Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

55 minutes ago, Nos said:

“Oh you don’t like the new Persian Cow People? How about these Iron Man looking folks? “

Persian Cow People Confirmed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would wager we all know at least one person who will buy nearly all the new armies / army models GW release. Even if they later sell them on via ebay or Facebook. 

Keeping a lid on things until just before release probably helps maintain these high spenders as a customer base. 

Because of the resale market for GW product I would also suspect that people who buy the new shiny thing now, then want the next shiny thing, probably end up buying both as well. 

I’m Sprry but I heard mention of a forgeworld Tomb Kings model, does anyone have a picture or can perhaps explain it to me?

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

Persian Cow People Confirmed!

Ok I would actually buy a slaaneshi bullgor box with robes and a mix of cows and bulls. They could have those elegant persian maces instead of the normal axes. 

Part of me thinks that if they had two sweet boxes of mortal troops they would have shown them. Why not shoot your best shot in the biggest preview show of the year? However, I think the warcry rollout could give some people hope. They accidentally gave the impression it was chaos only because they just wanted to have a cool theme for their first preview vid. Maybe they just wanted a "demon champions" theme for their adepticon preview? It seems like an odd approach to me, bit they've done it successfully in the past.

The bad news as far as Slaanesh mortals are concerned is that when I went back and looked at the Idoneth preview from last year's adepticon, all of the new models were shown in the reveal video.

I mean if people are complaining about these type of small releases it be a good time to voice your opinions since the community survey is coming out. Or you could use their Facebook page or email To voice it.

back to rumor, looncurse may have a signify that Sylvaneath are going to have more spite creature on them

7 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I have basically no glue)

Thats very rough in this hobby...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Austin said:

The bad news as far as Slaanesh mortals are concerned is that when I went back and looked at the Idoneth preview from last year's adepticon, all of the new models were shown in the reveal video.

It's a missed opportunity. I have to agree that you might be right. Without cultists it's a no go for me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aryann said:

Nobody wants new Stormcasts yet they get new chamber opened every year

Somebody wants them as they sell bucketloads and if they didnt sell  bucketloads they wouldnt make them. At the end of the day they are a business. 

• Like 2

*stares at the new chamber which only unlocked new spells and terrain*

Um guys are we looking at the same chambers?

Can we stop talking about Stormcast sells and more about rumours instead. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Overread said:

*stares at the new chamber which only unlocked new spells and terrain*

Um guys are we looking at the same chambers?

Nobody has mentioned the new chamber...

The fact that something wasn’t about Stormcast explicitly doesn’t and won’t prevent them from being the foremost faction in AOS. 

Edited by Nos

13 minutes ago, Sete said:

It's a missed opportunity. I have to agree that you might be right. Without cultists it's a no go for me.

Same for me. I hope I’m wrong!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Austin said:

That was an entirely new army from the the ground up instead of an overhaul of an older army though.  However, if no mortals make an appearance, GW is going to get some pretty harsh feedback from a lot of people

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Austin said:

It’s not the whole of Slaanesh, just a subfaction who represent its growing power. When Slaanesh is released from his/her/it’s prison I would expect an associated army with Mortal followers.

But probably be at least a year + before that happens I would have thought. I’m not expecting that to happen until 3.0.

2 minutes ago, BaronBanana said:

That was an entirely new army from the the ground up instead of an overhaul of an older army though.  However, if no mortals make an appearance, GW is going to get some pretty harsh feedback from a lot of people

It's going to be pretty disappointing if there aren't any mortals or even updates to the current ones, especially after seeing what they've done with the new slaaneshi daemon prince. As much as I like the old metal lord on boobsnake it's a bit too small when you compare it to the other mounted heroes (like the Akhelian King which has the same base size) and there's the fact it's made of metal. 

Slaanesh might not even ever be released! Chains could break, powers could seep free but the prison might hold out. Even with seeping freedom Slaanesh could trash the Shadow Realm with an outpouring of demonic power. 

It might even be a long term thing and wouldn't be a bad idea to establish, considering how Chaos Gods in general have often been quite invincible. Having one caught levels the playing field in AoS compared to the other gods and also gives some "revenge" for the Chaos gods blowing up the old world

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Nos said:

It’s not the whole of Slaanesh, just a subfaction who represent its growing power. When Slaanesh is released from his/her/it’s prison I would expect an associated army with Mortal followers.

But probably be at least a year + before that happens I would have thought. I’m not expecting that to happen until 3.0.

At the start of the year you said, “Really think you’re down a blind alley with Slaanesh. Too early.  They’re not going to release two big new factions in Gloomspite and Darkoath and then risk them being overshadowed a quarter later with a long awaited member of the pantheon.

They’re going to let the Soul Wars saga breathe and continue to populate the realms with unique factions and better realise the existing ones  for another year. Then it will be Slaanesh and the Ulgu folks.”

Not sure why you felt, or feel this way. I said the same to you then, and I say it now - I assure you that the liberation of slaanesh isn’t a factor that will dictate slaanesh release’s.

