The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Uiovich said:

They are more like mortal wing of Sigmar's scout forces. Corebook describes them like messengers from Azyr, not Hysh. They serve Sigmar, not Tyrion.

In the story of Dwan Spire, Swifthawk Agent defance the region of Hysh aganist Skaven. They Serve Tyrion and Teclis, not Sigmar.

Edited by passinghunter

25 minutes ago, passinghunter said:

In the story of Dwan Spire, Swifthawk Agent defance the region of Hysh aganist Skaven. They Serve Tyrion and Teclis, not Sigmar.

That was AoS1, It could be retconned. And I have that set so I can say it  wasn't stated that they serve Tyrion and Teclis. They just guard Transient Isles.

I think they could go many ways, I believe Malerion's Aelves will be 100% new army BUT let's remember that both Malerion and Hysh Twins want to "save" Aelves so there is possibilityto fold factions with newer kits into them but I think they will have huge release nonetheless. I doubt they will be like Daughters of Khaine. I expect Deepkin alike releases + maybe some older kits. It is quite easy to fold for example Swifthawk Agents (1 kit of Skycutter)and Pheonix Temple (2 kits) into Light Aelves.

The same with Malerion Aelves I could see Black Guards/Executioners, Dark Riders, folded into his force. 

But I also think folding Wanderers into Sylvaneth (for example with option to make Wanderers only army with specific Allegiance ability) is awesome idea. Such moves would reduce greatly number of Aelves mini factions.  

I would much rather see a 'Free Cities' tome that includes the former High Elves than an Aelf soup tome and I think it's the much more likely outcome. 

Aelves don't really have anything unifying them other than the Aelf keyword, which is in use by the Daughters of Kaine and the Idoneth Deepkin, and our collective memories of the Old World. If you look at the armies that have received soup tomes they have either: built out from one faction that has given them their theme like Moonclan or Beastmen; had a common keyword that unites them like Skaven; or had a unifying theme like the Legions of Nagash (auto-correct to Legions of Natasha 🤣). The disparate Aelf factions don't really have any of these. The most obvious option here would be the Swifthawk Agents, but that model range is OOP.

In the lore most of these factions (with some notable exceptions and these tend to be restricted by keyword) are part of the armies of Azyr or attached to the Free Cities in someway. There is little to no justifications for combined Aelf only armies at present. However, GW could get around this by including a the facility to create your own Free City, similar to the way that Kharadron Overlords can create Sky Ports, which would allow you to pick a number of traits, etc. and compose your army of the models that you like. Not only would this solve the Aelf problem, but it would also neatly solve the Ironweld problem at the same time.

GW have already done a lot of the work here with lore writing and the Firestorm Campaign supplement, they would solve three problems at once tidying up Order in almost one fell swoop and they could move onto the things they are clearly interested in: designing brand new factions, with interesting and unique IP's.

This is obviously my preference as well as what I think is the most likely outcome, but I don't really mind how they solve the Aelf, Dispossessed and Free People's problem, I just hope they do it soon. The other option is that they hang around until they can get folded into new factions and that could take a while...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vexcor said:

Slaves to Darkness got their new stuff, only one faction should be next to fight them : Seraphon!!

they fought chaos since the beginning and they will fight chaos when the damn humans are gone for a long time.

Jokes aside, what the world needs are more Dinos!!!!

I honestly feel like Seraphon are possible for a significant release, like Gloomspite Gitz scale release. But they would be more of a major ‘un, methinks

2 hours ago, DantePQ said:

I think they could go many ways, I believe Malerion's Aelves will be 100% new army BUT let's remember that both Malerion and Hysh Twins want to "save" Aelves so there is possibilityto fold factions with newer kits into them but I think they will have huge release nonetheless. I doubt they will be like Daughters of Khaine. I expect Deepkin alike releases + maybe some older kits. It is quite easy to fold for example Swifthawk Agents (1 kit of Skycutter)and Pheonix Temple (2 kits) into Light Aelves.

The same with Malerion Aelves I could see Black Guards/Executioners, Dark Riders, folded into his force. 

But I also think folding Wanderers into Sylvaneth (for example with option to make Wanderers only army with specific Allegiance ability) is awesome idea. Such moves would reduce greatly number of Aelves mini factions.  

