The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Sleboda said:

Err mer gerd tell me about it! Cleaning up models and assembling then is easily my most hated part of the hobby. That said I put together 40 poorly cast Bloodletters over the past two weeks anyway!

They didn't even put the round bases in the plastic baggie like they did in the other start collecting box. Everything was just haphazardly tossed in there. I think that's why 2 pieces broke off the sprue. One was in the box, but idk where the other one is and they only give you 10 so there's no extras. IDK what to do, guess one of my guys just has to have a back crack :(

7 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

They didn't even put the round bases in the plastic baggie like they did in the other start collecting box. Everything was just haphazardly tossed in there. I think that's why 2 pieces broke off the sprue. One was in the box, but idk where the other one is and they only give you 10 so there's no extras. IDK what to do, guess one of my guys just has to have a back crack :(

That sounds suss man. Might want to ring gw customer support.

59 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Err mer gerd tell me about it! Cleaning up models and assembling them is easily my most hated part of the hobby. That said, I put together 40 poorly cast Bloodletters over the past two weeks anyway!

More quote: "Nurgle only has 1 mortal and that’s the Putrid Blightkings"

Yep, and they came out before AoS, so that mortal "cultist" kit was a "yeah, might as well put 'em in the book" item.

Nurgle has also has a lot of Named mortal characters, Glotkin, the 3 crawler bois, Gutrot Spume, Festus, and that counting their forgeworld models like Tamurakhan.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

I absolutely love the new models, and definitely love the KoS, especially after I saw the whip option I cried, but I’m really disappointed too.

People from outside my/our bubble might not get it and wonder why we’re whining when we get to have such beautiful models, but the fact is that we did wait too long, only to get a book with less options than the other three, and that we all know that due to popularity, we have no idea when it’s gonna be updated, so technically we might have to wait for years before we actually see Slaanesh mortals now, and that’s where the disappointment comes from.

I’m sorry, I’ll buy the book, and will probably get myself a KoS, but I won’t be doing anything more with Slaanesh as it is now. Now I think I’ll wait for Darkoath and see what we’re getting there and hope for the best. If Darkoath is just an updated Undivided book and they just add more options in it, update the Marauders kit with a new Darkoath/barbarian kit, and the Warriors kit with a new Warriors/Chosen kit, and add a couple of leaders, then it will be a good release imo and I’ll jump in. If that doesn’t happen either, I’ll probably start a Khorne list with the contents if the first AoS box plus a few more purchases, and work from there. Khorne is another favorite of mine anyway, I just didn’t want to be the 60th guy with a Khorne list on the table in any given game, but I’ll deal with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

Nah. What's scary is that people think free speech (the idea that you cannot generally be imprisoned for expressing yourself) means that we have a right to say whatever we want in a privately owned forum even after we agreed to the terms the owner set forth, thus allowing us into his or her forum..

The point of a forum is that people can share their opinions. It's not a forum  when only some opinions are allowed and others are forbidden.

And free speech is a well fitting term here. We've already had a discussion where not popular believes were beaing punished while the contradictory were left untouched. It's happening everywhere, not only here.

In other news, now I'm even more confident we'll be seing Aelves at the Warhammer Fest in May rather than Darkoath due to how fast was this Slaanesh release and we shouldn't expect Big Slaanesh Campaign. It's seems logic that they'll bring an adversary to Slaanesh in form of Tyrion/Teclis or Malerion rather than next Chaos release in form of Slaves to Darkness/ Darkoath. And we are not expecting any other rumoured big release right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ravinsild said:

Man even Seraphon kind of sucks and looks old and they’re mostly plastic. 

Well said but slight nit. Seraphon are far from mostly plastic.

Fine cast - Slann, Lord Kroak, Skink Starseer, Scar Veteran On Cold one, Saurus Eternity Warden, Saurus Astrolith Bearer, Saurus Sunblood, Chameleon Skinks, razordons, salamanders, kroxigor, skink priest with feathered cloak

plastic - stegadon, engine of the gods, skinks, knights, warriors, temple guard, skink star priest, ripperdactyls, terradon, both carnosaur heros, troglodon, bastiladon

We have 13 plastic units and 12 finecast units.

