Squig Hopper Unit Size and Role?

Foe-Hammer

Hi everyone,

From past experiences, what seems to be the best use of hoppers and number of hoppers per unit?  

5:  seems too low to do anything well, other than to fill battleline tax?

10:  Ok for objective grabbing, harassing a flank, or possibly character hunting (from mortal wounds)?

15 -20:  Same as above?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:15 PM, Foe-Hammer said:

Hi everyone,

From past experiences, what seems to be the best use of hoppers and number of hoppers per unit?  

5:  seems too low to do anything well, other than to fill battleline tax?

10:  Ok for objective grabbing, harassing a flank, or possibly character hunting (from mortal wounds)?

15 -20:  Same as above?

In my humble opinion 10 is the right number for Squig Hopper. But it depends on what else you run on your list.

Gitz lack mobility outside of Hand of Gork. In that respect, I would use 5 Hoppers to cap easily retrievable objectives early on.

10 Hoppers seems to be the number you want to use for dealing with Support heroes, typically by jumping over them.

I wouldn't go anymore than 10 Hoppers

For Squig Herd, 12-24, depending on your use requirements. I've used 12 well, I've seen 24 used fine and my personal squig list is using 18 but I've yet deployed that in combat.

Bounders. 10, Always.

• Like 1