2000 pt Seraphon

Stauderpower

Hey guys, so I just started playing seraphon when the handbook came out and overall they are an amazing army. Ive tried out each unit several times and am now just starting to figure out a 2000 pt list for the upcoming tournament season. Any feedback is welcome as Ive only played about 20 games with the seraphon so far. Let me know what you guys think.

Eternal Starhost

Shadowstrike Starhost

Slaan

Eternity Warden

Skink Starseer

3 x 10 Saurus Guard

2 x 10 Skinks w/ javelin

1 Razordon

9 Ripperdactyls

Basically the list moves up in a death ball of Guard with all the characters inside. The warden and Guard buff each other along with the other heroes. The skinks act as blockers or objective grabbers/holders. Finally the rippers drop on an objective or gunline and wreck whatever is there. The thing I am trying to decide now is whether or not to switch the slaan with a scar vet on carnosaur since I wont be summoning, and the command ability on the carnosaur is ace for guard blocks with the eternal starhost buffs. Anyway let me know what you guys think

You can't take a Skink Starseer in shadowstrike starhost, only skink priest or starpriest.

Why you want starseer in this army ? the 1-6 rerolls ?

I like your list, and  I think scar vet on carnosaur is more good with guards and rippers.

Also, are 9 riperdactils that worth it? remember they can now only generate 1 extra attack for each attack, so you can not go all they way to 100 attacks unless you are extremely lucky. Also I think 6+3 is better for the double markers.

Have you thought of salamanders instead of razordons for some armor penetration?

The reason I have 9 is because I've noticed they die to return attacks and counter charges. With 9 I can take some casualties and still have an effective unit. Even without the extra attacks due to the GH, they still wipe out most things that they alpha strike, especially with the toad. I'm using it more as a scalpel to get a cheeky turn 3 win in some of the scenarios and to put pressure on both sides of the table. 

I usually really like salamanders but with 8 " range they don't do much and die before they get to attack. I usually summon salamanders with handlers to wreck a character or other important piece of my opponents army, but without summoning i think razordons are better overall. They shoot off wounds here, to finish off units, or take them below a certain number before my heavy hitters move in. They also have a 3+ in cover which is invaluable with their stand and shoot. 

I think it's just a matter of different opinions. In all my games 6 of them has never failed to completely or nearly wipe out units. Now I don't throw them against like 2+ save units or heroes but that's not their job. They kill the smaller units which are usually camped on a new objective. I just had a game yesterday where they wiped out 19 plague bearers in one round after battleshock

4 hours ago, Nico said:

They really don't without the extra attacks. The nerf is colossal. They have 5 average attacks per model and don't have any rend.

If you can get all 9 of them into a combat with swooping and a toad that's 10 attacks with spears, 27 attacks with claws, and 36 attacks with beaks. Enough damage to kill Alarielle - even without rend.

Archived