Are Endless Spells bound to an Alligience?

Charleston

Question

Hello, I have some questions about how Endless Spells work when Allying units in:

All begins with a simple question: Are Faction Specific Endless Spells part of a factions Alligience or are they available to all factions and only bound to the casters Keyword restriction from their Warscroll?

Also there are questions that follow up:

1. When I Ally an Wizzard from another faction, can I also use the Endless Spells of this faction?
  2. Do I count the Spells into the Ally-Point Restriction?
  3. When a Unit can have my Main Alligience, but it´s keyword also allows me to cast Endless Spells from another Factions (Verminlord-Corruptor f.e. can be used in a Nurgle Army and still fullfills requirements to cast Skaven Endess Spells), can I cast them?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

2 answers to this question

Endless spells do not have any allegiance ties outside the fact that only wizards with the allegiance keywords can cast them and do not cost ally points because they are not tied to the allegiance itself.

I.e. you can take Sigmar’s Comet in any army you wish but only a Stormcast Wizard can actually cast the spell. So taking it in any army that cannot ally a Stormcast wizard is useless. 

As long as there unit casting the spell has the proper keyword required they can cast the spell regardless of their current allegiance. So yes a Nurgle army can take Skaven endless spells as long as there is a Skaven wizard included. Even if he also has the Nurgle tag he is still Skaven.

Edited by King Taloren
  • Thanks 1

It sounds counter intuitive, but King Taloren is right. The Endless Spells are not tied to any faction save by the key words needed to on the wizard to cast them. This gives them quite a lot of flexibility and gives allied wizards another tool in the box to make them work taking

• Thanks 1