Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This got my blood pressure up for a bit. Nice rumor, but quickly dispelled like Endless Spells.

Just for my information: Where do the rumors for a Gutbusters tome come from? From my point of view a souped BT with BCR, Gutbuster etc is much more likely than a standalone Gutbusters tome. Is this just wishlisting from people who want to see a Gutbusters BT or is there any backing of this theory?

I've heard a few rumors about Gutbusters as well. "Friend of a friend who knows a guy who saw something he shouldnt" sort of stuff, which is why I wouldn't post it as a thing on its own... and certainly shouldn't be taken as any form of confirmation of anything.

Main point being there is a general low level buzz formed from multiple people talking along that line, as well as peoples interpretation of the current GW pattern. With supposed evidence being used including the layout of the AOS website (that Skaven and Grots were souped in descriptions, but Gutbusters were not)... etc.

At this stage there are rumors of "X faction is next" for pretty much all of them. Personally im more inclined to believe rumors which argue for a delay in releases for one reason or another (Slaanesh later as with the current Chaos releases Everchosen and STD soup would come before Slaanesh)...

We're in such speculation territory that we're talking in circles until we get that sweet sweet reveal announcement. Bring it on!

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Craze said:

Just for my information: Where do the rumors for a Gutbusters tome come from? From my point of view a souped BT with BCR, Gutbuster etc is much more likely than a standalone Gutbusters tome. Is this just wishlisting from people who want to see a Gutbusters BT or is there any backing of this theory?

Off the top of my head, the sources so far have been very spurious:

-NDAbreaker said it would happen - how true anything they said is is up for debate, but majority seem to feel they weren't on the level

-An image of an Ogor was used in GW's announcement that there would be more battletomes coming - but only as part of a generic 'Order, Chaos, Death, Destruction' bit of art that's been floating around for ages

-There was a design job at GW a little while ago where one of the application tasks was that you had to design allegiance abilities for Gutbusters. But obviously for a writing task they could have plucked anything out of the air - as someone who's set tasks like that myself, I can't say any of mine were ever meaningful indications of anything. If anything, you'd think they'd deliberately not tip their hand on anything for something as public as this. 

I think that's it. I do think it's not necessarily unlikely, based on the fact that the army has a decent range of plastic kits, and seems relatively well recognised by GW, in terms of having a store category, a place in the lore, art, etc. But IMO all the word pointing towards them has been no better than speculation so far. 

Edited by robinlvalentine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So far most of the rumours we've had have been "new member posts rumour claim" or "I've heard a rumour from someone". I think honestly what we've more got is a lot of wishlists that get repeated around enough in casual conversation that they turn into their own rumour. Hence why there's no unified source or any concrete information. Most rumours that come out tend to have some proven source; some evidence or at least specifics (eg dates). Thus far we only have "well seraphon are coming" type rumours; and honestly at this stage you can make enough claims and have a decent chance it will happen because we pretty much know its going to happen at some point this year or early next. 

Lets face it the age of the rumour is over. GW has clamped down, but also GW has reached out a lot more too. So we get regular news from them (heck their community site posts something every single day). I think this has taken a big pressure load off internal staff leaking hints to fans. They don't need to sneak out information to us because GW is giving us information in roughly 3 month or so blocks. In the past the lack of top down communication to fans I think made staff working within GW who were "in the know" leak out bits here and there to keep fans happy because they could see that the "surprise" releases and slower delivery time led to very unhappy fans. With that gone we've hoenstly seen a dry up of rumours. Heck the last big rumour was the Slaanesh sprue that leaked out in a box of generic sprue bits that GW was just dumping. 

• Like 5

This thread should be renamed to "News & Rumours". It would more accurately reflect the content and reality of the "New GW".

• Like 6

So the evening before Adepticon they put on a Seraphon Vs Slaves To Darkness Battle Report... Interesting.... 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MacDuff said:

This got my blood pressure up for a bit. Nice rumor, but quickly dispelled like Endless Spells.

Except for the Idoneth Endless spell, that monstruosity is unstoppable.

• Haha 1

Idoneth endless spell - Teclis's Bendy Snorkel.

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Idoneth endless spell - Teclis's Bendy Snorkel.

Nah defenitly a trophie Instrument take-stolen by a mighty clalwords who now rules clan fang or Morskritt.

we all know it has to do something with our beloved skaven.

look the the claw-rune inscribed in these trumpet, undeniable skaven!

It does look like something aelfish, but not idoneth. Idoneth details generally pop out the model and have a slight sharpish to the edges. Whereas this is indented design and very smooth. 

Hopefully... it matches the symbol on their helms.

99120219001_EternalGuard01.jpg

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, swiftmus said:

RumourEngine-Mar26-Content.2ivdhfwf.jpg

New rumour engine - looks Aelvish to me.

As @TheWolf has pointed at, looks very Wanderers for me. Could be a sign for something for the "Light" Aelves or could just be a character model for a upcoming one off game or even Shadespire/Warcry!

• Like 3

Hmmm looks like Wanderers

Looks like a horn....

Arise ORION! King of the Forests! Would be a nice poetic take to have the Wanderers and Sylvanath split and to have king and queen arisen for their respective forces. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well to came back to the Battle report for tomorrow , they changed it ... 

schermafbeelding-2019-03-26-om-14-22-26-

Either it's a fail #Leak because he should have been done later .... when books are out :)

1 hour ago, swiftmus said:

RumourEngine-Mar26-Content.2ivdhfwf.jpg

Its new Orions horn!!

Design looks High Elvish but the rune is Wanderers.

Good news anyways! Hopefully Gw finally figure out what to do with Elves.

Posted (edited)

Could be both, in a combined BT? Would be an instabuy for me.

Edited by Platypus
  • Like 2

I suppose with a lot of the outstanding rumor engine images solved via Chaos Marines, it's probably about time to start seeing Aelvish rumor engines.

I'd love to see Orion again, but his traditional horn design is much more rustic looking, while that horn looks metal and studded with gems, doesn't really fit Orion or the wanderer's aesthetic as we know it.

Though Orion coming back is not implausible, The Sylvaneth BT makes Kurnoth very canon still.  Bringing Wanderers and Sylvaneth back together is also a plausible move, I don't feel either faction has much room to expand their range as separate entities, but combined I could even be tempted into picking up another army I don't need.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i think before we see the return of the Aelves, Fireslayers and Seraphon have a much higher chance for update