The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, shinros said:

They blasted their foot off, they set a precedent with the other god releases so far this is looking like Battletome: Grand Alliance Chaos w/ Mark of Slaanesh.

Psst, GW prove me wrong please. Please...

Exactly. I expect a bigger release after the last event preview and than the new artwork last week I was certain that we would get new mortals.. and now we only got new centerpiece models, while beautiful.. you need beautiful troops to start a new army. Not outdated marauders or chaos warriors. 😞 Daemonettes alone while not do it.

Maybe I was spoiled for the last 18 months, but this is a disappointment. I am looking to start a new AoS army this year. I hoped Slaanesh would be it, but hopefully the next army with a substantial miniature release will be it.

56 minutes ago, shinros said:

Well...he's not wrong. Firebat laid it out quite clearly that they are incomplete compared to the other gods if there aren't any new mortal models. 

I think I maybe see "incomplete" differently.

Will a Hedonites army have access to be spells, new terrain, new and/or updated rules? Yep.

Will it also have all the information you need to play fun and (fingers crossed) decently balanced games within that book's offerings (in other words, you don't have to go to outside sources if you don't want to)? I'm betting heavily that it will.

Add in great art, compelling story, and perhaps some new battleplans and Path stuff and it sure seems to me like a complete Battletome.

Sure, it would be nice to see other units included, but unless they advertised it as containing the warscrolls for new mortal followers of Slaanesh and then when the book came out we're not in it, it isn't incomplete without mortals.

Heck, even if they titled something like The Followers of The Fun God and didn't have mortals I suppose you could call it misleading and borderline incomplete, but that's not what is being sold here. (BTW I think the book will contain the rules for current Slaanesh mortal models.)

And again, if a player wants mortals in the book and they are left out, they are 100% available as an _optional_ yet totally compatible set of warscrolls found elsewhere, likely not even breaking allegiance benefits.

I want new mortal models for them, too. Yep. I surely do. I'm guessing we will see them brought in via the StD update. Still, I believe we can't reasonably call Hedonites incomplete without new mortal models offered between the front and back cover of that book simply because we really really wish they were in there.

Also, what new mortal models did Khorne get? I could be having a brain gaseous leak (the actual word was filtered 🙄) at the moment, but didn't the book just update rules and bring in things that had trickled out elsewhere? Hedonites feels very much like Blades from that perspective. 

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well this is disappointing, but this makes me think that if there really aren't any mortals this release and they aren't just holding them back for a surprise reveal next week there might be another release and tome with them sometime in the future shortly after or before they release the new elves assuming they aren't next or anytime soon would be my guess. I mean Khorne's gotten multiple tomes so I don't see why they couldn't do the same with Slaanesh, it would suck but at least we're getting updated rules and a few new models for them now and there could be slaaneshi mortals coming with warcry (which would also kinda suck since it won't be out with this release).

We also have no idea what changes to the rules there will be so I'm going to hold my judgement until we know a bit more about what's in the tome, personally I don't have any problems running an all slaaneshi daemon army or one with StD mixed in but that said it would have been nice to at least get a new sculpt for the old metal slaaneshi Chaos lord on Daemonic Mount the thing's ancient and tiny when compared to some of the other mounted models on the same base (like the Akhelian King/Volturnos)

3 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

mean Khorne's gotten multiple tomes so I don't see why they couldn't do the same with Slaanesh, it would suck but at least we're getting updated rules and a few new models for them now 

Yeah, I don't mind new Battletomes for the same army every 3+ years, but quicker outdating than that is irksome - especially if you went in for the double-cost limited version of the first one. Ouch.

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

Insightful and useful to the readers here. Thank you.

You are welcome.

I don't  think repeating what others have said already a dozen times is insightful  or useful for readers nor do I think that your StD bandaid solution actually  adresses any of the woes brought by people that were expecting a mortal cultist unit for an army that has been in the backburner for so long.

