Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Azmodan, no one said it’s unplayable. It’s just useless for people who don’t wanna field a full daemon army. It’s completely different.

People just wanted the same treatment other Chaos battletomes got.

Also nobody said the models are not beautiful, again, they are just not for people who want to field a Slaanesh mortal list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, at the start of age of Sigmar. Khorne had the bloodbound release. Several new units and Heroes, and a new named mortal character. 

It is not wrong, to want the other three chaos Gods to get the same treatment.

 Tzeentch should have at least a blood Warriors equivalent and some new mortal Heroes and named mortal characters.

Nurgle needs to get his cultist equivalent. And some more unique mortal units and heroes( not named characters). I would also like him to get his own beastmen.

Slaanesh should have all the things, a cultist equivalent, a unique blood Warriors equivalent, and just some more unique mortal units and Heroes, especially named mortal characters, as he has always had one character. I would be even happier if he got his own a version of gors.

There is no reason that Khorne should be the only chaos god with a robust diversity of mortal units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 It's simple, people wanted a full AoS army, but this release was focused on Slaanesh-y Demons and rules for them (and 40k). People that wanted mortals are still going to wait.

I was an old Sigvald fan, and I still want some type of Slaanesh-mortals, but the next release is not about them. Disapointing or not, it's our fault that after two presentations we still believed that half of the range was hidden because "reasons".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lernaean said:

Azmodan, no one said it’s unplayable. It’s just useless for people who don’t wanna field a full daemon army. It’s completely different.

People just wanted the same treatment other Chaos battletomes got.

Ok let’s see her, we have Maggotkin of nurgle which got no new mortal units, except for 1or two new hero’s, the rest was taken from the end times.

Khorne got bloodwarriors, bloodreavers, 4new mortal hero’s and the rest of Bloodbound was taken from what was back then known as warriors of chaos.

Tzeentch got acolytes (cultists) and a gaunt  summoner on foot for its own mortal range as new models.

Skaven got Sadly nothing new and we are still suffering from failcast and metal made miniature.

and Slaanesh got I guess no new mortal units (or at least not yet?)

So basically Slaanesh is standing over skaven, at the same level as nurgle and just barley under khorne and tzeentch if we compare their special mortal range.

And as it has been with the rest of the special chaos god books (not including skaven)  Slaanesh will probably get their own commandtraits, spell lores and artefact for the other mostly overlooked slave to darkness range.

so yeah make your own conversions my friends and start your slave to Slaanesh army today!😉

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Overread said:

Beg GW for a legacy print run of Juan Diazt Deamonettes/seekers :)

Have like 60 of Deamonettes by Juan Diaz but I am still undecided about paiting Slaanesh army got to see rules but I am Aelf player for life :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slaanesh range in general is not at the same level as Nurgle, and nowhere near Tzeentch and Khorne.

We can downplay this as much as we want, but let’s not compare the range of the other chaos books with that of Slaanesh, even with the new models.

And I really would  have no problem converting, if only there was a base StD kit that didn’t look like it is from another game due to how old it is.

We are not owed anything, but people are not crazy when they say Slaanesh needs mortals or that Marauders need an update ASAP.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a lot of jimmies are rustled, and worse of it, its people complaining about others disappointment.  What an uncanny reaction to have.

Terribly sorry that my disappointment with the product of a company  does not fit in with your echo chamber of praise.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2019 at 4:18 AM, HollowHills said:

If a KoS is that large how does it... y'know... with mortals?

thats a Secret the Keeper holds ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Ok let’s see her, we have Maggotkin of nurgle which got no new mortal units, except for 1or two new hero’s, the rest was taken from the end times.

Khorne got bloodwarriors, bloodreavers, 4new mortal hero’s and the rest of Bloodbound was taken from what was back then known as warriors of chaos.

Tzeentch got acolytes (cultists) and a gaunt  summoner on foot for its own mortal range as new models.

Skaven got Sadly nothing new and we are still suffering from failcast and metal made miniature.

and Slaanesh got I guess no new mortal units (or at least not yet?)

So basically Slaanesh is standing over skaven, at the same level as nurgle and just barley under khorne and tzeentch if we compare their special mortal range.

