The Rumour Thread

At the last convention/event they teased something for each of the grand alliances and at least one fully new army (plus Forbidden Power and Warcry) if I remember correctly.

As far as armies that have great models but need a new book  I think Tom is on point with Kharadon Overlords and Sylvaneth.  The Sylvaneth line has been of interest to me since the beginning days, Drycha and Allarielle are awesome models and I like the tree revenants as well as the Kurnoth hunters.  I would be curious to see if they get endless spells but they are sort of the original included scenery army.   Wouldn't mind a hero like Rocket-Rat or something but they do have a good looking force.

I personally feel that Slaanesh is a ways off.  They have a good thing going with the story of milking her majesty's imprisonment and they could have the towers that shackle her fall one by one, each tower bringing  an advancement in story as well as a new army on the scene culminating in the next huge season/story turnover with a wicked four way showdown between Slaanesh, Light and Dark Elves, and Nagash.  It would be cool to have Slaanesh consume Nagash and feed off o his power for a while and conclude the Soul Wars saga (The fight for souls will never cease however, just conclude that story focus).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Correct.  Vince and I will do a live after-preview Warhammer Weekly where discuss all of the reveals.

I anticipate we'll see a video on with some more info on Forbidden Power, probably with some shots of the new Endless Spells or any other models it comes with, as well a book cover shots for KO and Sylvaneth (alongside their new Shadespire models).  For Warcry, I wonder if they might not have a bunch of demotables set up like they did with Shadespire a couple years ago.  I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal 2 more of the Warbands as well.

Oh, and we'll probably see our first real glimpse at Sisters of Battle models. 

These days I look forward to the warhammer weekly post reveal discussions as much as the reveals themselves. 

If anyone on here isn't watching warhammer weekly,  they are missing out. It is the AoS equivalent of wittertainment.

Really hope they do warcry demos at Adepticon . I am very curious about the rules for that game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

These days I look forward to the warhammer weekly post reveal discussions as much as the reveals themselves. 

If anyone on here isn't watching warhammer weekly,  they are missing out. It is the AoS equivalent of wittertainment.

Really hope they do warcry demos at Adepticon . I am very curious about the rules for that game.

You're too kind @Chikout.  We love doing the show and getting to share our enthusiasm for the game with others.  I'm glad that you enjoy the content we produce 😃 

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

In the March WD, I  read the Phil kelly interview: his fav development last year was by far the "ogors realm" (My translation may be wrong as it is the French WD issue). So, that means that an Ogor/Gutbuster is ready to be printed. I think that we'll see them this year, when GW feels that they can fit in their tight shedule.

• LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

In the March WD, I  read the Phil kelly interview: his fav development last year was by far the "ogors realm" (My translation may be wrong as it is the French WD issue). So, that means that an Ogor/Gutbuster is ready to be printed. I think that we'll see them this year, when GW feels that they can fit in their tight shedule.

Unless I missed something, he was talking about the old Ogre Kingdoms book from Warhammer Fantasy, not a new Age Of Sigmar thing. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

In the English version when asked what his favourite thing he's written for GW it says "A year ago I would have said the Ogre Kingdoms army book..." That (to me) means the world-that-was army book. He would have said "Ogor" and "Battletome" if it was something for AoS. 

Edit: ninja'd by @robinlvalentine 😂

Edited by WarbossKurgan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WarbossKurgan said:

In the English version when asked what his favourite thing he's written for GW it says "A year ago I would have said the Ogre Kingdom army book..." That (to me) means the world-that-was army book. He would have said "Ogor" and "Battletome" if it was something for AoS. 

You are playing with words my friend: you know like me that they CAN'T, they WON'T do a major leak like this in WD! :P9_9B|  They couldn't write black on white "we jusk finished the X battletome". I'm pretty confident that this work was also on the AoS front due to financial efficiency. 

7 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

You are playing with words my friend: you know like me that they CAN'T, they WON'T do a major leak like this in WD! :P9_9B|  They couldn't write black on white "we jusk finished the X battletome". I'm pretty confident that this work was also on the AoS front due to financial efficiency. 

Or he really could actually just be saying he liked the old Ogre Kingdoms book. That said though I hope you're right, I am very interested in seeing a Gutbusters tome and models.