Edited by Sete
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I think I maybe see "incomplete" differently.

Will a Hedonites army have access to be spells, new terrain, new and/or updated rules? Yep.

Will it also have all the information you need to play fun and (fingers crossed) decently balanced games within that book's offerings (in other words, you don't have to go to outside sources if you don't want to)? I'm betting heavily that it will.

Add in great art, compelling story, and perhaps some new battleplans and Path stuff and it sure seems to me like a complete Battletome.

Sure, it would be nice to see other units included, but unless they advertised it as containing the warscrolls for new mortal followers of Slaanesh and then when the book came out we're not in it, it isn't incomplete without mortals.

Heck, even if they titled something like The Followers of The Fun God and didn't have mortals I suppose you could call it misleading and borderline incomplete, but that's not what is being sold here. (BTW I think the book will contain the rules for current Slaanesh mortal models.)

And again, if a player wants mortals in the book and they are left out, they are 100% available as an _optional_ yet totally compatible set of warscrolls found elsewhere, likely not even breaking allegiance benefits.

I want new mortal models for them, too. Yep. I surely do. I'm guessing we will see them brought in via the StD update. Still, I believe we can't reasonably call Hedonites incomplete without new mortal models offered between the front and back cover of that book simply because we really really wish they were in there.

Also, what new mortal models did Khorne get? I could be having a brain gaseous leak (the actual word was filtered 🙄) at the moment, but didn't the book just update rules and bring in things that had trickled out elsewhere? Hedonites feels very much like Blades from that perspective. 

The comparison to other factions is easy to do.

Just take everything you just said, and see if you would need to say it for the other Chaos gods.  The answer is, you would not.  And I don't follow at all your logic about the title.  What about Maggotkin of Nurgle speaks to mortals? Or even Disciples of Tzeentch?

Khorne got new mortals when the battletome was first redone as Blades of Khorne.

18 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

No you can't because they don't exist.

No one is talking about mortals as in Slaves to Darkness. You're completely missing the point and latching onto the word mortal as somehow being the important bit when it's not. No one cares about Chaos Warriors. Everyone can take Chaos Warriors. I can take them in a Tzeentch army. They play largely the same regardless of how you mark them. The issue isn't if they happen to be a daemon or not. It's cult troops. It's like them releasing a Slaanesh book for 40k and leaving out the Emperors Children and the Noise Marines but you'd be saying it's fine because they can still take Chaos Marines despite the other god specific legions being included in their own books.

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2019 at 12:00 AM, Austin said:

I hope you are deeply, truly, blazingly wrong about this release.  Shockingly wrong even.

However....the most likely outcome is that we will all be sad in a few weeks/months and you will be shaking your head like a parent whose kid just had to touch that stovetop. You tried, and we just didn't listen.  Now its time to get the ice bucket. 

Its appropriate that a Slaanesh release will find a way to hurt me.

Sorry man. The new models are excellent nonetheless and am sure the rules will make collecting them a much more enjoyable and rounded experience than has been the case up to this point. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nos said:

Sorry man. The new models are excellent nonetheless and am sure the rules will make collecting them a much more enjoyable and rounded experience than has been the case up to this point. 

Ha yeah you were right! 

But, I won’t be collecting them.  I will keep waiting for Sigvald to get an army of his mirrorguard!

Edited by Austin

14 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

Smh you guys in here getting this hype stuff and complaining it's not enough while I'm over here licking the same ogor model from 2003 like:

Be grateful GW at least moved you beyond pewter and leadbased models and into white metal! Otherwise we'd have to be rather seriously concerned about your Ogor licking! ;)

And I think most people really do like the new models, I think the mortal argument is more that people wanted "more" in the release to give them more justification to jump on in. There's likely also those who already ahve a large demonic army who wanted some alternative troops to help vary the battle style around. Whilst new leaders are cool and neat its unlikely to revolutionaise the style that the army plays with to a huge degree - that's where a new mortal troop can help. 

