about the capture of the objectives in some battleplans

Selborg

Question

Hi guys i have 2 questions about the objectives in some battleplans.

1.- Can one  unit capture 2 objectives? for example, i have a unit of 40 chainrap horde, can i capture 2 objectives at a time with 1 unit(chainrap horde)

2.- When capturing an objectives, and i move from that objectives, do i still have control of that objectives ? or not?

thanks.

4 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Aelven supremacy said:

To jump on this thread... an additional question I have is when in the turn does control of objectives count for point scoring or winning?  For example I believe it is Take and Hold which says something like “from the third battle round a player wins if they control both objectives”.    Is this at any point in that battle round onwards (e.g. start of combat phase? Movement phase?) or just at the end of each player’s turn as per other scenarios?

That's basicly an paragraph above (Corerules Page 11, Objectives, paragraph 4) :

At the end of each player’s turn,
you must check to see if either
player has gained control of any
objectives
. To do so, you and
your opponent must count up
the number of models you have
within 6" of the centre of each
objective; you gain control of
an objective where your count
is higher than your opponent’s
count. Once you gain control of
an objective, it remains under
your control until the enemy is
able to gain control of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Selborg said:

1.- Can one  unit capture 2 objectives? for example, i have a unit of 40 chainrap horde, can i capture 2 objectives at a time with 1 unit(chainrap horde)

In this case the corerules state this (Corerules Page 11, Objectives, last paragraph)

A model can only be counted
towards gaining control of one
objective per turn. If one of
your models could be counted
towards gaining more than one
objective, you must pick which
one they are counted towards
that turn.

So a unit can capture 2 objectives, but models in range of 2 objectives can only be count towards one of them.

To jump on this thread... an additional question I have is when in the turn does control of objectives count for point scoring or winning?  For example I believe it is Take and Hold which says something like “from the third battle round a player wins if they control both objectives”.    Is this at any point in that battle round onwards (e.g. start of combat phase? Movement phase?) or just at the end of each player’s turn as per other scenarios?

1. Yes and No. in most cases it is looking for models so as long as you do not count any models in range as holding both you can use one giant blob.  

Some missions vary so be sure to read what counts. Some only heroes with artifacts and wizards can hold the objective.

2. On most cases yes you will keep control until your opponent gets models into range to capture it.

Again there are some variations to this. Certain battle plans require you to stay and hold the objective.