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen

As a stormcast fan I want new releases every year, and want them to be the focus But I understand why others do not want that

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

Slaanesh might not even ever be released!

Perhaps She/He doesn't want to be released.  Perhaps Slaanesh has never been imprisoned before and is fully savouring this exquisite dungeon experience.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Nos said:

I thought at first you were saying Slaanesh wasn’t coming at all this year? Sorry if that wasn’t you, I didn’t look it up but I thought I remembered that.  I don’t know what you mean by a subfaction though.  Hedonites of Slaanesh seem like Blades of Khorne seem like Disciples of Tzeentch seem like Maggotkin of Nurgle.  It is just the new name for AoS. 

We are all definitely speculating wildly right now. Rumoring it up as it were.  Trying to read the tea leaves from which (as we see) all of us can make different conclusions haha. 

9 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Perhaps She/He doesn't want to be released.  Perhaps Slaanesh has never been imprisoned before and is fully savouring this exquisite dungeon experience.

Slaanesh, upon consuming and bloating upon the souls of the Elves of the Old World realised the great mistake. Consuming so much one had passed from excess and into the blighted realms of Nurgles insane eating! Thus its not prison, but a mystical Chaos God sized liposuction! 

9 minutes ago, chord said:

As a stormcast fan I want new releases every year, and want them to be the focus But I understand why others do not want that

As a gutbusters fan I want new releases every year, and want them to be the focus But I don't understand why others do not want that

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

If Mortals are not coming now I don't think they'll be coming at all, it would be really idiotic to release a Slaanesh battletome only to add new warscrolls like 6 months later

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A couple of things I have noted that keep coming up in this thread that Tom and Vince talked about in their last Warhammer Weekly Adepticon preview episode two nights ago (I do recommend checking these guys out, their weekly show has really grown on me and they have a lot of good info):

- first off, that piece of scenery/Forbidden Power - they mentioned that Forbidden Power has to do with the mythos of Sigmar just prior to gating off Azyr and the subsequent age of Chaos.  Sigmar went across the realms and took artifacts of immense power and sealed them away in the vaults so the Ruinous Powers could not get a hold of them.  The Necroquake has shaken those "locks".  This piece of scenery is apparently one of these "locks" and any army can take control of it thus supposedly unlocking the Vaults/Forbidden Power.  At least that is what I got of their summary from the panel which of course was vague enough to leave a lot of room to fill in the blanks at a later date  but give us a tease of what is to come (i.e. a bit more than just Malign Sorcery 2.0).  Forbidden Power is also supposed to advance the overall Soul Wars narrative.

- Warcry is going to be something like Necromunda meets Kill Team for AOS.  The kits ARE multi-build, this question was asked.  All factions WILL be usable in Warcry.  They are NOT pre-built warbands, you will be able to use your existing models.  It WILL be supported on the level of Kill Team and is a new IP they want to flourish.

- Slaanesh is getting a dual release for both AoS and 40K.  It was listed under Realm of Chaos on their Community Page but they previewed the cover of the Tome for AOS.  They said there IS more to come.  What we saw is predominantly demon-kin so would work for both systems (although the demon-prince looks very hand to hand vs shooty, there may be optional builds).  We may very well see mortals and additional models prior to actual release.

- They said outright in the panel that they are going to attempt to bring EVERY faction they can up to AOS 2.0 levels.  Some will be fast and furious for the time being with a book, endless spells/runes/prayers, and a piece of scenery.  This appears to be the norm of release now so it will not change anytime soon.  There will be some armies getting more and some all-new armies making their appearance in the Mortal Realms for the first time.  It IS going to be a HUGE year for AOS.

Also, regarding Stormcast.  They opened the panel by saying their huge reveal was.... a new Stormcast Chamber.  Which apparently was met with a room of absolute silence.  They moved on with a "just kidding" so they are aware of the "online vocal crew".

I am not sure if any of you are watching the new Stormcast pod-casts but they offer up a wealth of information on how GW actually goes about designing and planning their projects.  I see a ton of speculation in this thread that could have some clear light shown on it by watching these.  The latest featuring the godfather of the Warhammer design world, John Blanche puts a pin in exactly how Age of Sigmar came to be.  He is asked point blank, how did design on AOS start..  He said with Stormcast.  They were looking for an equivalent of Space Marines with the various Chapters that could be the basis of their new game.  He spent "ages" working on designs for Stormcasts and the entire game is based around them and how they could port other things from the World that Was into this new setting.  That is the basis.  They did their work well.  Stormcast are very cool and by packaging them into every release I have 2600 points of them and I have not bought a single stand-alone model.  I have not painted them yet nor plan to for some time as I have a lot of what I deem "cooler armies" to work on first but I have no beefs with the SCE and as Phil Kelly stated in an earlier episode of Stormcast, that the Age of Sigmar story is really their story so they will continue to be a focal point until the end of the Mortal Realms.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3