In the end I'm sure it will sell well and all the cries for more will get GW eager to make more updates to the line to tap into this market popularity! Plus we've no idea what might come in Warcry nor the Slaves update! 

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Be grateful GW at least moved you beyond pewter and leadbased models and into white metal! Otherwise we'd have to be rather seriously concerned about your Ogor licking! ;)

NY State lead trials proved that licking lead models is fine. Even eating then whole is fine (other than the pointy damages). I was there at the trial.

Just saying.

Lick that ogre. Lick it.

• Like 1

Everytime I think we are progressing into more well rounded people as a community, something minor happens like this and people act like babies. Check your outrage and whether it is really warranted - it really doesn't look good to others and may scare newcomers off from playing the game.

Yeah so slaneesh won't be as big army wise as the other four God's.  But it still has around the same amount of options as the new aos armies and more with the inclusion of slaves (and hopefully darkoath soon).

Edited by Riavan
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, Riavan said:

Everytime I think we are progressing into more well rounded people as a community, something minor happens like this and people act like babies. Check your outrage and whether it is really warranted - it really doesn't look good to others and may scare newcomers off from playing the game.

Yeah so slaneesh won't be as big army wise as the other four God's.  But it still has around the same amount of options as the new aos armies and more with the inclusion of slaves (and hopefully darkoath soon).

There’s very little, if any, outrage here. Disappointment is the word, and it’s not unwarranted. 

Every Chaos army has access to Slaves to Darkness. Slaanesh has waited the longest for their update and got the least out of it. No ones asking for much, and they aren’t expecting things blindly, there’s been a pattern to past chaos releases. 

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Riavan said:

GW are the ones who set the expectation due to the other gods, it's not unrealistic to see the reason why people are upset if there aren't any new mortals. What you think people will be smiles all the time? Look, sometimes you have to voice your disappointment. There is a reason why there is a wave of salt/disappointment in slaanesh facebook page, bolter and chainsword (40k), dakka, reddit and here at tga. 

So GW stuck one of the gods with one of the oldest ranges in the game and gave the other gods brand new and fresh mortals AND daemons to the other chaos god factions. That's IF they aren't releasing new mortals. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Riavan said:

Key thing to remember:

just because you don’t like the information doesn’t make it any less true.

it may sound like complaining, but it’s only because you don’t care or like it. Fact is fact 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Riavan said:

Check your outrage and whether it is really warranted - it really doesn't look good to others and may scare newcomers off from playing the game.

What's really scary is this no free speech, no criticism policy. Creating a bubble of mutual admiration society which hides its problems rather than work them out together just in case somebody may feel sorry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, shinros said:

GW are the ones who set the expectation due to the other gods, it's not unrealistic to see the reason why people are upset if there aren't any new mortals. What you think people will be smiles all the time? Look, sometimes you have to voice your disappointment. There is a reason why there is a wave of salt/disappointment in slaanesh facebook page, bolter and chainsword (40k), dakka, reddit and here at tga. 

So GW stuck one of the gods with one of the oldest ranges in the game and gave the other gods brand new and fresh mortals AND daemons to the other chaos god factions. That's IF they aren't releasing new mortals. 

Meanwhile my recently purchased Start Collecting! Khorne Daemons was just thrown in the box with 2 pieces missing (the Bloodletters back fins) and every single one of them has a visible outline of flash/line molds 👀

Im not dismissing your claims, but Bloodletters are not new lol. It’s taken me hours to build 30 as I’ve been having to deal with these horrible flash and mold lines. 

At least the new Flesh Hounds were a breeze to build!! 

I get that it’s disappointing that Slaanesh didn’t get as much as y’all hoped but don’t pretend every single thing for every single god is brand new. Khorne still has a LOT of resin heroes... we just now got all of our basic troop choices in full plastic 👀 and Khorne Berzerkers in 40k are literally 21 years old. If they were people they could legally drink. 