And as it has been with the rest of the special chaos god books (not including skaven)  Slaanesh will probably get their own commandtraits, spell lores and artefact for the other mostly overlooked slave to darkness range.

so yeah make your own conversions my friends and start your slave to Slaanesh army today!😉

 

 

 

I guess it depends if you count the whole Tzeentch Arcanites part (Karic acylotes, Tzaangors, Ogloid something-mage and enlighten) as mortal forces but they are at least different from the Daemons of tzeentch keyword wise

Nurgle got the Pusgole blightlord for it release though

Skaven: welp I don't know what to tell ya, could have used plastic Skyre Acylotes and weapon team, but at least you always had Skaven Daemon lords in your army

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Ok let’s see her, we have Maggotkin of nurgle which got no new mortal units, except for 1or two new hero’s, the rest was taken from the end times.

Khorne got bloodwarriors, bloodreavers, 4new mortal hero’s and the rest of Bloodbound was taken from what was back then known as warriors of chaos.

Tzeentch got acolytes (cultists) and a gaunt  summoner on foot for its own mortal range as new models.

Skaven got Sadly nothing new and we are still suffering from failcast and metal made miniature.

and Slaanesh got I guess no new mortal units (or at least not yet?)

So basically Slaanesh is standing over skaven, at the same level as nurgle and just barley under khorne and tzeentch if we compare their special mortal range.

And as it has been with the rest of the special chaos god books (not including skaven)  Slaanesh will probably get their own commandtraits, spell lores and artefact for the other mostly overlooked slave to darkness range.

so yeah make your own conversions my friends and start your slave to Slaanesh army today!😉

 

 

 

People keep saying this, but Maggotkin got the Pusgoyles. They may just be mounted Blightkings, but I’d be happy with a unit of dismounted Hellstriders. 

Tzeentch also got Tzaangor, Tzaangor on discs, and a Tzaangor hero, which might not strictly be ‘mortal’, but they fulfil the same role of increasing the diversity of the basic troop options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 7:55 PM, Aleser said:

Sylvaneth warband for shadespire got warcsroll and there are some new keywords so their tome is around prob. Also I never saw shadespire band with weapons they are not using in AoS so we might se maybe new kit with revenants with bows. 

The Chosen Axes, has a Vulkite Berzerker with a 2-handed axe (cant remember its name but nothing else in the army has that weapon)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if the new keeper of Secrets is beautiful, I wasn't completly convinced by it.

But when I saw Shalaxi Helbane, WOW, just WOW, AMAZING! Is it just me or this one is even more impressive than KoS? Playable also in both 40K and AoS. Maybe his color shame gives this impression. BTW, nice to know that it is a  multikit  big box.

SlaaneshPreview-Apr21-Shalaxi3jnce.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am very disappointed with this battletome. I have been waiting for years to collect a force of Slaanesh like those outings for Tzeentch, Khorne and Nurgle but the GW does not seem to have understood the enormous potential, a pity. I will not buy anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m actually not convinced with this head, but seeing all the options, this kit will be amazing to build.

One day I’ll field my KoS with a host of Slaanesh barbarians and it will be awesome :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Still-young said:

1)People keep saying this, but Maggotkin got the Pusgoyles. They may just be mounted Blightkings, but I’d be happy with a unit of dismounted Hellstriders. 

2)Tzeentch also got Tzaangor, Tzaangor on discs, and a Tzaangor hero, which might not strictly be ‘mortal’, but they fulfil the same role of increasing the diversity of the basic troop options. 

1)yeah I forget they existed as well😅

2) I wasn’t sure if people also included Gors as mortals,  but good to know.

anyways I think Slaanesh has a huge variety to choose from, yes they may not have gotten any new mortal units, or Slaangors, but I mean the option to take slave to darkness and even have a whole army of dedicated Slaanesh beastmen, is fantastic.

and with the possible extra range of new chaos barbarian models who might just get rules to be played in the actual existing game system,

So let’s wait and see till we have the new book.

7 minutes ago, Sokhar said:

I am very disappointed with this battletome. I have been waiting for years to collect a force of Slaanesh like those outings for Tzeentch, Khorne and Nurgle but the GW does not seem to have understood the enormous potential, a pity. I will not buy anything.