Malerion’s Shadowkin/Shroudling Kings are likely a completely new faction of half-Daemon and part monster aelves, along with shadow monsters (in the lore some actually broke loose and had to be captured by Malerion’s Boyz). Similar to idoneth. There’s been multiple mentions of them. Just like how tyrion was mentioned, who is apparently actually mustering his “hosts” in Hysh. He’s completely blind btw. It’s just like how the Grotbag Scuttlers were mentioned in Gloomspite Gitz tome very explicitly, giving me reason to believe that they might come round next year or so. 

2 hours ago, Tzaangor Management said:

I would much rather see a 'Free Cities' tome that includes the former High Elves than an Aelf soup tome and I think it's the much more likely outcome. 

Aelves don't really have anything unifying them other than the Aelf keyword, which is in use by the Daughters of Kaine and the Idoneth Deepkin, and our collective memories of the Old World. If you look at the armies that have received soup tomes they have either: built out from one faction that has given them their theme like Moonclan or Beastmen; had a common keyword that unites them like Skaven; or had a unifying theme like the Legions of Nagash (auto-correct to Legions of Natasha 🤣). The disparate Aelf factions don't really have any of these. The most obvious option here would be the Swifthawk Agents, but that model range is OOP.

In the lore most of these factions (with some notable exceptions and these tend to be restricted by keyword) are part of the armies of Azyr or attached to the Free Cities in someway. There is little to no justifications for combined Aelf only armies at present. However, GW could get around this by including a the facility to create your own Free City, similar to the way that Kharadron Overlords can create Sky Ports, which would allow you to pick a number of traits, etc. and compose your army of the models that you like. Not only would this solve the Aelf problem, but it would also neatly solve the Ironweld problem at the same time.

GW have already done a lot of the work here with lore writing and the Firestorm Campaign supplement, they would solve three problems at once tidying up Order in almost one fell swoop and they could move onto the things they are clearly interested in: designing brand new factions, with interesting and unique IP's.

This is obviously my preference as well as what I think is the most likely outcome, but I don't really mind how they solve the Aelf, Dispossessed and Free People's problem, I just hope they do it soon. The other option is that they hang around until they can get folded into new factions and that could take a while...

I feel a cool idea for Free People’s was to gather dispossessed, aelves, farkling covens and all those guys, into a single book, and give them an allegiance ability that revolves around customizing what your city of Order has, which would determine what kind of resources or artifacts or special rules or lores of magic you get (maybe better melee, ranged or magic, etc.)

it would allow GW to solve a MASSIVE issue that has plagued them for a LONG time. 

Not a free people’s player tho, so I’m not an expert:P it’s just that the mortal Realms are so diverse that a city of only humans might be difficult to manage

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kaz said:

I feel a cool idea for Free People’s was to gather dispossessed, aelves, farkling covens and all those guys, into a single book, and give them an allegiance ability that revolves around customizing what your city of Order

I'm a Dispossessed player and we discussed this way too much in the Let's chat Disp.   Dispossessed have a strong flavor and, if you want, a legacy of lore VERY hard to just erase. I'd love a mixed tome but i cannot see them jammed with Humans and Aelfs...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Kaz said:

I feel a cool idea for Free People’s was to gather dispossessed, aelves, farkling covens and all those guys, into a single book, and give them an allegiance ability that revolves around customizing what your city of Order has, which would determine what kind of resources or artifacts or special rules or lores of magic you get (maybe better melee, ranged or magic, etc.)

it would allow GW to solve a MASSIVE issue that has plagued them for a LONG time. 

Not a free people’s player tho, so I’m not an expert:P it’s just that the mortal Realms are so diverse that a city of only humans might be difficult to manage

26 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

I'm a Dispossessed player and we discussed this way too much in the Let's chat Disp.   Dispossessed have a strong flavor and, if you want, a legacy of lore VERY hard to just erase. I'd love a mixed tome but i cannot see them jammed with Humans and Aelfs...

I think both (keeping duardin with their own army and adding them to Free Peoples) would be lovely.  I mean face it - the Free People aren't the Empire. Human, Duardin, and Aelf all live together in these cities and they contribute to Sigmar's armies. Hell, you could have a book with the current Free People, add the Ironweld Arsenal (with additional Duardin units), and say, Swifthawk Agents (since they're often called the scouts of Sigmar's armies). Big tome, covering a city of the realms the way they actually ARE in the realms, not just "Empire legacy army".

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Ay, don't let us come grumbling here on the subject.

