and Tournaments

Justinian

Do you guys think tournaments will allow Tomb Kings into tournaments since they are in the GH but in the compendium section of armies that have been phased out?

I kind of want to build a Setra list but not sure if it would be worth it. Also I think skeleton horsemen are some of our best battleline for cheap mobility with a regen banner. 

So I took TK to Alliance and came 4th so I believe they still have a place in the tournament scene, even if they are deemed a legacy army.

They have a place in the GW app and using them on table against newer armies such as Stormcasts, Sylv and Fyreslayers I felt they more than held their own.

Army selection wise they have plenty of nice tricks up their sleeves and the Settra flying snake/chariot list is great.

Frankly until General's Handbook v2.0 comes out and drops legacy armies (not saying it will but if if does), I feel like TO's really shouldn't have an issue including Tomb Kings and Bretonnians.  Both armies are in the GH and if you're attending an AOS tournament I would expect you to have the GH at the very least.  If not, well, that's like attending a 40k tournament without your codex. 

The decision to drop TK and Brets would be pretty misguided since there are hundreds, nay thousands, of TK and Brets players with fully functioning, up-to-date armies and rule-sets.  Their particular model lines are not produced by GW anymore but that should hardly be a consideration of TO's so long as the models that do exist have current rules. 

My personal dream is that the Deathrattle Battletome will be released with a new Skeleton Chariot box and maybe some archers.  I could take or leave the rest of the line as there are already other equivalent models (Tomb King=Wight King, Liche Priest=Necromancer, Skeleton Horsemen=Black Knights and so on).  For what its worth, I'm speaking about the Deathrattle warscrolls only.  Its a shame about the Reanimant models but, needless to say, they wouldn't belong in a Deathrattle Battletome

Archived