So am I over the skavenrange (it’s very sad to see that acolytes, all weapon teams, the whole Eshin range, halve of the moulder range etc. Looks so bad and most of them are even made out of failcast or metal.

so yeah I feel your pain.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

1)yeah I forget they existed as well😅

2) I wasn’t sure if people also included Gors as mortals,  but good to know.

anyways I think Slaanesh has a huge variety to choose from, yes they may not have gotten any new mortal units, or Slaangors, but I mean the option to take slave to darkness and even have a whole army of dedicated Slaanesh beastmen, is fantastic.

and with the possible extra range of new chaos barbarian models who might just get rules to be played in the actual existing game system,

So let’s wait and see till we have the new book.

So am I over the skavenrange (it’s very sad to see that acolytes, all weapon teams, the whole Eshin range, halve of the moulder range etc. Looks so bad and most of them are even made out of failcast or metal.

But any chaos army can take Slaves to Darkness etc, as well as having more of their own options. That’s not unique to Slaanesh, and therefore still leaves them behind the other gods. Also, most of those models are old and not great, partly why I was hoping for a new unit kit. 

Edited by Still-young

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

1)yeah I forget they existed as well😅

2) I wasn’t sure if people also included Gors as mortals,  but good to know.

anyways I think Slaanesh has a huge variety to choose from, yes they may not have gotten any new mortal units, or Slaangors, but I mean the option to take slave to darkness and even have a whole army of dedicated Slaanesh beastmen, is fantastic.

and with the possible extra range of new chaos barbarian models who might just get rules to be played in the actual existing game system,

So let’s wait and see till we have the new book.

So am I over the skavenrange (it’s very sad to see that acolytes, all weapon teams, the whole Eshin range, halve of the moulder range etc. Looks so bad and most of them are even made out of failcast or metal.

Yeah I was upset about the skaven release too. Seemed like little for a very popular army (far more popular than slaneesh). 

I hope the tiny aos armies, like ironjawz, fyreslayers, kharadron overlords, sylvanneth get new units and not just a new hero. They are the ones that need it the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, novakai said:

 Nurgle has also has a lot of Named mortal characters, Glotkin, the 3 crawler bois, Gutrot Spume, Festus, and that counting their forgeworld models like Tamurakhan.

All of which existed before Maggotkin, so of course they are in the book.

 

Could the lack of new Slaanesh mortals (and inclusion of mortals in other non-Skaven chaos books) boil down to a simple matter of production?

 

The other books either had older stuff to just drop in or had production windows, whereas Slaanesh could only get do much in. Maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Still-young said:

But any chaos army can take Slaves to Darkness etc, as well as having more of their own options. That’s not unique to Slaanesh, and therefore still leaves them behind the other gods. Also, most of those models are old and not great, partly why I was hoping for a new unit kit. 

Yeap, there’s the whole argument. We all would hope for a mortal unit on foot, and the army will need it regardless, but if there were proper kits for StD there wouldn’t be so much fuss about it. Hopefully we’ll have an update this year.

Also ‘not great’ is the understatement of the month 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aryann said:

It's not a forum  when only some opinions are allowed and others are forbidden.

And free speech is a well fitting term here. We've already had a discussion where not popular believes were beaing punished while the contradictory were left untouched. It's happening everywhere, not only here.

While I do after with the historical idea of a forum being an open place to exchange ideas, truly, I do have to point out again that this place is a private venture. We don't dictate the rules to the owner. He dictates them to us. Does that make it not really a forum in the traditional sense? Maybe, but we probably need to accept that words (other than "meta") evolve or get abused, and "forum" is one of those words.

Again, free speech has zero (zilch, nadda, no, none) application here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lernaean said:

. It’s just useless for people who don’t wanna field a full daemon army

Wow. Not even. At all. Great hyperbole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xking said:

There is no reason that Khorne should be the only chaos god with a robust diversity of mortal units

And yet, they still are a bad army.

Be careful what you wish for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sete said:

I see a lot of jimmies are rustled, and worse of it, its people complaining about others disappointment.  What an uncanny reaction to have.

Terribly sorry that my disappointment with the product of a company  does not fit in with your echo chamber of praise.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much my friend. The level of disappointment here has been very well managed, like most things are on this forum. 

You can’t help the hurt feelings brigade. It’s unclear what exactly the motivation there is. You will notice that a lot of those folks don’t respond when any number of people give well thought out reasons for the disappointment, and instead just come back to the “you should be grateful” argument. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sleboda said:

Wow. Not even. At all. Great hyperbole.

Ok, you’re right. Let me rephrase.

The current model lineup is useless if you want to field a mortal only army that is aesthetically in line with the other armies of the game.

I think that’s pretty accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...