Does Gotrek's new model hint at a new faction?

Listening to Realmslayer on my commute and it is fantastic. I went back and reread the gotrek model release info and it said that he will have rules to be playable. 

Would this mean he can be an ally to any dwarf faction, the posterdwarf for a new mixed order faction (legion of the slayer?) or even the first model from a metal dwarf race that Grungi is working on. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Laststand said:

Listening to Realmslayer on my commute and it is fantastic. I went back and reread the gotrek model release info and it said that he will have rules to be playable. 

Would this mean he can be an ally to any dwarf faction, the posterdwarf for a new mixed order faction (legion of the slayer?) or even the first model from a metal dwarf race that Grungi is working on. 

I still need to buy it,

but I mean the possibility that Godraks model is hinting towards a new army or an old one being updated is possible.

although the chance that  he is  just some model that can be added to your collection for old grumblers like many of us is also highly plausible

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

Doubtful. Fyreslayers are already just a Mortal Realms re-imagining of Dwarf Slayers. 

I think, at best, it may be a sign that Dispossessed Unforged (see: holdover Dwarf Slayers) might see some kind of kit alongside of him, but I sincerely doubt that. Gotrek is just such an iconic part of WHFB, whilst also having been given an ending that made it more plausible than most that he may end up in the Mortal Realms. I really wouldn't read too much into it.

The new Fyreslayer Battletome does allude to the potential of Dwarf Duradin Soup mind you, as they've recently been making headway in strengthening ties that were broken during the Age of Chaos (for obvious reasons).

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

As far as I can work out, Gotrek is coming out as a Black Library miniature (albeit in plastic rather than resin).  I'd not read too much into this from the aspect of a new faction - hopefully we're going to see rules that allow him to be included as an ally in a number of armies 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, michu said:

Was it really confirmed that Gotrek will be made in plastic? If that's true I'm definitely going to buy him.

My bad on that.  It's not been confirmed, but casting a critical eye over the model, quite a few people have come to the conclusion that the way certain things hang on the model (specifically the chains and the beard), that it has more similarities to other plastic models than to anything done in resin.  Dangling resin chains would actually be a proverbial nightmare if I'm honest!

• Like 1

I've got some resin chains but they are made with a more rubbery resin and ahve a metal rod down the middle and thus are not too nuts to work with. 

That said yeah Gotrek isn't going to spawn a new army, but the model is a great one-off character. I'm also excited for the new audio book and other stuff coming as well as a new proper book. Sadly I'm still only into part 3 of the omnibus editions and I've still got part 4 (not yet in print) and other adventures before I get to catch up to his new stuff. 

I want to be fully caught up on his old world character and adventures before advancing into the Mortal Realms. Plus its a great whistle-stop tour of the old world; its characters, places and races.