There's enough with only the old Grungni lorewise to get a single Dispossessed faction and Battletome, not merged with humgi and elgi.

And don't let me start about Valaya too...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I think both (keeping duardin with their own army and adding them to Free Peoples) would be lovely.  I mean face it - the Free People aren't the Empire. Human, Duardin, and Aelf all live together in these cities and they contribute to Sigmar's armies. Hell, you could have a book with the current Free People, add the Ironweld Arsenal (with additional Duardin units), and say, Swifthawk Agents (since they're often called the scouts of Sigmar's armies). Big tome, covering a city of the realms the way they actually ARE in the realms, not just "Empire legacy army".

Which is pretty true. And I feel it’d Be pretty cool to have this epic last stand/legit grand alliance of ALL order standing together against the tides of chaos, United because they truly wish to defend their lands against the evil heretics and dead people and Green people etc  (I’m a Khorne Guy, so this means MOAR WURTHY BLUD FER DA BLUD GAWD!!!) 

28 minutes ago, Dammaz said:

Ay, don't let us come grumbling here on the subject.

There's enough with only the old Grungni lorewise to get a single Dispossessed faction and Battletome, not merged with humgi and elgi.

And don't let me start about Valaya too...

War God’s brazen balls, I opened a can of Dread Maws didn’t I.... if someone asks who let the dawi in, don’t point at me XD XD XD

As of the latest rumor engine; my honest best guess is probably either Slaanesh or an Aelf faction, due to the intricate design, and its elegant, so the aesthetic fits actually 

1 hour ago, Furuzzolo said:

I'm currently reading "Eight Lamentations: Spear of shadows". I'm half way through and Dispossessed are their own thing as well as living together with humans and other races in free cities. All 3 dwarf races are also different to Grungni. That's why I don't think we will see dispossessed only I'm free city books, but in their own battletome. 

At first I thought a combined duardin battletome could be a thing but after reading the book and listening to gotreks audio book, I don't think that will happen either. Fluff wise the duardin races are only similar in loving gold, beer and their size.

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

There's already precedent for units being available across Allegiances. Chaos specifically - Pestilens are usable as both Nurgle and Skaventide allegiance, Mortals are usable in Slaves as well as any God-Allegiance, and Beasts have Battaltions to go into God-Allegiance armies. Death has overlap between Nighthaunt and Legions as well.

They could easily add Keywords to certain Order units to make them available in other Allegiances. Maybe Dispossessed, Free Peoples, and some Aelves (probably not Wanderers or Dark Aelves, but at least some High Aelves) could be used in a "Free Cities" Tome and then there could be a separate Tome for Dispossessed-only or Duardin-only.

11 minutes ago, Requizen said:

There's already precedent for units being available across Allegiances. Chaos specifically - Pestilens are usable as both Nurgle and Skaventide allegiance, Mortals are usable in Slaves as well as any God-Allegiance, and Beasts have Battaltions to go into God-Allegiance armies. Death has overlap between Nighthaunt and Legions as well.

They could easily add Keywords to certain Order units to make them available in other Allegiances. Maybe Dispossessed, Free Peoples, and some Aelves (probably not Wanderers or Dark Aelves, but at least some High Aelves) could be used in a "Free Cities" Tome and then there could be a separate Tome for Dispossessed-only or Duardin-only.

I hope at the very least if we get separate Free Peoples and Dispossessed battletomes, the old Dwarf war machines end up in both. 

3 minutes ago, aktanolt said:

Probably updated battletome ? 

Think so though this one is going to need to be occupied by more than a terrain piece and Endless "Spells" to get me to buy in. I've got a small fyreslayer army but got so burned out on repetitive models. It needs new units and some aesthetic variation.

Edited by Forrix
  • Haha 1

Just now, Furuzzolo said:

What about #3 battletomes? 😎

Imagine Duardin getting Legions of Nagash style Battletome where there's 4 separate Allegiances, each with their own Artifacts/Traits - one for mixed, one for each subgroup. And each one is somehow viable.

What? A man can dream :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Imagine Duardin getting Legions of Nagash style Battletome where there's 4 separate Allegiances, each with their own Artifacts/Traits - one for mixed, one for each subgroup. And each one is somehow viable.

What? A man can dream :) 

I want this now so much, and with how they did Skaven (rolling Pestilins back into the mass) I could honestly see them doing it.