Piling in when engaged.

darranh1

Question

During last game I was playing 40 rasps and 15 or so engaged with opp unit and rest where kinda of daisy chaining behind stretching out 12 inches. Opponent had a unit 4 inch away from daisy chain line so as this was closest model to the rasp end that wasn’t actually attacking I can pile in towards this unit and become within 3inches therefore pining him into combat with my rasps? 

4 answers to this question

each model piling in can move in any direction so long as it takes it closer to the nearest enemy model. It does not have to move directly towards that model, so long as it ends up closer to that model then when it started. Doesn't matter if the enemy unit was already in combat or not. 

Pretty much the only time a model can not move during pile in is when it is completely surrounded, or it is touching 2 enemy model bases. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

Yes. You are not required to pile in and attack the unit that you charged. You can pile into any unit as long as it’s the closest enemy  model that it can reach, even if it is 4” or 5” away you can stick other units into combat even if you cannot get in range to attack.

As I remember, you have to pile in at least as close to the nearest enemy model as it was at the start of pile in move.

So, for example, if 2 models engage with you. and it is 1.5” (model A) and 2” (model B) far away. You can pile in to model B as long as you can keep distant between your model and model A at 1.5” or closer.

Edited by armisael
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2019 at 3:50 AM, sorokyl said:

each model piling in can move in any direction so long as it takes it closer to the nearest enemy model. It does not have to move directly towards that model, so long as it ends up closer to that model then when it started. Doesn't matter if the enemy unit was already in combat or not. 

Pretty much the only time a model can not move during pile in is when it is completely surrounded, or it is touching 2 enemy model bases. 

Most special case: Remember that a flying model b2b with exactly two enemy models can move over them and land on the other side still touching both of them.