I thnk the best part of our range from a plastic perspective is how diverse the kits are. Like one kit for 2x carno and trog. A kit for stegadon (both varients + eotg). So we have that type of thing going for us.

• Like 1

Even though I don't collect slaanesh, I am rather disappointed with the lack of mortals. Honestly all gw really needed to do was to release 1 mortal unit, maybe something akin to blight kings. It could've been dual kit even, giving slaanesh 2 mortal options. That wouldn't have made pure mortal armies work but it would allow people to make more mortal focused armies (mix of demons and mortals).

• Like 2

I guess not many people will buy the hedonites collectors edition Battletome, because it seems many Slaanesh Fans feel the same about the incompleteness 🙄

Everybody can argue, that we have StD and a Book is better then nothing. But I think, if a lot of the current Slaanesh players feel the same, it holds some truth.

And if you want to start a new hedonites army and you don’t like the daemonettes you are screwed due to the lack of troops. This will not increase sales and then it could look like it is not worth updating Slaanesh in the future, this is what I'm a little bit afraid of...

• Like 3

Exactly that. They took ages to update Slaanesh because it is not popular, but when they do it's an incomplete update that it's not gonna entice new players because you are basically playing the same things you were already playing, so it keeps being less popular than the other Chaos gods, so it doesn't get updated, etc... 

To me this update reeks of lazyness, and that kinda stings after all the years of Slaanesh neglection

Edited by Benkei
  • Like 2

I wouldnt call it lazy. The new models are gorgeous!

Maybe mortal cults are gona spread in the mortal realms once the story moves forward from malign portents and so on? 

Maybe they will come around when the Elves enter the fray?

Keep an open mind people 😎

And that comming from a guy whos army has no Battletome yet! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Err mer gerd tell me about it! Cleaning up models and assembling them is easily my most hated part of the hobby. That said, I put together 40 poorly cast Bloodletters over the past two weeks anyway!

More quote: "Nurgle only has 1 mortal and that’s the Putrid Blightkings"

Yep, and they came out before AoS, so that mortal "cultist" kit was a "yeah, might as well put 'em in the book" item.

They got the Pusgoyles with the Maggotkin release, so they have 2 mortal units, and a handful of mortal hero’s. 

• Like 1

I'm really happy with the Slaanesh release; the new models look great, and it seems we've got some interesting rules. The lack of mortals doesn't so much disappoint me as confuse me; the two Malign Portent stories focussed on mortals (the Seekers and the Magnificent Mirror), artwork used in a very recent teaser picture had mortals in it, all of the other gods have their unique mortals, Slaanesh seemed to be hyped to be a massive release (not down to GW, just fan reaction), and they answered "will there be mortals" with a rather suggestive "who knows  what the Dark Prince has in store"... it seemed like the writing was on the wall for mortals.  So I guess I'm just confused more than anything.  

Community: Slaanesh is dead

Gw: haha nope!

Community: Fiends suck!

Gw: Here you go!! Awesome Models great rules!

Community: Herald suck!

Gw: Here you go. Infernal Enrapturres The best looking Herald ever.

Com: Plastic keeper! The model suck!

GW: Yes Sir!

Com: Bleh :/every other god have na named greater demon.

GW: Fluff, model, and A giant spear of penetration Sir!

Com: Stuff!!!!!!

GW: Yes Sir!!!!!!! Daemon prince, masque, mirror twins.

Com: Tournaments! Rules! balance!!

GW: Spells and terrain for you Sir!

Com: sooooo do we have mortals?

GW: but......

Com: this realese suck! Army is unpleable... where are my Tomb Knights.... make damage control post!!

People like this realese is 80% of all of the 2018 wish listing.  And its awesome. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 9

Azmodan, no one said it’s unplayable. It’s just useless for people who don’t wanna field a full daemon army. It’s completely different.

People just wanted the same treatment other Chaos battletomes got.

Also nobody said the models are not beautiful, again, they are just not for people who want to field a Slaanesh mortal list.

