Destruction: Ironjawz from Ghur

SunStorm

• Subscriber

I've been lurking awhile on this forum and have got plenty of good advice and inspirattion from everyone else, so I thought I'd post up my latest force, a new Ironjawz force that I'm doing as being from Ghur, Realm of Beasts. 

It started with the Underworld warband I got and enjoyed painting them, so ended up using them as the start for a small Ironjaws army. 

So starting with the Ironskull's Boyz that kicked it all off

7OTYNMZ.jpg

I then completed two units of Brutes, firstly with choppas 

WISk99S.jpg

The second unit with gore-hackas, led by a boss (big boss when running Ironfist) kitbashed from the warchanter. The idea being that i'll expand these to a unit of 10 in the future.

zzvqK3L.jpg

The spare brute body was then used to make a standard bearer, which if I ever play with them may get used as an allied warboss with great Waaagh! banner

AWdViW5.jpg

Currently led by a Megaboss on foot

14HDnU9.jpgGh6OvFn.jpg

And all of them together

ovO44YT.jpg

I've got some other bits that i'm working on, but only want to post up painted stuff to keep my motivation going.

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 2

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Ointagru said:

Very  nice! I like the gritty and realistic look. I find the purple doesn't sit well with Orcs though. 

Could you share your  recipe for the bases and the skin? 

Thanks, coming from 30k I prefer my forces with a grittier look than a bright style. I get that the purple isn't to everyone's taste, but wanted something different from the usual reds or yellows. 

The skins was done following a guide I found on Youtube:

As for the bases, I tried a few things before settling on the following

Vary thickness of Armageddon Dust over the base, using some bits of cork board to add in a different height

cw8t4x8.jpg

Add on some different splodges of Agrellan Earth

f0nmEJ6.jpg

Drybrush with Averland Sunset

vlgVn8Y.jpg

Wash with Seraphim Sepia

zrMJKcC.jpg

Drybrush with Averland Sunset again

nH4JtuJ.jpg

Final drybrush with Terminatus Stone

1qnPFj8.jpg

Larger bases I add some bits such as skulls or more cork to raise it up before the texture paint. As well as some using cocktail sticks painted as wooden stakes. 

I finish it off with the edge using a matt black (black 3.0) and some Highland tufts from The Army Painter. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• Subscriber

More additions to the force, including another Megaboss with Ironclad and the Amberglaive:

muQ2dWj.jpgD1oVcOp.jpg

As the force is from the Ghur, Realm of Beasts, I thought I better have a beast to go with them:

lTSGYSn.jpg

I've got something to go on the Squiggoth, but it's not finished yet. 

All in just shy of 1500pts:

zQSA09m.jpg

I am new to trying to get the hang of getting the photos look consistent and  crisp. Still more to come as stuff is on the WIP bench..

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

• Subscriber

Still working on this force, latest addition is another megaboss, this time on a maw-krusha:

60a0LsT.jpg

With the rest:

gjVMxNA.jpg

Oh and this guy snuck in

WJHZPNq.jpg

Got a few more things coming soon :)

Edited by SunStorm
  • Like 4

• Subscriber

I've started collecting a few pieces of Orruk themed scenery and got the first painted up to match the pre-painted scenery and gaming mat I got from https://www.gamemat.eu/

nyQqkaL.jpg

V67fGiO.jpg

This is from https://www.minimonsters.eu/ and I have few other pieces from there that I'm working on. 

Then I have also received some reinforcements for the army:

oclX1eB.jpg

Edited by SunStorm
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

So.... Are you using the sqiggoth as another mawcrusha proxy....

...Or are you putting a howdah on its back full of orks and using it as a Marshcrawla sloggoth proxy?

I'm not much of a gamer, rather than a collector, so it's not used in games. It's a fun addition to the background of the force who migrate round Ghur using Squiggoths to move their camps around. 

I defo need to update this thread as the force has expanded quite a bit since I started it pre-pandemic 

• Like 1