Transporting and Storing

Garth1

Hopefully I’ll be ok posting this here.... I’ve just started to near completion of a painted Maggotkin army with GUO’s and Drones and really want to start playing  and learning the game now so need to work out how to transport the army. If anyone can suggest some good ways to do so, I’ve not heard good things about the Citadel cases and so far these are the only way I know of, I would be eternally grateful. Thanks 

I can't put links to any manufacturers of army transports since I use a sport bag and self made foam trays and magnet boxes, but here are your options:

First, some people I heard are liking Citadel cases, so it can be an option

Second, manufactured army transport case with foam trays cut to your specific needs

Third, magnetised bases and either an army transport with metal shelves, seen those, beautifully done and much more convenient then foam, or plastic boxes with magnet sheet glued to the bottom. The idea is that your models stick to metal / magnet sheet and that is how you transport minies.

I magnetized my army with small, neodymium magnets and bought some self adhesive rubber steel sheets (magnets attach, but it isn't magnetic itself). Then I got a few Really Useful brand boxes from my local hobbycraft and put the self adhesive sheet on the bottom of each box and on the underside of the lid. It's easy, and miles cheaper than foam cases.

A super cheap option but I use the boxes from teabags. An 80 bag box usually holds a whole unit. I put in some layers of small bubblewrap and close the lid. 

These all neatly slot into a larger cardboard box. 

I should prob invest in a case of some kind but at the moment this does the job nicely. Prob helped by the fact i drive as I wouldnt be confident with this on any form of public transport.

I've got some foam trays, although they aren't really fitting my units  so it kinda sucks for my AoS army. (They do fit my Rubric Marines though). Really thinking about getting some magnetic solution in the future...

The 2 big problem I have with that is the LoC and my cute Mutalith. While the latter might somehow fit, the LoC is so big I don't how he'd into any premade solution nicely - maybe one of those old-style metal tool boxes would be a good solution for me... 🤔

edit: I think I found something that in theory should be able to transport everything, including my sweet chickenboy! 

https://www.amazon.de/Bosch-Zubehör-2605438624-Metallkoffer-420/dp/B0014GN5VK/ref=sr_1_29?keywords=werkzeugkoffer+metall&qid=1561200961&s=gateway&sr=8-29

Edited by MitGas

Well, I have Foam Trays from Feldherr. They are nice but actually really get troublesome when you have bigger models like monsters, tanks etc.

Then there is the Ikea Samla Series, which is my current storage and transport system. The boxes are cheap, can be easily  stored together, have enough room for most miniatures and are light so transport is no issue. I usualy travel by public transports to out local gw and it is no issue to travel with 2 of these, althrough transport by car is easier with them. Also they can be easily improved with magnetic tape (which is actually just a tape magnets can stick to) so models won´t move around in the box but instead are fixed. Oh, there are also some little clips you can use to keep the lids closed. Either way: Great system.

https://www.ikea.com/de/de/cat/samla-serie-12553/