The great big Generals Handbook 2019 Discussion Topic

10 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

(All this is based on the blurry NH page picture that's been circulated)

With these points changes I sincerely hope they are going to 3 month updates. Nighthaunt got basically nothing and are still as terrible as ever. And our one good unit got bumped, not because it's an allstar in NH, but because of Legions of Nagash. Mourngul down 20 points? What a joke. GW are you really trying to tell me a Mounrgul is better than a Verminlord Warpseer?

20 points at a time is good if they are going to do this every 3 months. If they do 6 months or yearly they need to do more steep drops. Because every new army is literally destroying old armies that weren't broken from the get go (DoK). And that leads me to believe they are just doing power creep on purpose to sell more stuff and force people to do new armies or be left in the dust.

I haven't seen it yet; but I'm not sure what your really asking for. Would you rather Grimghasts still be fairly broken in LoN? I think GW sees the problem with both FEC and Skaven, seeing as they directly stated they are giving us a point update. Perhaps a year or two I'd be as pessimistic, but I feel if they can give both those armies a point increase, it wouldn't be nearly as bad. Slaanesh nor Fyreslayers are inherently broken; Slaanesh especially begins to loose power once you start plinking wounds off of their KoS, screening their hordes and debuffing them with -1 to hit.

Side note: very interested in seeing that they'll be putting actual new warscrolls in the book, with the Phoenix temple units. That opens a lot of doors for revised or entirely new units.

Edited by Undeadly
Forgot about the leak rules...

6 minutes ago, Undeadly said:

I haven't seen it yet; but I'm not sure what your really asking for. Would you rather Grimghasts still be fairly broken in LoN? I think GW sees the problem with both FEC and Skaven, seeing as they directly stated they are giving us a point update. Perhaps a year or two I'd be as pessimistic, but I feel if they can give both those armies a point increase, it wouldn't be nearly as bad. Slaanesh nor Fyreslayers are inherently broken; Slaanesh especially begins to loose power once you start plinking wounds off of their KoS, screening their hordes and debuffing them with -1 to hit.

Side note: very interested in seeing that they'll be putting actual new warscrolls in the book, with the Phoenix temple units. That opens a lot of doors for revised or entirely new units.

I'm asking for Nighthaunt not to be punished because our one good unit was taken in LoN. Just take Grimghasts out of the LoN roster and dont give them points increase. That would be the easiest solution. Or, conversely, lower the points of NH to be actually competitive as a  NIGHTHAUNT army. I feel like everything we have is over costed because we "might" get 5 waves of terror a turn. As a NH player, I can assure you it goes off at best 3 times a game, and its random so you cant even plan for it.

From what I've seen (the warhammer community article, I would like to know more) and from my local meta (where I play all my games).

I love what I've read, my nighthaunt become cheaper, so that's a win for me, my wanderers become cheaper, so that's a win for me.

I can only hope my spiderfang also become cheaper in July, but I'll settle for a nerf of gristlegore 

24 minutes ago, Undeadly said:

There’s new warscrolls?  I thought it was just a points cost for riderless phoenixes? 

1 hour ago, Drofnum said:

Have you playtested with larger units of Thralls or with the Eidolons?  This is just parroted on the internet with very little backing it up. 

Actually this is all based on my own experience playing deepkin. I've never actually used more than 6 morsarr in a game. I've played with large units of thralls and used both types of eidolon. 

I have had moderate success on a local level, for instance winning a small tournament, using mixed idoneth lists. However, I am very much aware of where the army struggles against those at the cutting edge. 

• Like 1

So am I understanding that Gors are being advertised as being a better option over the popular ungor raiders?

Ungor raiders are not battle line, meaning that if a battle line unit is better than them in all ways now, there’s no reason to take them.

also ungor raiders not being upgraded to count as battle line further makes them worthless.

4 hours ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

I care more about the following

"However, to make sure your Pitched Battles are as balanced as possible, we’ll be releasing an early (and free) points update to the most recent battletomes – for reference, that’s Skaven, Blades of Khorne, Fyreslayers, Gloomspite Gitz and Flesh-eater Courts. Keep an eye out for this – and the General’s Handbook 2019 FAQ – in early July."

Since skaven and FEC have the most broken units in the game currently.

So, I'm wondering why Gloomspite Gitz is the only one not underlined.

I've seen a bunch of point pages (I understand posting them would be against the rules). I can say that everyone should lower their expectations. So far it seems this book will do very little to balance the meta. GW was very, very conservative with changes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

I've seen a bunch of point pages (I understand posting them would be against the rules). I can say that everyone should lower their expectations. So far it seems this book will do very little to balance the meta. GW was very, very conservative with changes.

I have to believe this is them shifting gears to 3 month points updates. To do so little for so many struggling armies is whack. Another year of being dominated by newer armies will sour the game for a lot of people.

1 hour ago, Kelsicle said:

Soulscryer up to 130, seems a bit harsh

Yes is nuts. Thats a 30% increase when in contrast totally overpriced units like the turtle got something like a 8% decrease or magic avatar got a 4,5% decrease. Those units were absurdly overcosted before. But now being 1 point cheaper will be autoinclude for sure haha.

So a tipical tourney list with 30 baldys and eel spam will have like 100points less. That is 1 unit less. And that list wasnt toping charts. Was 5-6 place tournement wise. So it will go down sligthy.

So our top list ( that wasnt so great) will be worse. But my mixed list with things like turtle.40 baldys. Sharks etc ( friendly list that was pretty bad before) only got 40p cheaper. Thats nothing. Only a usseless triumph! Yay

I think the points changes should have been bigger. Like bigger nerf on eels and even greater reduction on the others units in order to get a balanced army. Rigth now we totally rely on eels. Since i dont see any reason to get thralls at 130points when swordmasters are better and now will cost 110-120 points.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, prochuvi said:

Minor nerfs,and minor bufs.

One year more of fec and skavens winning the meta and non battletome armys being useless

Their update will come out along with GHB FAQ at the beginning of July, let's wait.... It is less than a month

Edited by HammerOfSigmar

I wasn't planning on buying this as I didn't end up using the last one all that much but I have changed my mind. They have packed a lot of great stuff in for narrative and open play that I really like the sound of. Meeting Engagement sound great too. Looking forward to this release.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TMS said:

I'm stoked about the 40p drop on Blood Knights, although I fear a raise on the VLoZD. For more Soulblight things, the Bloodseeker Palanquin is in pretty desperate need of help and could use a good discount.

Same,  this is HUGE for Soulblight and LoB. They are a decent unit way overpointed. Only issue is now I need to buy yet another 5 of Gamezones mournful knights, cos gw sculpts suck donkey balls and dragon princes painted red is so 90’s. Lol