Combat phase, attacks and damage allocation.

Please help, my gaming group has had a little falling out.......

It seems we are confused about when to remove models from the table.

So..... after the charge phase comes combat.

I select skarbrand to attack with carnage, I roll a 5+ which deal 8 mortal wounds to my opponents ork ardboyz. Does my opponent remove his models at this point? Or do I get to attack with skarbrand second axe slaughter first?

The rules state "picking targets, if a unit can use 2 or more different weapons in the same phase, the unti can use the weapons in any order you wish after targets have been picked, but you must resolve all of the attacks for one weapon type before using the next weapon type." 

To me this says "resolve all of the attacks" which means allocate wounds and remove models right? 

Then only if the second axe slaughter is in range it can attack if not I cant.

My friends argue that the allocating rules overrides this because its states "once all of the units attacks have been resolved, add up the number of damage inflicted."

Do to sum up I think you

-declare targets 

-attack with first weapon 

- opponent resolves the attacks and allocates wounds

-then my second weapon IF I'm still in range 

That's for your help!!

Pool all wounds from that round of combat first then remove all models at the end of the combat activation for that unit. Our group knocks over dead models to help keep track of the wounds/deaths for battleshock but they are technically still living until the end of that activation.  

Edited by TheCovenLord
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

But is this players over looking this rule as The Jabber stated? It just seems too strong...

Its how it works, many behemoths are capable of decimating whole units on their own. If players overlook the rule they are cheating, intentionally or not, its cheating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are not and I wholly agree with Swampheart. They get their full complement of attacks against however many targets they decide to allocate against. Make your rolls to hit/wound. Saves are made. Then wounds enter a pool against their target.

They are not attacking one weapon at a time. Think of it as attacking with all of their weapons simultaneously and you just have to roll them one at a time as that is how it translates over. Once that model finishes activating with all of its profiles the actual damage occurs from the wounds pool against the targets selected and models are removed. The next unit in the turn order can then activate pile in fight etc. (I wish they had different wording for this part to separate to wound and wounds). 

It can indeed be very powerful. 

Edited by TheCovenLord

Thing is, the rules say you can only attack with one weapon at a time. Even says resolve all of the attacks for one weapon before attacking with the next. What comes when resolving? Wound allocation, what happens when we allocate wounds? Models die. Then you attack with your next weapon, I believe this is GW intention. It's not cheating cause it would highly de-buff my skarbrand. I'm asking cause it just seems silly.

Screenshot_20190703-190711_WH AoS.jpg

39 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Thing is, the rules say you can only attack with one weapon at a time. Even says resolve all of the attacks for one weapon before attacking with the next. What comes when resolving? Wound allocation, what happens when we allocate wounds? Models die. Then you attack with your next weapon, I believe this is GW intention. It's not cheating cause it would highly de-buff my skarbrand. I'm asking cause it just seems silly.

Screenshot_20190703-190711_WH AoS.jpg

Allocating wounds isn't actually part of resolving attacks.

Solving Attacks are those 4 points we see in the box making Attacks (and normally you would resolve 1 Attack at the time but can use the Multiple Attacks rule):

ZNTWvMnRUX-jhR5MbE-GXji1PHQOrf2IQSfMCnAg

Then we come to the Point @The Jabber Tzeentch has already quoted, that wounds are allocated after all attacks are resolved (which means each attack has followed the 4 steps (Hit Roll, Wound Roll, Save Roll and Determine Damage)

Edited by EMMachine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1