14 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

What financial efficiency?

24 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Unless I missed something, he was talking about the old Ogre Kingdoms book from Warhammer Fantasy, not a new Age Of Sigmar thing. 

But in the AOS 2.0 Warhammer community gutbusters faction preview he said that the ogors are his favorite lads!!! 

Admittedly, in terms of reworked battletome, I’d say Sylvaneth and Kharadrons, if the underworld war bands are any indication, and the fact that Order hasn’t been touched for quite a long time now. 

As far as completely new battletomes are concerned, it’s gonna be either Darkoath or Slaanesh I’d say. Gutbusters has a low chance of actually coming round because there’s been almost  nothing said about them. It would be a huge bomb shell, unlike Slaanesh (who was in the top 5 things to look forward to in 2019)

But I’ve got the actual ogre kingdoms army book... and I can SENSE Phil kelly’s Devotion to our favorite horizontally gifted bois. 

I do think tjat in the future, we may see Idoneth endless Spells considering the coins rumor Engine last time. We might see endless Spells released without new battletomes for those factions with recently released times (daughters, idoneth, Maggotkin, etc) 

Edited by Kaz

3 minutes ago, Still-young said:

What financial efficiency?

Developing is expensive. Because you have to make your money back (ROI) with something else (selling plastick and paper).  You can't pay a major "player" like Phil kelly in a company like GW without thinking of optimising the development on several fields. And the major Fantasy field is AoS. So, Ogor+ fantasy pretty much means AoS and Gutbusters+battletome to me.

Except he was talking about the past, during the time of Fantasy when he worked on Ogre Kingdoms as one of his favourite past projects. The entire point was what he had done previously that he had enjoyed, its not like GW would of had him write the next 4 things vaguelly Ogor related when working on a Army book for a completely different game.

I have both WD (FRE and ENG) in front of me, Phil Kelly obviously talk about the WFB Ogre Kingdom Armybook of old. 

We also learned that PK wrote much of the Malign Portent short stories ; that remained me of the Ogre Kingdom short stories in the WD of that time (about an Imperial marchant traveling the Ivory / Silk Road toward the Mountains of Mourn) ; they were brilliant and totally in the mood of some of the AOS short stories we got with MP (i.e. more epic / exotic / high fantasy but still with the Warhammer grimdark, realistic tone).

--

Waiting for Adepticon, as @VascoPinto noted on the other thread, the AOS website has been updated with a proper WARCRY section :D 

https://ageofsigmar.com/warcry/ 

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

Developing is expensive. Because you have to make your money back (ROI) with something else (selling plastick and paper).  You can't pay a major "player" like Phil kelly in a company like GW without thinking of optimising the development on several fields. And the major Fantasy field is AoS. So, Ogor+ fantasy pretty much means AoS and Gutbusters+battletome to me.

But he was talking about the Army Book that was written before AoS was a thing. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Nah, I built enough Tempestus Tauroxes to know that looks very similar, but the flair on the hinge just screams Sisters of Battle to me. I'm like 98% this is a new Repressor/Exorcist for Sisters that we'll see at ACon.

The flair on the hinge is exactly the same as the AdMech stuff. 

28 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Nah, I built enough Tempestus Tauroxes to know that looks very similar, but the flair on the hinge just screams Sisters of Battle to me. I'm like 98% this is a new Repressor/Exorcist for Sisters that we'll see at ACon.

The hinge flair is the same as the Taurox

Taurox-Prime4.jpg

• Thanks 1

I'm not quite sure about the paintjob she's had on the face, but I think the sculpt is great and its really neat to see a leader female for the stormcast! The only real downside is that its a store opening exclusive! I really hope she goes on general or a more widespread exclusive sale pattern because store openings are really niche and rare. 

I like exclusives and they can be a great way to get more unique characters out there, but I really hope GW makes her more accessible to everyone in the fullness of time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I think it’s pretty cool. I’m sure everyone will complain about more Stormcast, but it’s great to have a female model front and centre at gw.

It is also a nice sculpt. 

(...)

Even if she's described as a Liberator-Prime, she looks like the female Knight-Questor on the cover of the new AOS RPG. Nice one anyway ! 

Untitled-design.png 

• Like 2