The main big pushes have been Nurgle and Tzeentch with Thousands Sons and Death Guard becoming whole stand alone ranges and that’s reflected in AoS too but honestly Nurgle only has 1 mortal and that’s the Putrid Blightkings. Everything else are Daemons I’m pretty sure unless it’s 40k. 

Still though I understand where you’re coming from and Slaanesh has waited a long time. I’m just excited so many armies are getting so many sweet new things. 40k Chaos FINALLY got some badly needed kits in plastic on common as dirt units! Their equivalent to a Devastator Squad (Havoks) JUST got updated, same with the Dark Apostle! 

I’m excited for this round robin style visit to each army because im hoping personally that in the next 10 years ALL armies in 40k AND AoS will have full plastic miniatures and we can kiss resin goodbye!! 

It took me 4 hours!!! To build 6 freaking goblins for the Blood Bowl game plus a troll because they were resin. All the extra scraping, cleaning, flash removal and stuff is ultra tedious!! 

Heres hoping for a T’au, Eldar (all of them), Orkz (again), Necron update and all the factions in AoS starting with the forgotten boys like Dispossed and the regular Aelves. These guys all need to get out of resin land and new books to keep up with the other armies. Man even Seraphon kind of sucks and looks old and they’re mostly plastic. 

Im hype for updates to everyone and then a second visit in the next 15 years hopefully. 

TL;DR: You’re not wrong but also the grass isn’t always greener and things aren’t 100% perfect even for the other 3 of the big 4.

Edited by Ravinsild
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Aryann said:

What's really scary is this no free speech,

Nah. What's scary is that people think free speech (the idea that you cannot generally be imprisoned for expressing yourself) means that we have a right to say whatever we want in a privately owned forum even after we agreed to the terms the owner set forth, thus allowing us into his or her forum.

And by scary, I mean disappointing. And by disappointing I mean sad that people don't bother to learn what words ("free speech") actually mean.

I mean, man, even within free speech there are limits and consequences. What we do here, in this forum, has notttthhhhing to do with free speech.

Frankly, I would prefer there to be more leeway in this forum, but I accept the limits as a condition of my granted (not a right - granted to me) participation.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 14
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Aryann said:

What's really scary is this no free speech, no criticism policy. Creating a bubble of mutual admiration society which hides its problems rather than work them out together just in case somebody may feel sorry. 

I'm sure you can notice the difference between intelligently criticizing something and yelling, swearing and crying at anyone that seems enthusiastic or is happy with the release. I'm not saying you are doing this. I'm saying I'm seeing this on a ton of social media and Warhammer pages.

It really has nothing to do with freedom of speech. You can say what you want. Just like I can call it out like I want as well, and talk about how it negatively affects people's perceptions of our hobby. And remember that is what it is, a hobby.

Edited by Riavan
  • Like 2

So - anyone got any rumours?

I got a minor one: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Chaos-Lord-of-Slaanesh

Chaos Lord of Slaanesh went No Longer Available on the Canadian store - now I know a few of you will jump on this and say it's UK based so that's the only one that matters, but I've seen the CDN store actually predate some UK stuff when it comes to phase outs. 

Make of this what you will.

22 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Meanwhile my recently purchased Start Collecting! Khorne Daemons was just thrown in the box with 2 pieces missing (the Bloodletters back fins) and every single one of them has a visible outline of flash/line molds 👀

Err mer gerd tell me about it! Cleaning up models and assembling them is easily my most hated part of the hobby. That said, I put together 40 poorly cast Bloodletters over the past two weeks anyway!

More quote: "Nurgle only has 1 mortal and that’s the Putrid Blightkings"

Yep, and they came out before AoS, so that mortal "cultist" kit was a "yeah, might as well put 'em in the book" item.

Edited by Sleboda