It's simple, people wanted a full AoS army, but this release was focused on Slaanesh-y Demons and rules for them (and 40k). People that wanted mortals are still going to wait.

I was an old Sigvald fan, and I still want some type of Slaanesh-mortals, but the next release is not about them. Disapointing or not, it's our fault that after two presentations we still believed that half of the range was hidden because "reasons".

23 minutes ago, Lernaean said:

Azmodan, no one said it’s unplayable. It’s just useless for people who don’t wanna field a full daemon army. It’s completely different.

People just wanted the same treatment other Chaos battletomes got.

Ok let’s see her, we have Maggotkin of nurgle which got no new mortal units, except for 1or two new hero’s, the rest was taken from the end times.

Khorne got bloodwarriors, bloodreavers, 4new mortal hero’s and the rest of Bloodbound was taken from what was back then known as warriors of chaos.

Tzeentch got acolytes (cultists) and a gaunt  summoner on foot for its own mortal range as new models.

Skaven got Sadly nothing new and we are still suffering from failcast and metal made miniature.

and Slaanesh got I guess no new mortal units (or at least not yet?)

So basically Slaanesh is standing over skaven, at the same level as nurgle and just barley under khorne and tzeentch if we compare their special mortal range.

And as it has been with the rest of the special chaos god books (not including skaven)  Slaanesh will probably get their own commandtraits, spell lores and artefact for the other mostly overlooked slave to darkness range.

so yeah make your own conversions my friends and start your slave to Slaanesh army today!😉

Slaanesh range in general is not at the same level as Nurgle, and nowhere near Tzeentch and Khorne.

We can downplay this as much as we want, but let’s not compare the range of the other chaos books with that of Slaanesh, even with the new models.

And I really would  have no problem converting, if only there was a base StD kit that didn’t look like it is from another game due to how old it is.

We are not owed anything, but people are not crazy when they say Slaanesh needs mortals or that Marauders need an update ASAP.

• Like 1

I see a lot of jimmies are rustled, and worse of it, its people complaining about others disappointment.  What an uncanny reaction to have.

Terribly sorry that my disappointment with the product of a company  does not fit in with your echo chamber of praise.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Ok let’s see her, we have Maggotkin of nurgle which got no new mortal units, except for 1or two new hero’s, the rest was taken from the end times.

Khorne got bloodwarriors, bloodreavers, 4new mortal hero’s and the rest of Bloodbound was taken from what was back then known as warriors of chaos.

Tzeentch got acolytes (cultists) and a gaunt  summoner on foot for its own mortal range as new models.

Skaven got Sadly nothing new and we are still suffering from failcast and metal made miniature.

So basically Slaanesh is standing over skaven, at the same level as nurgle and just barley under khorne and tzeentch if we compare their special mortal range.

And as it has been with the rest of the special chaos god books (not including skaven)  Slaanesh will probably get their own commandtraits, spell lores and artefact for the other mostly overlooked slave to darkness range.

so yeah make your own conversions my friends and start your slave to Slaanesh army today!😉

I guess it depends if you count the whole Tzeentch Arcanites part (Karic acylotes, Tzaangors, Ogloid something-mage and enlighten) as mortal forces but they are at least different from the Daemons of tzeentch keyword wise

Nurgle got the Pusgole blightlord for it release though

Skaven: welp I don't know what to tell ya, could have used plastic Skyre Acylotes and weapon team, but at least you always had Skaven Daemon lords in your army

49 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

People keep saying this, but Maggotkin got the Pusgoyles. They may just be mounted Blightkings, but I’d be happy with a unit of dismounted Hellstriders. 

Tzeentch also got Tzaangor, Tzaangor on discs, and a Tzaangor hero, which might not strictly be ‘mortal’, but they fulfil the same role of increasing the diversity of the basic troop options. 

On 4/20/2019 at 7:55 PM, Aleser said:

Sylvaneth warband for shadespire got warcsroll and there are some new keywords so their tome is around prob. Also I never saw shadespire band with weapons they are not using in AoS so we might se maybe new kit with revenants with bows. 

The Chosen Axes, has a Vulkite Berzerker with a 2-handed axe (cant remember its name but nothing else in the army has that weapon)